Irritating Adverts

valentinik_15

Dear "SoftMan"

The adverts on the Soft page seem to be getting out of control. It pops up every time my mouse accidentally rolls over it and it covers the whole screen. The other ad at the bottom right corner is another piss-off.

I love the site but the ads are a pain.

Cheers,
JD

PS: Anyone with the same sentiments?

Oh well I guess that's how James earns money to run the site and keep it free! No complains here.

valentinik_15, I am sorry that your surfing experience is dampen by the ads. But the reality of thing is we need the revenue from the banner ads to help maintain the site.

As for the ads that pops out, try not to roll your mouse over them and it will be ok.

Well i guess as what J.Custom mentioned. Since the site is free I'll have to suck it up. Anyway its kinda like avoiding landmines. Carefully navigating the mouse to avoid the banners.

No worries mate. And happy polling day.

JD

James:

It's rather bothersome at times.
How about supporting members having an ad free experience?
It might boost more softies to be supporting members.
:)

Hee..heee... Supporting Members, I have disabled the big rectangle ad near the navigation bar and the square ad in the thread posting. Is it working for you?

It is working. To be honest I don't mind the one at the top, but the square one inside the post is always a problem when the post contains pictures.

The main concern for me is Flash ads as they are a huge resource hog and sometimes intrusive. Keeping it to tasteful text and .gif ads will be good.

yeah it's working well on my end, but it's the one with the automatic 75% screen expand banner upon mouseover that's gets tricky heheh.

You should just use pop up ads instead. since most of us have pop up blockers.

I'm quite annoyed with the ads popping out whenever i roll my mouse over the banners....

I'm okay with all the ads EXCEPT one. The Australia one where there's a video. Damn annoying cos you cannot close it away, it will keep opening and automatically play.

i would normally get myself into a bear trap where i accidentally roll over an ad, and when i proceed to close it, my mouse hovers directly over another ad, causing it to pop up. thus creating an endless cycle:p

The happy feet 2 ad is a model example of a good banner. Click to activate audio. Drops a hint that I may want to dedicate attention to without being intrusive!

Yup but then again, we need the ads to support this.
After all, none of us non-commercial sellers (correct me if i'm wrong) are giving James a % of our sales (ie such as a consignment) and he also needs a viable way to keep this website going...
so let's bear with it and kudos to James for all his hardwork... After all we're all using this site for free, sharing and gaining info etc.

Thanks for the understanding. One benefit of being Supporting Members is that you will see fewer ads.

Back