Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr3y

yes i'm pissed!
here's e story..

i was guitar shopping wif my gf at penin.. thru e internet i've research alittle on both mxr zw od and marshall guv'nor 2.. thru online you never get the real tone. they can only be for reference. So here i go to try both the pedal.

i entered the shop and it was wif very little customers.The shop is filled with the davis families.. i approached a young sales girl(the one wif a nice diamond guitar pendant) and ask to try both the pedal.

Her service is great! passed me a nice strat wif emg pups and some crazy skull head knobs.She even plugged in the cable accordingly and turned on the amp to a gd level.So there i go testing it...

I tested the guv'nor 2 first and i was quite happy wif wad i heard.still i wasnt contented.I mean since i;m here to try out both pedal so i told her to swap to the zw od.She jack in the cables n realised there isnt power inside.She took the trouble to remove the casing and fix the problem b4 letting me carry on.

Then after that the problem came.I'm not too sure why she stop serving me and they change to this guy wearing a beige fisherman hat.He imediately took the GV2 and told his colleague to keep it back into the plastic back n to the display rack.That pissed me already.I was in the mid of comparing..

So anyway i decided that i shld juz go wif the GV2 and told him yeah i want that pedal.He took it and wanna put it into a plastic bag and pass it to me.But juz when he was doing that i told him i want a new 1..(coz the knobs are really not that shiny and i've seen the shiny ones before..) I'm not being a total fussy idiot but its customer's rite 2 get a new one rite? rather than one that have been tested by many.. probably the jack is already getting loose? (well the new one i have now do have a real tight jack!) He didnt even look at me and claim its a new one..

Gr3y:Oh wait, can i have a new one?
Fisherman:This is a new one.
Gr3y:no its not.
Fisherman:yes it is.
Gr3y:Its been tried before
Fisherman:yes by you.
Gr3y:and many others!

So fisherman turned very unhappy wif wad i've told him and told his colleague(a young boy in black tee) to grab a new one from bottom of the rack(the one we see their pedal displays).

Fisherman:Take the GV2 from the bottom (to his colleague)
-fisherman at this time wanna keep the pedal straight away into the plastic bag and pass to me as if there is something 2 hide.

Gr3y:Hey wait i need to check.
Fisherman:You need to try it? (with a very amazed look on his face)
-fisherman at this moment threw the pedal(inside the box) to me!It's definately not pass it to me.It doesnt seem accidental as well!
Gr3y:(didnt reply, too pissed.)
Gr3y:Are you very unhappy that i'm buying your pedal?
Fisherman:Whats wrong with you!
Gr3y:Why are you so rude?
Fisherman:I'm not rude
Gr3y:yes you are.
Fisherman:you are doing rude to me.
Gr3y:i'm rude to you? so when you throw the pedal to me you are not being rude?
Fisherman:When did i throw the pedal!
Gr3y:you did it this way to me! (i redo what he did)
Fisherman:I didnt.
Gr3y:you did!
Fisherman:That was accidental.
Gr3y:no.
Fisherman:That was accidental!

At this moment i was really really hot! i almost did wanna throw the pedal on to the wall of strings n guitar accesorries in davis! and wanna ask him is this accidental. But i didnt of coz.. knowing i'll lose in the end.

Gr3y:is this the way you do business?
-fisherman gave a cocky shoulder shake.

I told my gf i dun think i wanna buy already but then jan came.

Jan:hi sorry may i know whats the problem.
Gr3y:no, its juz about your bad attitude employee.

She den tried to talk to me but i was too over the head to listen to anything..my gf cool me down n den i ended up testing the pedal again.the new 1.They realised that the battery wasnt connected and thus have to fix on the battery.

Gr3y:See the new pedals dont even have the battery fixed on(to the fisherman)

Jan and another guy swiftly attached the cables n pass me a guitar for testing..this time i cant be bothered to play any notes.. i juz strum the open string n test the knobs to be in good working condition(thought the knobs seems abit slanted but i didnt really mind). When i'm done with the testing, they swiftly keep everything for me again.Real good service i must say.

So i bought the pedal.
Its a good pedal but it comes with a whole lot of unhappiness b4 u can own 1! so beware! Anyone else got such expirience? or seen tt fisherman in such action?

Totally pissed....

Message to Davis Guitar:
I'm not sure if i'm really a fussy customer and i'm sure the amount of noise i've made must have irritated you guys somehow but hey i didnt adjust the vol at all.Ok the point is.. is that a salesman should treat his customers? I guess he isnt earning commission rite? He is totally bochap! Next, do you guys judge ppl's affordability? i choose a cheaper pedal definately not because of the price but the tone it produce.. dont believe me? go test them out!well at least i dun have a high gain marshall amp to switch to a dirty channel to use tt zw od. I'm totally pissed with that guy! Hope something will be follow up.Not too sure what you guys can do too.. basically a big no go for him 2 be part of your stuff.No way.Unless you guys decides to let me him stay and slowly tarnish the name of davis guitar. By then even a great new webbie might not really help when customer reach e shop and receives such unpleasant welcome..Do pm me or reply here if you can. Thanks!

Hmm.

dude.. I learnt my lesson the hard way (like you did).. and now I'm just boycotting davis. I mean, when they charged me 8 bucks for a frickin fender tele pickup selector knob... man just because it's a "fender" don't mean it's to be so damn ex right?

And before that I also received that 'scanning' effect from the people over there.. like see me no up liddat. wtf.

normally I just walk outside.. no matter what lies inside, I know it's not going to be worth my time, particularly service-wise.

Just my two cents, mate.

Hmm.

I'm just wondering if their store have cctv :roll:

then can like james gomez that time "but i gave u my form!"

:twisted:

never see fisherman there before leh...mebbe new staff ah? but recently i been getting very good service from folks there la. can't complain...sorry to hear ur woes...must have been quite blech..

WOO HAPPENING!

Don't worry la you meet all sorts of people everywhere! If next time see you no up.................

TAKE OUT UR AMERICAN EXPRESS AND BUY ALL THE BIRDS! FREE THEM!

you want good service, 2 ways, make realy quick purchases, like for me strings is in and out in 2 minutes, if not, wear something formal lyk a long sleeve shirt, and look really presentable, worx well too

jeremyrozario said:
you want good service, 2 ways, make realy quick purchases, like for me strings is in and out in 2 minutes, if not, wear something formal lyk a long sleeve shirt, and look really presentable, worx well too

haha... long sleeves.. chinese got a proverb "shi wen bai lei".. i dun wish 2 be like tt..

anyway that fisherman is a chinese guy and he isnt old n not wearing specs and this is e 1st time i saw him! the rest of the davis folks are really good i must admit.. except tt guy.. i wish i do have a card that can FREE HIS BIRD! :twisted:

Hmm.

why do old guys just seem like such dolts? Davis... Guitar workshop.... just sit at home and relak lah.... why come around and bully the next generation of rockers and all those in between...?

but that said... maybe just respect elders lah ah? dun make them hypertention :roll: just keep ur head down.. go in quick, come out quick.. just like jeremyrozario said.

if u 1 2 go in quick n come out quick.. how u try your equipments to be?
that makes no sense to me.. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back