Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explanation. :)

Kudos for rising to the occasion and addressing this issue instead of just brushing it aside. Let's hope things get better now, on both sides of the issue of course.

we all want the best. and we expect the best. but in real life, do we ourselves give our very best?

for those who demand better customer service, i wonder what industry you are in? i would definitely congratulate your commitment in offering 100% satisfaction to your client.

if you are still a schooling youth, i am sure you excel in your studies and a model student with lots of social volunteerism and earn the respect of your peers.

or as a person, you love your family and your community. help the young and elders.

i did not witness any unhappy incidents at Davis thus cannot comment. but seeing Janet and her colleague’s post in this thread, i am sure they want to improve and service the local consumer better. after all, we all just want to be happy. :wink:

To the Davis folks.... dun worry abt the criticisms here - as we all know, there are 1001 wankers in all kinds of forums...as they are ppl who have no $$$ or inclination to purchase an expensive guitar or amp - just shiok to try and make life difficult for sales staff. Zool - heard yr story of having to carry amp to illegally parked cars (bladdy kuching kurap can afford car cant afford peninsula parking charges?) - Your store should set a policy - self collection of items - delivery addition charges....order ppl around like a dog somemo...I know a few ppl like dat...my workplace full of them & I never hesitate to tell em off!

You'll see me back there tyme tyme again Davis ppl, cheers...

bluepowder said:
Damn,asking someone to carry an amp to the car is just not right...'

:?

Politely requesting one to carry to the car is ok?

"Would you be kind enough to carry the amp to my car?" It is entirely up to the staff. And the buyer should be UNDERSTANDING enuff to guage if the shop is busy or the moment!

Yes, I do know of many shops (not guitar shop tho) that help customers to carry heavy items to their car. This is where customer service comes in and it not about the value of the item, higher profit better service or vice versa? But then I agree that ORDERing is a no no.

Let put it this way, he might brought a mere 70 dollars worth of product today but because of the good attitude and service rendered, he might come back for the next 5k purchase some other day. Even if he don't come back for the next purchase, what did you stand to lose? some energy?

I have been a long time Davis guitar customer and during my teenage days, I did get my fair share of the below par service and attitude those day. But I do have to give credit for a much much improved attitude and service from the present Davis. The price has been very fair as well.

Janet,
It's those sincere and mature reply like yours that give people the confidence of going back to your shop, hope you can keep up with the great attitude. Ultimately it will be your gain. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

riff said:
Let put it this way, he might brought a mere 70 dollars worth of product today but because of the good attitude and service rendered, he might come back for the next 5k purchase some other day. Even if he don't come back for the next purchase, what did you stand to lose? some energy?

The amp wasn't the issue, but the sales assistant did it anyway, for reasons like you say, better customer service. You can check zool's reply on the previous page to verify.

In a highly competitive soceity like SG where one retailer has to compete with the lot, I'm not surprised that some shops, guitar sellers or otherwise, help to carry stuff .... Less the customer pulls a "I'll bring my business elsewhere routine"

It's sad though that customers - especially if they are fit & able bodied and could easily do carry the items themselves - expect the sales staff to carry their purchase to their "illegally parked" cars.... ordering the staff about like a dog while their at it ... Customer is always right? Bullocks to that statement.... We as customers need to know a thing or two about courtesy in the first place.

Being "somewhat" in the sales / service line - I have seen all kinds of unresonable customers who have their own agendas - I feel nothing but disgust and distain for these low class individuals....

On the other side of the coin - I have also been a victim of bad and rude service especially from cabbies and some civil servants .... it does tend to make your blood boil and I find that the best posible redress would be to contact the management of the companies to educate the "wrong doers".

My 2 cents.... :lol:

Rottenramone - my point is we as customers must know when not to abuse "good service" while at the same time redress to the appropreate management concerned when we get really bad service....

Re: ..

rottenramone said:
ok

so in your opinion, moving the amp to this "illegally parked car" is an abuse of good service?

If the dude was able bodied enough to carry it himself and did it just so he could be like a KING CUSTOMER and order someone around - YES... here's hoping authorities crack down on illegal parkers in Peninsula area ..while we're at it!

Remember.... the door swings both ways whether we are giving or receiving good service....

thor666 said:
The amp wasn't the issue, but the sales assistant did it anyway, for reasons like you say, better customer service. You can check zool's reply on the previous page to verify.

I'm not pin pointing the fault of anyone here. My point is that good service bring the sales person (anybody) a further way, it's more of his gain than lost. He did the right thing imho and there wasn't any issue at all. Anyway, we only hear 1 side of the story, whether the person is order like dog or not unless we are there we can't tell. Everyone tolerance level is different. You do what u think is necessary.

I personally is in the sales sector and there are many difficult customers I have to deal with at many a times yet I still provide my service to them nothing to get angry about. The most I just turn down the unreasonable request.

What Davis staff has done here is + point for them and show that they do listen. As a customer point of view I really welcome this change

fgl

if the customer is that character profile you have described, so be it.

you see it as a act of abuse, but i personally see it as a extension of good service. this is not inclusive of the company policy's of service, if they have any institutional guidelines.

but i do respect your opinions.

what i do not respect, is that you have been less than polite and civilised in the topic. and many other topics as well. if you are overtly passionate over your opinions, you could calibrate your comments lest you irritate the rest of the forum members.

there are other ways to contribute to the community.

riff: agree. same idea as i have. good service even to customers who don't buy, goes a long way.

I can also emphatise if a service personnel's personal principles comflict with the customer sometimes. Perhaps that was what zool felt.

In any case, I think given the circumstances, Davis and the crew gave good service. Sometimes some guitar shops do lack the expertise in their field and end up offending customers without knowing it, but as long as they give minimum service, I'm very much ok with it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back