Guitar Day @ SOFT Gathering - 3 May 2008

yes, shredcow would be a good addition.

he's one of the most knowledgable when it comes to effects.

hope you guys enjoyed the engl and mesa lonestar!

Bro Edder Bro and Randolf are the masters when it comes to geetar effects! Check out Edder's Sahasrara Overdrive pedal he made for the artistes he endorsed such as Rosli Mansor and Electrico's David and Daniel at om laboratories

On a side note, his home brew is the shit!

Bro Edder Bro and Randolf are the masters when it comes to geetar effects! Check out Edder's Sahasrara Overdrive pedal he made for the artistes he endorsed such as Rosli Mansor and Electrico's David and Daniel at om laboratories

On a side note, his home brew is the shit!

Yes! One more vote for bro edder here. I rikes him - he always reads my posts. :D.

Bro larva is the bomb when it comes to songwriting and arranging. It's a shame if he wasn't part of this.

I don't know anything about other people's effects, so I won't even pretend and talk rubbish in front of people or even on the forum. ;)

Like they always say in Hokkien, "kiang tiok hor, mai kay kiang". (smart can already, don't act smart). Can be applied to everything in everyday life and also the internet.

Can't wait for the next one.

Hey! A big thank you to all who turned up. The energy level in the room was way high.

Some of the vip whom I like to highlight here:

Dex and Grace from *scape who sponsored us the perfect venue for the event.

David and Ewen from Blackwood Guitar for sponsoring us all the nice nice guitar amps.

Terry from Mapex for sponsoring the drumset.

My good friend Ken (purplehaze) for helping on the video filming.

Eleanor from TerraBox Production for constantly 150% supportive of local musicians and inviting the workshop presenters.

Not to forget, our SUPERSTARS! Shern Wong + Malik + Addy Rasidi + Rosli Mansor

The SOFT Gathering will have a break in June but will be back again in July. If you have any suggestions/feedback , do let me know.

Better days ahead!

No problem.

Blackwood Guitars and Ebenex Music will always show 100% support for soft.com.sg and the local music community as a whole.

James, as a few people have mentioned in the previous few replies, maybe a guitar effects workshop led by Edder and Randolf sounds great.

We do not claim to have technical expertise in amps, effects or even guitars but one thing we've done and will continue to do is to support soft.com.sg in to the best of our ability and to bring in what people want. (Not many people have heard/tried a Gibson Custom Shop, Mesa, Fulltone wah or Nova Delay) They can then decide whether that guitar/amp or effect is good or not for themselves. There is never an obligation to buy.

Blackwood Guitars and Ebenex Music are in the business of fulfilling people's dreams/GAS - i.e. we'll continue to bring in the finest and most desirable musical instruments available, at the fairest prices in an effort to continue to grow our local musical instrument industry.

Anyway, in short, thanks to James and everyone else for making the soft gathering a huge SUCCESS!

Regards,

David
Blackwood Guitars
Ebenex Music

Last edited:
Why is this tetrabox thingy involved at all ???

There are better guitarists at Soft than those put up.

It's sad that ShredCOW or Larva isn't invovled because these two are by far the best that Soft has to offer and no disrespect to those that were up there, but these two will blow you all to bits.

Can Soft clarify, succintly, that when it organises events, even with third parties, notwithstanding, that such events, with its necessary limitations does not include a limitation in the form of a stipulation that limits Soft in as far as who it allows onto these events as promoters/artistes?

In short,, is this a tertrabox event or a soft event?

RoRK, I am shock that your attitude suddenly became so aggressive. If it was because I didnt take action regarding 'digihub', I am sorry.

Regarding why is terraBox involved in SOFT Gathering, simply because I invited them.

SOFT grows when everyone grows.

I didn't mean to shock you. I've always been the same - enquiring minds would like to know.

If you invited terrabox and their artists then why didn't you ask Softies who they would like to be there? Suffice it that occasions like this doesn't happen often.

You may think that terrabox has a good set of artists but I'm SHOCKED that you didn't look at your own members, if not firstly then surely at some point in time. No?

Granted, it is factual that who is better is subjective, but I would be SHOCKED that someone like ShredCOW or Larva didn't cross you rmind when you first imagined this three-fold event.

Did you even contact them?

Now that terrabox is in the flow, are you in anyway restricted from inviting Softies such as ShredCOW and larva to come onboard?

Cheers
RoRK

Why is this tetrabox thingy involved at all ???

There are better guitarists at Soft than those put up. I hope this tetrabox is paying Soft some mulahs to ride on Soft's soft arse!

It's sad that ShredCOW or Larva isn't invovled because these two are by far the best that Soft has to offer and no disrespect to those that were up there, but these two will blow you all to bits.

Can Soft clarify, succintly, that when it organises events, even with third parties, notwithstanding, that such events, with its necessary limitations does not include a limitation in the form of a stipulation that limits Soft in as far as who it allows onto these events as promoters/artistes?

In short,, is this a tertrabox event or a soft event?

We have been civil with each other so far RoRk. But, i think you seriously need a reality check and to shut the hell up.

Firstly, Shredcow ( Daniel ) and Larva ( Samuel ) are not even bitching about this. If i were them, i would seriously be embarassed to be associated in this thread and your bitching.

Don't make it seem like you know Terrabox management or Fretboard frenzy AT ALL. We opened the invitation to ALL guitar players and even said so vocally at the event. Granted, Dan and Samuel are great players, esp samuel, who is a friend of mine and my band. I think if they wanted to join us, they would have approached us.

There are far better guitar players then the ones listed on Fretboard Frenzy? I am not stroking my ego or the ego of the players of fretboard frenzy. But if you could do so kind as to point out with playing demos and profiles as to the better ones, please do. This includes live playing experience, teaching experience, studio experience, versatility, touch, tone and playing ability. Everyone of the members of Fretboard Frenzy has all the above.

As from what i know if the players here think they are good enough, they would have stepped up to us and want to be included, since we have never said we wanted to exclude anyone. All we have been doing is inviting people and waiting for them to join us.

I hope you are not being bitter we didnt approach you, cause frankly we don't have a segment on how to use studio equipment to fix horrendous timing issues. Everyone can tell how much of a bitter fellow you are ( Don't think i need any back up on this). No surprise every thread that involves you turns out to be a shitting contest. None of them in the forum want to say anything because they are sick and tired of you and this negative publicity of your "potty-mouthed" word of mouth crap.

oki, i will delete post that are not constructive. Dont make me work harder than I should.

James, you are way too kind to everyone. Soft and Fretboard Frenzy are working together to improve the Instrumental side of the music scene that involves Guitar, Bass and any fretboard instrument. This is your forum and your event, if your not gonna protect your ideas and us, or anyone who is helping you or events that we are doing together......then i don't know what else to say.

Just to share, I too had volunteered for writer and artiste duties with James before ... but havent been selected yet ...sometimes.... things just dont go as how we'd like em to be ... we're all softies and shud and be "aite" with each other. Leave the "colon cleansing" to James - he knows what he's doing bro...

my 2 cents:cool:

Last edited:
Let's be appreciative here. Someone took the Trouble to Organise an Event like this for all to SHARE and have FUN, and we have been having it on a monthly basis since.

Rork: -

In organizing an event – How to ask everyone here ? (who would you like to be there) ? Yes we can - It's a 2-Way thing

First of all, different people here will ask for different people to be there. Even say everyone agree on a particular person (that person might not be available on that day and be there) isn’t it. The objective of organizing events like this is for a purpose that we all knows best and by far No-Limitation.

It is you here that is “Limiting” – says who (not James) that only the Best Of The Best can be showcase here at monthly meetups.

Know your limits here – Soft owe you no clarification here but instead seems like you are really Questioning the Perogative of Other People’s Right here.

Read - Forum Rule & Regulation

http://soft.com.sg/forum/message-us/20141-forum-rules-regulations.html

They were simple questions requiring simple answers. Egos should stand aside. It is definitely Jame's prerogative to answer these quesations as much as it is mine to ask them.

Do elaborate where it was that I went out of line?

Again -
1) Were guitarists from Soft, the better ones, asked to join in this event?
2) Does the involvment of tetrabox restrict Soft in who the performers/artistes are for this three-month long event?

Why in the world are these two questions out of line? And please don't count this as a third question.

ONLY 2 SIMPLE Qs!

RoRK

1. A number of the presenters ARE SOFTies.

2. tetrabox's involvement can only add more value to the event, it never restrict/limit.

* fyi, Shredcow has presented in SOFT Gathering before. So has a number of SOFTies.

Thanks for the answers.

I would appreciate it if nano's negative statements are similarly removed. I don't see how it is that they can be deemed constructive when they are direct and baseless attacks!

And, James, if you are sincere with your apology to me then I humbly accept it but I think it is fair that you not only apolise to me but to the Softies that were disaffected by your self-inflicted inertia and at least provide a sense of comfort to the disaffected that such incidences will not occur again due to more diligence and quicker action on your part.

Cheers
RoRK

Back