female drummers

Wow, this thread has been dead for half a year, but still sticky! Hehe.

So... I guess I should report in!

Female drummer (newbie) reporting! :)

yoyo wassup!

hey guys! have i posted anything here already? =)

girl power rox!

oh yeah, i can see alot more female drummers ard nowadays.. it's great! not trying to promote ladies-can-be-as-good-as-guys theory but im proud to know/say tt female drummers are just as badass as any guys!

\m/

haha, that's right fgl. unfortunately, one who doesnt practise, BUT, booze, tobacco, and a massive dose of indian carnatic music!

what terrible advice i seem to give :(
stick with the carnatic stuff though. calculations are numero uno!

quoted by justaphase; haha, that's right fgl. unfortunately, one who doesnt practise, BUT, booze, tobacco, and a massive dose of indian carnatic music!

hahah hey U r in the rite band in JVJ then wahahhhaaa

any female drummers kind enuff to share their drumming practices tips?

Hmmm...I'm not sure how to answer this question, cuz how would female drummers practise differently from male drummers?

I may practise differently from my male colleagues, purely because I'm trying to get something different? That has no bearing on my gender.

Maybe you can share what you want to achieve and how you currently practise; then anyone on this forum can advise? ;)

Is this thread still alive?:p

Anyways, I'm a guitarist & started playing the drums accidentally. I bought a drumset few months ago for my little brother cos he did well in his exams and out of curiosity, I sat there and start to whack the set. And I liked it:p I can whack to a few not-so-extreme songs.

So do I still consider myself as a drummer? :???:

of course! its what you feel in your heart, which you are. anyone can be a drummer anyone. BUT if you are giving up guitar for drums i call you a full fletched drummer hahaha.

hahaha. oh no I'm never gonna give guitar up.
But drumming is so so much different from guitar-ing, it has that "feeling" when you play.
Can't really find words to describe it... LOL

looks like you are staying a guitarist and becoming a side line once in a while play drums person. haha alls cool. its not about who plays what. its about how everyone sound together. MUSIC haha. drums only noise. guitar only noise. together you get music. too bad you are not an octopus if not can play both PLUS bass somemore! haha

Hahaha. Yeah man! I want many arms! I'll go ask Ben 10.
Anyways, where are all the lady drummers?
I need some tips from all you experience ones!

ah yes the female drummers thread... haha. YEA IM A FEMALE DRUMMER! have been playing since 10? but my friend taught me the basics like 4 beat then from there progress on by ear . yeapp. for those who wants a drumset but parents objected. trust me mine did too. but look, ive got a drumset with a double pedal and 2 sabian crashes and paiste china splash and china. and i live in a HDB. so everything is possible la:)

female drummers should swap their drumsticks for knitting needles so that they can knit a nice wooly sweater for their bandmates......

females CANNOT play drums la! period....uh...during that too....

female drummers should swap their drumsticks for knitting needles so that they can knit a nice wooly sweater for their bandmates......

females CANNOT play drums la! period....uh...during that too....

Bro aquanaut - !!!!! please don't do that here har. "use your brain, use your brain " when you post here lah....too free izzit (we can have beer together with fgl & tettra), but don't talk like that lah ... be nice to our Female-Drummer....please.eeee

PS: - I've just commended on your good behaviour nowadays with the Admin/Moderators today....and now you "Ki-Seow" again. Please don't...

Thank You

eric

ok la....i sincerely apologise....i was only joking la....
o just wanted my friend to see it as she is graduating from adelaide conservatory....she's good la...but better at other things....
i like her bass drum consistency and she loves my bass playing....

-_-"
I really hate it when people start comparing the talents/skills/who-can-do-better between girls and guys.
I really hate it
And i almost fall out with my dad because of this damned topic.

So please, keep those nasty comments to yourself.
Try to look at humans in general rather than 'guys' and 'girls'
Thanks

Back