Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
janet is the beautiful lady over there.

are davis service that bad? I once bought a set of pickups over there, it doesnt seem that bad, the uncle over there even smile at me :oops:

bass74 said:
Haha yah..that guy always looks depressed whenever I see him there. Even in the pic he took with Yngwie( not sure if the photo is still at the back of the store )

awesome, no wonder he had a photo with yngwie :lol:

sorry i cant control myself

Were you wearing hotpants? Ok nvm me... But seriously, uncle is very nice once he remembers people la. I just say 'hello uncle' and he'd return the greeting. I think i'm about Janet's age heh. Hi Janet! we met at Esplanade, I played bass for Trent (Joel) :D

So how old is she? hehe

but seriously, i find that in davis, the one who can really discuss so well about their products is ms. Janet. She probably knows more stuff about guitars than the average guitar player. So probably the best time to ask, test, and buy stuff from davis would be when she's the one tending over the counter.

standard service mantra should be :"Hello how are you? Please feel free to browse around. Let me know if you need any help."
Big Smile.

Lucky you never blackmail me by asking 'my age' 8), which in effect is asking me to reveal her age, which i don't really know, and I obviously won't :D

Speaking of The Service Mantra... I personally don't think there is one in SG. Look, we have so many service industries in our small country. Let's not forget Davis is essentially a family business la. I see other threads with softies posting the desire for 'personalized' service, and now this Mantra thing... How is a sales person gonna offer personalized service and be fake (hello :) welcome, feel free to browse my bunghole, I mean shop).

I think some of us need to learn how to read people better la. Personally, when i see an 'impatient' or any sales person seemingly having a bad day, I tend to make things quick and snappy. In any case of miscommunication, just say things direct (and politely), instead of holding back and letting tempers escalate before payment!

If I were to try an instrument in a busy shop, I try not to make it more than 5 minutes. And thats if I'm desperate to try it before i go to work etc. If not, I just hang around and disturb Janet la. HI Janet :twisted:

I suggest any good customer ask for what they want in service, the moment they sense 'attitude'. I'm sure any good sales person would acceed to reasonable requests!!!

I'm all for good service & all etc...BUT it gets hard sometimes when you get
non-serious buyers who only wanna try out the guitarsor other stuff with no intention of actually buying - try & try & try for hours then dont buy or worst yet buy from another shop... I've seen some young kids with $$$ (many without $$$) behaving this way in some guitar shops....

I remember a few years back when Combo Beez & co brought in the super hih end Lowdens accoustic - every mother father son who cud play a C chord tried them out such that after a while - the condition of the guitars on display were really affected...

It's a business after all...whose's gonna pay for damaged stock ...

Modified Service Mantra:

"Hello you are most welcome to browse around. Please let us know if you need help. However, if you mess up our geeeetars, we'll mess up your face."

There, that should cover all the bases.

:lol:

3notesAbar said:
I suggest any good customer ask for what they want in service, the moment they sense 'attitude'. I'm sure any good sales person would acceed to reasonable requests!!!

Fully agreed wt 3notes a bar

fgl said:
I'm all for good service & all etc...

I'll have to agree to that.It's after all a business...however sometimes there are those who genuinely want to buy but get treated badly because of the rotten apples.

look at it this way.A shop assistant who is scanning thru the customers is going to have about 10 seconds to look at your outward presentation/appearance/whatever to make a judgement and deem you as a worthy/unworthy customer.(that is a fact)Make the best out of ithe 10 secs....Unless of course you are a REPEAT customer then I don't think you will have any problem.

My 20 cents is that if you had ever purchased anything before in the shop, they should give you the benefit of a doubt.

Also,

PLEase be Courteous and polite too.Its a 2 way process.Whenever i enter a shop . i would normally politely tell them if I'm browsing through that I'm only browsing.If I'm about to buy stuff then I'll buy without acting like a King...And treat their products well....

If all else fails.

go somewhere else.

Go ask Brandon teach.... I no good one. (off topic... don't you think?)

Hiyah... whatever it is... as a customer you also have to be nice lah. We are just human beings. When ppl are nice to you... you gave in kindness... and vice versa.

When people treat you like shit.... just smile back. A smile always gaveaway something you know. But then again, if that person is way overboard... just beat the crap out of that guy lah.

When the situation gets hostile, get it over and done with..... Pronto!!. And come back another day..... cos tomorrow is a brand new day.

fgl said:
I remember a few years back when Combo Beez & co brought in the super hih end Lowdens accoustic - every mother father son who cud play a C chord tried them out such that after a while - the condition of the guitars on display were really affected...

It's a business after all...whose's gonna pay for damaged stock ...

then take citymusic's case for eg...their most highly-priced goods are the Line 6 and Martin and Ovation guitars(and basses).they put this card tt says 'pls ask for assistance' on the Line 6 rack n if they see any1 nearing those babes,1 of them will approach n kindly ask 'need any help'...they'll let u try if u ask but juz tt they'll watch over u...

i like the service of citymusic.n i think the shops at parklane have better service than those at city hall(swee lee n davis)..juz tt their stock is wae more limited...

Dear Gr3y,
I understand and appreciate that you were upset. There is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees and I am sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident has caused you.

Just something that I would want to share with all of you:
Many of you have had bad experiences at Davis and I am sorry for that. Know that we are not wired to cause harm and grieve. When people are less circumspect with their words and remarks were being made, how would you feel the pain to the one in reading? Some may not be able to view the situation objectively when negative things are written about us. Is that fair? There are defamers out there who have or had harm me and my family, but we still work hard to provide all musicians good products at the right prices for all concern.

Having said this, I am willing to run all the risks inherent in this post because there is a need for me to speak now.

This is all.

Gr3y, I wish you well and hope that I would be of service to you again.

All my best,
Janet

There we have it... from the horse's mouth... How about sharing some good Davis experiences to "balance" the negative vibes in this thread? :)

I rem the staff always patiently waiting for me to make my decisions concerning the latest tweaks to my guitar. I would stand there mulling and they would throw suggestions my way, helpful ones at that, and always polite + accomdating to my queries/worries/ramblings. And for those of you who know me, I went parts shopping VERY often.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back