Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jan sweetie! Chin up, ya? There are many here who find you the sweetest person around. :smt061

Managing a shop can be nightmarish at times. Try as we may, it is not possible to clone ourselves to serve every customer who comes in, so things can and do go out of hand. :smt095

Let’s all try to make life better for everyone ya? Both for the customers and for ourselves! Tomorrow is a new day! Yeah! :smt035

most of the time i go in to buy small stuffs like strings etc, they are pretty friendly.. but when trying out the guitars, have to depends, sometimes gd sometimes bad..

Kwerty said:
No worries, I didn't mean it the harsh way either.

But still, you have to stand at the dealer's point of view.

Can you imagine 10 people come in the shop and try on the same expensive guitar, say PRS CE 24(I'm pretty bad at models, don't laugh if it is wrong). And obviously you will feel pissed cause it is still "your" property. Not like anyone has paid for it and if there are any damages, YOU as the dealer must bear the cost.

As much as we wanna bitch, we must understand. Of course, the throwing of cards at their faces works ONLY IF you wanna buy. And for goodness sake don't throw a debit card or POSB card. It will just make you look worse. Hahahahaha.

WOOT I quoted myself.

It works both ways lah. Enuff lah! Go practise your instruments and be better!

Remember to free the birds to get good luck!

visited davis today and i got good service. when a friend tried both basses, they even tuned it for him. and, he took the trouble to take out different soft cases for me to see whether i like or not. thumbs up davis! :D

I've been a customer of Davis for quite some time, and I've had the 'attitude' face given to me for a while, but I always return it with a smile, though at times, I'll scowl inside my heart.

However, over time as well, I understand why the thing that happens do take place. Several customers just walk in and out of the shops, asking questions that are redundant, try to try 'a', 'b', 'c'...and end up not buying anything.

Asking for prices is fine, some advice would be okay if the person serving you is comfortable, but that is not something which they HAVE to attend to you.

Several times over the years, I'll always buy strings and parts from Davis, and I understand their reasoning of not letting people try out the very expensive guitars around.

Not all shops have got 'specialized' places like Swee Lee's 'exquisite' collection room, or Combo Shop's wood room or space as big as City Music. Some shops are small, and are cramped as they try to bring in more stuff for the consumers locally, and this is the case for Davis Guitar.

Would you buy a guitar with a chipped headstock? Let alone a costly PRS.

Why won't they let you try, you say.

And of course, if you have got the cash, and would like to try it before buying, and there is difficulty in you wanting to try out the good and pricey stuff, do understand that there are a lot of customers who walk in and try and try to just leave without even saying a simple 'thank you'.

well...just my two cents' worth.

Hey Janet,

the new website rocks... :lol:

persinally I have had bad experiences with Davis, but it has always been people (I'm guessing) are not directly involved in the business.My dealings with you and your family have been very pleasant :) .Apart from that, your product knowledge is also fantastic
Maybe a short training session fr hired employees would not be bad. :wink: Just a thought.

hmm..never had any such experience except for the store facing G77 (lets not mention names) bt tht 1 oso can tahan. Both Swee Lee aljunied & bras basah have behaved well towards me :lol: Davis..hmm to think abt Davis one definitely gets the name Janet first. And to think abt Ms Janet, is to think abt service with a smile :smt003

hi guys..i'm zool. the indian muslim guy at davis.

hehe..we had a meeting just now due to this thread.

aiyah..you all so sulky meh?

ppl come in all shapes and sizes mah. Sometimes good mood sometimes bad mood mah.

I wanna apologize for whatever happened. Me and my other male colleagues, we're not just plain salesman...we have other duties in the store.

We have a heart , a body and a mind that can go tired from time to time.
If something bad happenned at the store, its just one of those instances.
I personally try to understand what a customer wants, but think...

Sometimes when i serve a customer, i will have to entertain like 3 ,4, customers at one time so my attention will get diverted..and somehow like short circuit like that lah.

Neway that place oso space contrained. It will help if you guys come on days like weekdays or earlier when we open because at that time not so pack lah.

I hope i've been a good human being there for guitarists in Singapore.
Personally i am a guitar player and i understand your woes.
But coming from my side of things, we try our best, very best.

I get like rich ppl coming in..paying a repair for an amp like 70 bucks and then order me to send this 'not so heavy' amp to his car that was parked illegally..wth...somemore order me like dog like that.

But i still send you know. because got other customers and i dun want to create a commotion.

Sometimes previous customers can make us so pissed. but we try to keep it calm...so if you're the next one..sorry lah. lol.

Neway...chill off..different customers require different treatments.
We try our best to be tactful...

Sorry if we flaw sometime, aite..we're humans after all.

Peace.

i think all customers should be treated equally initially... rich but bad attitude, poor but friendly, rich but friendly, poor but showing attitude...

unless a customer is totally unresonable, there's no excuses to not give the best service one can offer when doing business. :wink:

Wow, Janet stopped over to make peace. I would say, that's admirable.

i really am curious as to how she feels reading all these posts, half of which are straight out confessions of undying admiration and adoration for her...heh.

but i did see her some day with that guy from citymusic. i do believe she's spoken for folks...? :)

anyways, hats off to you Janet, stay blessed.

i think if people stopped trying and trying stuff without buying and even unintentionally damaging the product and act like kings just because they've spent some money at a store, people would get much better service. sales staff are human too, you're entitled to your mood swings and tempers, so are they :roll: :roll: i've never really bought anything from davis except strings and picks but so far have recieved excellent and polite service each time i go there be it from the old uncle(supposedly screwed up attitude) or other staff so cheers to them for a job well done!

and if you're not really keen on buying something or never intended to buy something, especially expensive products then refrain and don't try la, imagine if a group of people went to your place and fumbled with all your tens of thousands of dollars of equipment without much care how would you feel?

i go to davis for picks(when i still play guitar)..they r the only shop i kno who sells stubby-ies...

ok,those of us who r guilty as a part of the population who 'go in try2 with no intention to purchase'..shud we confess here as well?to be fair to the shop...

hmz read a few ppl tt kept repeating the logic of rich kids going in a shop and acted like a king.If you are refering to me(guess i'm sensitive here), read my 1st post pls.

I don't see what's wrong of trying something even if there is no intention to buying. It's called browsing. I'm sure everyone at some point picks up and touches the item to take a closer look before deciding. At least for instruments, you should be more careful (like other items anyway). If you go to a shop and have the intention to buy a pedal but after trying feel its not for you, and then you don't buy, isn't that perfectly normal?

Like someone has mentioned here, for certain popular items, have at least one demo unit. For expensive stuff, no demos is also normal but you could inform the customer he has to be responsible for any damages if he tries it and watch when he plays etc.

Hi Davisguitar,

I thought I'd apologize since you've clarified your stand. I certainly didn't mean that you guys were practising that form of negative CRM, just happens that the examples given by forummers indicated otherwise.

I fully understand if Davis guitars would be upset if an expensive PRS was damaged during testing out.

Thanks for taking time to come and clarify, and I hope this gives forummers a proper explanation.

Cheers,
Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back