Epl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgl

Real Madrid 0-1 Arsenal

MADRID, February 21 (Champions League) - Arsene Wenger got what he had demanded when Thierry Henry lead a superb team effort as Arsenal recorded a famous win in the first leg of their Champions League clash with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. :lol: 8)

Last edited:
Lol, isn't it easy...no Henry no win...look at how Henry shaked off Ronaldo...slided past Guti? Not so sure about the last man...if Henry wasn't there...it might have been a draw considering how Arsenal whalloped away all the balls coming in from Real.

Trust me, I'm a Man United fan but watching an English club win is pretty ok...just so as long as they don't do a Liverpool.

hahaha dun be surprised if we do...anyway we at peace with u Mancs this season...enemy Chelski.. :p

well considering the fact that arsenal have virtually NO TEAM, with the injuries and all, i wud say they did pretty well.

yeah..im pretty much a madrid fan...but considering how much stars that they get...their defence r still that damn bad...gotta admit that arsenal play a gd match...lets wait till the 2nd leg...may the best team win

i agree that they lost the touch since makelele was off to chelsea.
Watch out for the barcelona vs chelsea match....

Againt all odds. againts all bookies. haha. Gunners delivered. Amazing stuff. Real played badly though. But ya just had to give credit to the whole team. They defended really well. Furthermore a make shift defence! and the oldest player among the back 4 is toure and he is only 24. Againts galaticos like zidane.ronaldo.raul.guti.robinho.

Job well done gunners.!!!!

having been a DIE HARD ARSENAL SUPPOTRER since 1979... I can say this is one of the sweeter moments...esp with the team in such bad shape with injuries etc...

Hope we do even better in the return leg.... :lol:

Wow...1979...you must be one heck of an old man...considering that I was even born until 9 years later...

Real just couldn't get the ball in to the box...and even if it did, the ARSEnal players just whacked the ball away. Even after Raul came on, he didn't make any impact...I just felt that Real should have taken off Ronaldo instead of Robinho...Ronaldo was just walking around.

wooooo.. i felt that arsenal shld have won at least by 3 goals.. they blew quite a handful of good chances.. BUT!! great match.. great goal.. great spirit from the gunners.. love them till death..

real made a mistake by selling makelele but arsenal made an even bigger mistake by selling vieira. :cry:

You Guys still think they can still perform as well with inexperience players for the next leg or would they get trashed?(hopefully not cause I'm a die hard supporter as well).I'll rather have Chelsea loose around 3-0 to barcelona .That would be good so they could not pull off the underdog stunt they did last year with Barcelona .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back