female drummers

omg ya seriously man... totally agree wha girlpants just said.. Ppl tend to generalise guys to be better at drums or soccer or electric guitar cause its more of a guy thing... for us girls i think we also kinda know that. but for us to be taking up either soccer or drums i think its cool whether we're good or not. at least we broaden our talents and not just stick to one single talent by itself. good to learn new things...

didnt seem like someone was joking... even if u were joking... i dont think its funny.

+1 flamingpot they are a rare breed.

hey this thread was way back in 07 man. still alive and kicking man.

to add on. female drummers are a turn on man. and i think they highlight the bands performance. cause like i said female drummers are a huge rarity in bands nowadays. especially in the local music scene.

imagine a hot chick playing smth heavy. hah. death metal heavy.
hot i tell you.

and yes im a guy if you guys are wondering thus the name kirk.

go go rock chicks. drumming is hot for you guys man. drum on!

i just saw an all female(should be coz i see 4 girls) jamming at beat merchant yesterday night. omg they were playing metal i think - was concentrating on their faces hehe. but the drummer was really rocking man. she is really good. i think she looked at me for awhile. i think i smiled at her. i think there were sparks flying...i think....i think....blabla....

Wahahaha, they way you descibe her.. man, i THINK you got infatuated for a while there.
Haha, thanks guys for BELIEVING in female musicians!
Rock on!!!

Haha yeah there's nothing wrong with female drummers, they can certainly be as good or better than male drummers. Just one thing that I feel la for beginners right like I heard some school bands (as in young bands) play then the female drummers like not very experienced or anything. Then when they crash no strength or anything so its like HEAVY ROCK SONG WOOWOOWOO DRUMROLLLLLLL then like instead of *CRASH* you hear like an angelic *ding*. Girls naturally more peaceful ma

yesh sweeettt.i've seen a female jazz drummer couple years ago down at clarke.too bad i didn't rmmbr the bar's name.But she was definitely playing with her soul.Any girl jazz drummer here?
Just i supposed three or two weeks ago i went to this event called femme**something at prince of wales to watch my friend performed her acoustic stuffs,i ran across the last band..yet again i forgot the name.But it consists of few girls including the drummer.God,drummer was good.Not to mention the vocalist and the keyboardist.

SO GUYS GIRL POWER.

Where did you hear the guys saying that girls can't play drums & all?
Who is the guy..Girl Drummer is rarer than a Fender :D
I bet Fender Guitars can be bought anytime,while the girl drummers can't be bought.They are priceless & they are very very very rare.
Even if I am a 51% drummer & 49% guitarist,doesn't mean I am pro in drums.
Girls,support you all the way.Drum til you die!Woo Rock On!Peace Out.

Last edited:
lol... men defending female drummers...
Female drummers are SMOKING HOT... gosh:)
And im one:)
HAHAHHA.
joking la...
Yea have seen that salin girl play. shes damn awesome.
Why never find me on youtube? haha joking la.
Im not very good serious.
O wells...
GIRL DRUMMERS are rare...
More should aspire to be one:)
even the guys.
Joking la...
Hope no one is offended just joking!
Byeee:)

hello everyone! esp girl drummers! **(o-o)**

Greetings, all girl drummers!
I had been playing drums since 1998. been jamming japanese visual rock but stopped for about 1 and a half year since my last band disbanded.

here are some questions for all of you:

1. What equipment does everyone own/use for drum practise?
( a drum set/digital drums/drum pad with timer attached/airplay., etc)

2. Any reason for your choice? (no space, too noisy etc..)

3. Main/common problems faced when practising/jamming with bands?

4. Does you usually perfect the song in the 1st audition with a band?
if not, what do you propose and what are your thoughts if you are rejected
because they think you make mistakes, dun practise enough/do not own a drum
set/practise pad for practising?other than you can't play at all or screw up cos too nervous?

it would be great to know what everyone thinks. cos I had screwed up a few auditions and am demoralised . I can play but sometimes I just screwed up due to nervousness or whatever reason i do not know, or perhaps my passion is not in a different genre (from what I had been playing before)?

anyway, feel free to contribute, waiting for ur feedback!

sephira :)

Last edited:
Back