3 May 2008
1pm
*scape Youth Centre
Co-presented by SOFT and terraBox
Equipment Sponsor: Blackwood Guitars - Your Guitar Boutique - Home
Drum Sponsor: ::: Pro Musique Products :::

Shern Wong + Malik + Addy Rasidi + Rosli Mansor

Guest Presenter: Shern Wong (1 – 2pm)
Shern Wong grew up listening to ABBA and the Bee Gees and discovered electric guitar and rock music at age 17. His previous experiences include playing with his band in the inaugural SuperBand competition and playing for Rosli Mansor since the latter’s album debut. During his segment, Shern will touch on harmonised chord progression: the basics, types, uses and examples. MySpace.com - Shern Wong - SG - Rock - www.myspace.com/shernwong

Malik (2 – 3pm)
Malik’s name is well-recognised by fans of band MALEX and he is no stranger to many across the Causeway and in Indonesia. Having picked up the electric guitar since he was a teenager and released his first album in the early ‘90s, Malik made a successful comeback with his current band after a hiatus. He will share his journey as a guitarist, from his first album to his reluctant hiatus and the reasons for his return and how he made his comeback.

Blackwood Guitars (3 – 3.30pm) Blackwood Guitars - Your Guitar Boutique - Offline

Addy Rasidi (3.30 - 4.30pm)
He is an endorsee for DiMarzio and Ibanez and has released two albums with his band CRADLE and his solo album during his music career. Addy Rasidi has worked with several veterans in the local music scene such as John Molina, Douglas Oliveiro and the band Jive Talking. His segment will cover in details about the basics and techniques of guitar playing. MySpace.com - Addy Rasidi - SG - Rock / Pop - www.myspace.com/addyrasidi

Rosli Mansor (4.30pm)
Having covered rhythm dynamics and grooving in the first guitar workshop, Rosli continues from where he stopped and will touch on ‘the sauce’ and the important components of music composition: the three Ms. Those who missed the first workshop don’t have to worry being lost as Rosli will briefly reintroduce what he covered earlier. If you are starting on music composition, this is one segment you will not miss. MySpace.com - Rosli Mansor - "NEW BORN" - SG - Rock - www.myspace.com/roslimansor

FRETBOARD FRENZY, the brainchild of instrumentalist Rosli Mansor and produced by terraBox, aims to provide a platform to showcase local experienced and aspiring musicians with a common factor: their unbridled passion for the fretboard. MySpace.com - Fretboard Frenzy - All - Rock - MySpace.com - Fretboard Frenzy - All - Rock - www.myspace.com/fretboardfrenzzy

080419_soft_gathering.jpg

Hello to my brother of rock.

I wish u guys good luck, good luck to Addy, good Luck to Mansor Good luck to Malik also to Shern wong may god bless u all the best.

I try to set free time to visit u all there.

From former 80s rock band
Black sept

understanding above all

Jackmann

Wish i was there...

What an awesome line up. It's about time Singapore recognized talent. If only i could be there. Rock on.

srt

expect lotsa great tips left-right-center-corner and every bit we need to knoe on guitar technics and such.

thanks james!

we'll bring down some very sweet fender custom shops and gibson custom shops down for the event.

blackwood guitars

But "lau kok kok" ppl must go super duper early to "chop" seats. Or else must stand for 5 or 6 hours quite xiong. hehe...

Blackwood Guitars

As equipment sponsors for this event, we'd be bringing down a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier with a Mesa Boogie 4 x 12 cab, an Engl Screamer 50 combo and possibly a Fender 59 Bassman. (if it is not sold by then)

We'll also bring down some very sweet Fenders, Gibson and a whole slew of boutique guitar effects, courtesy of Ebenex Music.

It'll be gear fest to remember - of course, that'll be a just a taste of what is in store at Blackwood Guitars.

See you guys soon!

rr

Wow....Mesa Triple Rect. Sure gonna blow the venue. its really a great amp..
BLACKWOOD GUITARS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, all the featured Guitarist are reali Great guitar players. I saw Shern try-out some guitars at Yamaha PS the other day and he is sooooo super coooooolll.....wish i can play like him. i did sum research on the other guitar players like Addy, Rosli and Malik, when to their websites, hear their songs n music, and even bought their CDs. Real Awesome Talents...!!!!!

i may not be a guitar player n cant even play music but this talented people sure move me. i am an Admirer n a fan now.

Back