Bad Attitude Found At Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, dont wanna add too much fire to the flames... But i also had not gd experience from the skinny smaller sized guy. Its like he has PMS all day, n always have a black face. When he serve u its like, he has that u wanna buy anot? Can afford anot??? N his tone of speech is like, i owe him something.

Since when customer cannot ask more qns??? Honestly, i know there r stupic customer ard too, but hey its a service industry. Im in it too, most impt is u want loyal customers n regular ones of course. Not some nice guy who comes once a year, n super polite rite? I mean from biz pt of view, if u not the nicest person, but give me regular biz, then thats part of the deal i have to accept mah. U think it a charity org meh? More, hey there really are new guitar players who know nuts about stuff, n its only rite they ask to be sure. I mean i been playing for 2 years b4 i really know how to get a gd tone out of amps, n how they operate...

when i buy things, i also usually go in n buy, then chop chop leave. But in terms of guitars n amps n efx, i think u really got to try them. No.1, its ur $$$, and some things r like quite expensive n ppl save up real hard for it, u dont wanna make a blind purchase. No.2, u want something that suits you, maybe the feel n build of the guitar or tone of amp, dont wanna buy then 1 week later sell on luthers rite? So i think still need to test lah, esp when every maker says they make THE best overdrive or tone so to speak.

I stopped gg Davis a long time ago, even tho they have some interesting stuff, n ernie ball strings r so CHEAP there. But the service is, haiz... The ladies serve better tho, never had a problem with them.

No offence davis, but to be very honest, when i go to peninsular to shop for guitars n stuff, i wont even consider ur shop. Hope u dont take that as an insult, but maybe something u can work and improve on.

Well, i been pretty direct, hope i didnt offend anyone... If i did, i apologies 1st k, but just wanna be honest, n if i happen to step on ur toes, i didnt mean to "attack" u at all:)

i doubt after this post he will wear his stupid hat.. unless janet dun tell him after reading my post n he dun have a soft account.

well whoever this fisherman guy is, he sounds like a friggin nut case

feel sorry for ya gr3y. shit happens sometimes, even in friendly music shops. :roll: and i really hope there arent any changes to davis since i went there to buy my first SX electric strat. the service was great back then.

to the owner of DAVIS GUITAR: lol i am sooooo very sorry thinking you were the fisherman guy. you have great service to customers and i wanna say thank you for helping me out that time when i was buying my guitar.

ya

ya i agree too.. the service at davis not veri good.. last time my friend went in use acoustic guitar.. den he trying to check tone good anot.. den one young man came n took the guitar awae n put it back to the shelf assuming he don wan use lo.. so unfriendly

Weiht said:
hmmm, dont wanna add too much fire to the flames... But i also had not gd experience from the skinny smaller sized guy. Its like he has PMS all day, n always have a black face....

Haha yah..that guy always looks depressed whenever I see him there. Even in the pic he took with Yngwie( not sure if the photo is still at the back of the store ), he looked very moody. Oh well, give him the benefit of the doubt; maybe he really is feeling down.

Hmm.

hahaha.. actually sometimes our own fault.. go in looking like blur kock, behaving like noobs.. it's true if we r blur then of course we r blur. But maybe some of the more experienced guys can share some tips on how to not act noob, (not that I'm suggesting all of you guys start acting big or whatever) and I have my two cents: never go in and try out the guitars with those over-played songs. omg.... when I see some guys doing it.. I just roll my eyes.

take it easy, folks.

jeremyrozario said:
you want good service, 2 ways, make realy quick purchases ...

but wat if u wanna try something by a brand tt u read on the net has variable QC (say, SX bass/guitar?)?cant juz possibly juz ask them to take any 1 hanging on the rack,as them to keep in the box,giv them $ n leave right?

yeah Gr3y,i know exactly how you feel...i once went there to get a bass...i saw this bass and immediately fell head over heels in love with it..i asked this guy there 'could i try that?' and he got it down and plugged it in....played a few riffs,tested the knobs and everything and that was enough for me...i told him that i'll take it...as i was passing the guit to him to pack it, i saw a stain,very ugly and black,on the neck..i told him, can u get me a new one? he was like 'this is a new one' and i was like 'there's a stain on the back.how can it be a new one?' that's when i realised that the strings felt very 'used' when i played it...so i asked him for a change..he was like' its a new one.take it or leave it' i was damn pissed...luckily for him, i was due somewhere and i like just bought the guit and cleaned it up myself...but till now, no matter what i do, that black stain is still there....its soooo ugly......my handsome baby doesn;t deserve that...URGH!!!! stupid guy....since then,whenever i go to davis, i always look for female staff...when you're a girl and you go to stores like these, ppl think that u dunno anything and stuff and treat u like and idiot...so damn sexist man...c'mon...girls an play the guitar as well and guys and even better than them man...

bin4christ said:
but wat if u wanna try something by a brand tt u read on the net has variable QC (say, SX bass/guitar?)?cant juz possibly juz ask them to take any 1 hanging on the rack,as them to keep in the box,giv them $ n leave right?

Ah, ease off him, haha. He's just saying that the best way is to avoid the salespeople with quick purchases.
Since they are so horrid, minimal contact equates to minimal frustration.

Hmm.

then here comes the golden question (maybe not-so-golden question): then what the pluck are those sales staff for anyway? might as well be security guards lah.

bin4christ said:

thats where method #2 comes in, dress like you have a full time job and talk like you know your shit, for strings and stuff, a few dollars, dun wanna waste too much time

YES! FREE HIS BIRD!

Moral of the story?

Always paste money on your face, if not people don't know you can afford the things they sell.

Hmm.

kwerty seems to love that visa advert alot... :)

my fav would prolly still be the monkey one.. with catherine zeta jones.... she's hottttttttt *phew*

Hm I always have a question..

I am a super duper noob and can't play some melody and want to feel the guitar in davis, how can I do it? Feel very pressurized in there..

But well no point keep flaming that guy.. When human factor is concerned, there sure gonna be problems.

Hmm.

maybe bring along a more experienced friend? lol if not just work harder on your chops... and freak them out by going in and trying out a guitar with some Johnny Cash song. I know I raise some eyebrows because my 'testing song' for acoustics is 'over the hills and far away' by led zeppelin.

I've had 2 really bad experiences at Davis.

First one.

Nong nong ago, while they were still pretty small, and they just became a prs delaer, they brought in a PRS hollowbody. I had been doing a lot of research on my own with regards to this guitar. I saved all I could in order to buy one. Money in pocket...I went down, and there it was in the display. I spoked to the owner, discussed pretty long about it. He seemed very unwilling to deal with me from his tone and his overall behaviour.

This is the part which made me Super F!@#ing Pissed Off (SFPO), I asked him whether I could try, he asked me whether I can afford it. Told me the guitar was very expensive...yadda yadda yadda, basically implied I could not afford it.

I rather buy it online and pay for shipping and whatever else than buy it from him.

Second one.

My friend was looking to buy a Marshall amp for his home studio. We finally decided on one of the models at Davis, and he asked me along to test it out for him. There were several models that he was interested in as well. While we were playing them, the owner took the initiative to come over and help me unplug the guitar, switch off the amp, and coil up the guitar cord...while I was in the midst of playing.

Again me and my friend were both SFPO, and instead we went to Ranking sports to order a Carvin legacy half stack.

OK let's put it this way Crawly daddy.

People won't look at your skills but money lah.

You can have all the skills, but you be penniless at the same time. Like as if people will be bothered about your skills. My point being you should show them some CONSUMER power. Sometimes people over rate themselves just because they are the only dealer in SG and they abuse that. Having the mentality "you don't buy too bad lor, cause we are the only place which has these items" is bad, then u whack something worse lor?

They give u F up attitude, you give them double. Throw american express on their table and say "I wanna try that guitar uncle?". Aiya this is how life works la, you cannot play this game then don't whine. You can talk all you want here but people won't change.

i juz go in n wack some john pet n vai... or u can do some scale too.. who says its not ok to do scales? rite?

To davis

I've been to Davis in the pass and I only go there once. why? coz of the fu?king bad attitude davis gave. i don't know why davis is still surviving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back