Guitar Day @ SOFT Gathering - 3 May 2008

OK lets move on ( as you say James) - but ... Hey Bro ! - you are really the nicest person I've came across (I'm sure we here have to agree to this) ....

PS:- but sometimes being too nice is, sad to say mistakenly seen by some - as An Act Of Submission, which really is not so ..... so let's us all not take Kindness for Weakness (generally speaking)

You're a Great Host - James !

ry

James what ever it may seem, thru thick n thin, we are always behind u. U always been the greatest person ever met, and for collaborating with TerraBox for the Guitar Day events, i really salute u.

and to RORK,
if u hv got nuting to offer than just babbbling n complaining, y not u just Shut up!!!!!!! if u think u r so great, organise sumthing n show us all wat u capable of.....rather than being behind ur lappy or PC dissing ppl.

i backed nanoshred up on that. Fretboard Frenzy has been inviting guitarists as well as look for new ways to improve the instrumental scene here in spore. i think we just need to focus on the people who wants to make it happen here. like the brainchild of FF, Mr Rosli Mansor. as well as the other players in it. and also the other upcoming ones. I think we cant avoid having people like Rork, doing his best to diss and give negativity of this effort that everyone including everyone here at soft. who are doing their best to make it better. All we need to do is to focus on the things that needs to be done. and not on pple who are just probably sour, or has something against another guitarist personally. well i am very happy to see everyone being excited and looking forward to make the next one a more HAPPENING one!

And James!!! you have been very kind to collaborate with terrabox to make this whole event a memorable one. as well as bonding each softies together, i think its totally cool! new people to meet and more experiences to learn from one and other.

what i can say bout pple whu gives negative vibes! it all boils down to envy. one of the downfall of men.

Last edited:
r6

Steadi ah...NoMIS, i like the way u put it. by the way, when u want to teach me play like steve vai...???? and who is this RoRk guy????? handsome or not?????

James, pls keep up your work and vision for Soft. We all appreciate what's going nowadays and hopefully there's more to come.

As much as i do not want to comment about what's going on nor open up a can of worms....Rork, you were not at the event and i'm very sure of that. Why am i so confident? Before you shoot me down, i will like to share with everyone why your inquisition into the event is moot.

The very actual fact is/was, everyone was encouraged to make the instrumental scene much better and any contributions will be appreciated. It has actually even advocate what you always had in the forum, that is being original. Applicants just need to send in at least 2 original works to be considered, this was announced a couple of times during the event to prevent a slew of players coming up to do a full cover set which will be pointless.

You weren't even there to watch what's happening nor listen to what everyone had to offer, and now you come here barking expecting James to bend over backwards to answer your queries? If you were there, you would have caught the announcement of submission of originals and approaching FF/James for a slot.

Better and more qualified players from Soft to give their talk in the event? You are actually shooting your own mouth off, by pointing James or FF organisers having their own preferences....you too have your own list of better players and why should we consider yours or others? Think it over and stop using the soft collective as a mandate to challenge James or anyone's decision, you will not speak for the rest of soft and use them as you wish for your own pursue of interests or not

sounds of friends together..

this entity,shall be and will remain, as James had envisioned, Sounds Of Friends Together..this is getting too political for my liking..agendas and mandates..

I am addicted to this forum coz of the great players (guitarists or other musicians),advise and oogling of GAS..if this forum is getting push by individuals who are using this medium to serve their agenda/mandate...its SAD..period

James has apologized, I have apologized. Cheez has apologized.

There are issues involved here that only James, Cheez and myself know about. James asked you all to PM him if you have any more issues. Please do so.

If you want to continue to make baseless and illogical accusations against my character then so be it but face the consequences for doing so.

Those of us directly involved have apologized to each other. I believe we were and still are sincere with out apologies and that we will keep to our word to help make Soft better by learning from this experience.

I was wronged and I was apologized to. I too made some mistakes and have apologized for it. Please note that I never made any negative remarks about any guitarists or event organisers whatsoever. I merely asked for more. If more=bad then the level of discussion is perfectly beyond me. NOTE - everyone that was involved was great! Making a suggestion for two more artistes couldn't have been that bad of an idea or at least that's what I thought.

Anyways, let's let it rest and PM James as he has suggested. Posting here doesn't help James, Soft and everyone else and that includes yourself.

If you feel you must air your anger towards me then please do so via PM. Let's make music. Not war.

Cheers
RoRK

Steadi ah...NoMIS, i like the way u put it. by the way, when u want to teach me play like steve vai...???? and who is this RoRk guy????? handsome or not?????

bro! you were one of the guitarist who inspired me to pursue guitar man! those evil zakk wylde squeals was wat i was hooked on when i was a kid when u were working in swee lee! haha. you are a fantastic player urself bro! we can share tricks ah... upgrade for both of us! hahaha.

t

upgrades ok
i am installing new spoilers on my PRS n new Fog lites on my amp. how bout u??..

As Bro fgl & James said - Yes, Let's Move On From Here my dear Bros.

Remembering - we're all Softies and we're a Family Of Musicians out here in this CyberSpace we call "Home" .... soft.com.sg..

Cheers, let it rest, we're mature enough and we can accept that - afterall We're indeed only Human...

Warmest Regards

Eric

James has apologized, I have apologized. Cheez has apologized.

There are issues involved here that only James, Cheez and myself know about. James asked you all to PM him if you have any more issues. Please do so.

If you want to continue to make baseless and illogical accusations against my character then so be it but face the consequences for doing so.

Those of us directly involved have apologized to each other. I believe we were and still are sincere with out apologies and that we will keep to our word to help make Soft better by learning from this experience.

I was wronged and I was apologized to. I too made some mistakes and have apologized for it. Please note that I never made any negative remarks about any guitarists or event organisers whatsoever. I merely asked for more. If more=bad then the level of discussion is perfectly beyond me. NOTE - everyone that was involved was great! Making a suggestion for two more artistes couldn't have been that bad of an idea or at least that's what I thought.

Anyways, let's let it rest and PM James as he has suggested. Posting here doesn't help James, Soft and everyone else and that includes yourself.

If you feel you must air your anger towards me then please do so via PM. Let's make music. Not war.

Cheers
RoRK

in the first place, James shouldnt be apologising or apologised at all. not even to u. Do u get that RoRk...???? wif all do respect to all the members in SOFT, the way i read it on what u been babbling about, u just another piece of " u knoe wat that comes out from behind ". Nxt time when u quoting sumthing, choose ur words wisely. Dont act as though u knoe things when u just another one wif just loysa hoooohhaaaassss n hahahhaaaaas...knoe how to talk only....

i challenge u to organise sumthing for SOFT since u got alot of things to say....

take this challenge or u just another low life piece of " u knoe wat that comes out from behind ".

tu

Aiyoh....still havent finish isit????? duke, dont know who u are, we all move on alreadi la. Dont spark the fire again please. No one is injured what. so whats the fuzz...???

NoMiS -
bro! you were one of the guitarist who inspired me to pursue guitar man! those evil zakk wylde squeals was wat i was hooked on when i was a kid when u were working in swee lee! haha. you are a fantastic player urself bro! we can share tricks ah... upgrade for both of us! hahaha.

NoMis, serious ah.. u starting to make me look handsome again.. ok tomoro come to me, i treat u McDonald.

Duke-Of-Dudes

We just said - Enough Is Enough ! now move on. Rork has stop, so should you...and stop challenging Rork here - what does that makes you har?

Let's not forget this

I don't want to add to the above mix - I am relatively new in soft, so I don't know anybody and am unfamiliar with the politics/personalities or what have you (and the same, I suspect, goes for a lot of folks here; as RoRK said, only James, Cheez and he know the details). I just want to say the following so that the point does not get lost in the hullabaloo.

I attended the 2nd FF, my first soft event, and I am sure glad I did. I am too new to be able to take it all in and benefit from it all, but to paraphrase James, you should just let the "fountain" wash over you and maybe some little of it will still get inside.

The talents on display were wonderful to experience. The willingness to share (and teach) was real heart-warming (I was going to say "surprising" but that does no credit to the presenters). Even to a new person like me, the sense of a community drawn together by common purpose was palpable (it's not like, say a crowd in some seminar or a cinema audience).

At the end, I was (and am) thankful that we have soft and the people in it who organises such events, the companies and business people who support it and the softies who are interested in music. Truth be told, I was in fact a little afraid that we will run of presenters (given how small Singapore is), but if (going by the above) there are actually many more, then I say: Let a hundred flowers bloom, let ideas contend, let there be diversity. Soft cannot but prosper by this.

Last edited:
NoMis, serious ah.. u starting to make me look handsome again.. ok tomoro come to me, i treat u McDonald.

NoMis is right. And donch worry. You are always handsome! At least I know I've shared the same stage with Urban Karma axeman before! Crazy guy!

ai shay! like tat wu got free eh macdonald eh~ Grain u HANDSOME U HANDSOME!!!!! got free macdonald? haha kidding hee joking eh. Hello softiessss memberss ^_^

r

NoMis is right. And donch worry. You are always handsome! At least I know I've shared the same stage with Urban Karma axeman before! Crazy guy!

eh sia la....u knoe my experience playing wif The Rover on stage was really amazing....to knoe he is one of Fretboard Frenzy really gave me the goosebumps...Great Guy and to the girls out there, he is really handsome. Imagine Nomis & The Rover in one band, will become the hottest band Singapore will hv.

Back