Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can whack a G C D on a Gibson Les Paul, or play 240notes per second. So?

Got money, got honey.

At the end of the day, you are the customer, you are the one with the cash, it is because of you that their very existance is attributed to.

Play whatever the hell you want to play. It's a simple business exchange, they have something you want, you have the money to pay for it.

But of course be a serious customer not one of those kids who go to sweelee and treat the damn place like church camp acoustic singalong.

If you're a serious customer, then I strongly feel that any store should give you the basic courtesy and service.

Hmm.

In all honesty, how many of us out here can afford gear as much as we would want to? I'm on a tight budget, and talk is cheap.. yes I agree. but IMO I always try and avoid being... money-faced.

my take on u (kwerty) liking that ad.. wasn't in a negative light lah.. sorry if I seemed to be chiding u for it.

XJAPAN said:
Hm I always have a question..

I am a super duper noob and can't play some melody and want to feel the guitar in davis, how can I do it?

my friend was also a total noob when he bought his samick solid top from them...dunno hwo he did it..wasnt with him then but he said he 'tried a few' before deciding on the samick.must hav gotten lucky by having a gd guy serve him maybe?
u can ask the staff there lah..not all of them r bad...

No worries, I didn't mean it the harsh way either.

But still, you have to stand at the dealer's point of view.

Can you imagine 10 people come in the shop and try on the same expensive guitar, say PRS CE 24(I'm pretty bad at models, don't laugh if it is wrong). And obviously you will feel pissed cause it is still "your" property. Not like anyone has paid for it and if there are any damages, YOU as the dealer must bear the cost.

As much as we wanna bitch, we must understand. Of course, the throwing of cards at their faces works ONLY IF you wanna buy. And for goodness sake don't throw a debit card or POSB card. It will just make you look worse. Hahahahaha.

Sadly ain't got friends that play guitar :(

But like no point showing them the card and not buying anything..

Best is still for them to treat everyone the same.

Hmm.

hahaa... agreed... from dealer standpoint of course must treat the instruments with care. In fact, I always respect the dealers.. and treat each instrument as if it costs $10000.. attitude counts... take note, guys... let's be gentle with their gear as well.

Yeap. So let's all be nice and act nice and I'm sure they will be better. If don't.

FREE THE BIRDS DAMNIT

Kwerty said:
FREE THE BIRDS DAMNIT

We ain't Richard Gere.. no platinum card can throw pokemon cards?

Maybe tell all dealers here,

We the consumer of the society,

we pledge ourselve to take care of all your products with care when we test them, feel them to satisfy our doubt before buying.

If anything gone bad for the products, we will bear the consequences and pay full return for the damage we have caused.

PS: Fingerprints don't count to damage..

another thing i dont get is why yall always have to get a new piece...if you played the display set, you liked the sound, why do you need a new 1, and with the varying qc nowadays, no 2 pieces are the same

agree witht he QC thingy..but display models sometimes hav loose jacks,rusty strings,etc..imagine if u buy display set bass tt has rusty strings n then hav to pay another $45 to buy a new set of strings...

oh yeah,1 more thing,davis really gives real gd prices right?

but still,i dont understand 1 thing:davis sells their ESP LTD B50 for $320.
luther's price is $375(negotiable a bit)..i'm sure luther is also 1 of those stores who make v. lil profit from their sale of goods...
been wondering how's this possible...

"my brother is goin on a journey, i would like to buy him a bird. in particular, i would like to buy him a modern eagle." keke.

" Mr Pretty Voman, do i look like i have a Wisa machine here??!!"

:D

coz they ship in lots of stuff at 1 go,therefore they got cheaper shipping price, summore they're dealer,they get cheaper price,from what i think,may not be true yea =)

Actually the ones on display are actually "set-up-already" pieces. If you want them to take out from the box they have to re-setup. You have to understand guitars are set up that way so if you try, and you're happy with the disp, just get it lah? If got rust ask them polish for you?

I always felt that buying guitar not like buying shirt. This piece on display yes, you can get new one, cause maybe other people play before. So what if guitar played before and not "brand-new"? Your feel alright can liao? It is always the "orgasm" some say.

i think got more work to keep packing the display n put anothyer one up again. For convenience, why dont just leave a display n just sell the new one s in the box, easier mah, n better.

Plus, u pay $ for a guitar, u wanna make sure its a new one rite? Even just so it satisfy ur desire. Imagine they tell u when u buy car, that u must take the test driven car...

Hey Grey.. chill ya.. we all know abt Davis.. when I was looking for my very first guitar when I was a noob .. something really nasty happen (don't wish to say but it was nasty). I don't bother trying stuff out at Davis but yea how can u buy w/o trying then. bad luck then. most of the time now i go davis is chop chop buy strings see see den exit. but other than that some of them are ok. like once i called them up to ask about the various prices and availability of the pickups , one guy patiently helped me check and told me everything.

haha.. welcome to singapore service! i always believe we can do better. like for guitar shops, if i were the owner, i'll be like try everything but don't screw up anything and must make your customers at home... yup.. don't brood over it.. haha..

SoulJah said:
I've had 2 really bad experiences at Davis.

Second one.

My friend was looking to buy a Marshall amp for his home studio. We finally decided on one of the models at Davis, and he asked me along to test it out for him. There were several models that he was interested in as well. While we were playing them, the owner took the initiative to come over and help me unplug the guitar, switch off the amp, and coil up the guitar cord...while I was in the midst of playing.

Again me and my friend were both SFPO, and instead we went to Ranking sports to order a Carvin legacy half stack.

whoa.. crap.. i cannot help but quote this.. it hit the bull's eye on my nasty experience!!! congrats on ur carvin legacy halfstack though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back