Amateur's Gear Guide to Metal!

This is a similar experience I had when I owned the X2N and a guitar with an X2N. It was a pretty wild experience but beneath all that power, you really gotta play it right - every mistake shows.

Have you tried it split and stuff? It can do cleans much better that way.

Yup, that's the pickup that forced me to buck up my technical ability.

Nope, never tried the split options, enjoying the raw power wayyy too much for that, though currently I don't play the guitar with the X2N much anymore, I'm too lazy to transfer it to my Jackson

Good job. Although I believe everyone should take recommendations with a pinch of salt as what sounds good to you doesn't necessarily sound good to others. Best is still to go and try out the various combinations before purchasing.

But still.. good guide!

Amp modelers are best for metal guitarist in Singapore IMO, they are more cheaper than the real things and gives you the chugga chugga sound even at low volume (perfect for HDB flats). Nevemind they don't really sound like the amps they are supposed to model and sounds digital, metal guitarist never really care about warmth anyway. Even pro players go for modelers for thier gear, digital distortion sound has vastly improved over the years.

omgwtfbbq i can never get used to modellers. I AM A METAlhead and you know what, I WANT WARMTH. Warmth and that natural saturated but tight clipping MUST NOT SOUND DIGITALS. Thats why i cants get used to modellers mang, doesnt help that im so used to the dynamics of my 5150. then again i cant carry my 5150 for jamming so i use my 5150 in a box.

lulz 5150 in a box, sekrat weapon pedals(its one part tubescreamer), okay liek it doesnt nail my real 5150 tone for tone but its liek 90% there so i guesss it works for meh.

oh yeh one more thing i will add mang, avoid pink stuff that is liek poison to metal mang coz i nearly choked on pink candy floss shoulda seen that coming, fogive me saatana for i have sinned lul o wait would that be virtue instead lolz i dunno

oh and dont abuse the \m/ symbol pls its a sacred symbol., you dont abuse it liek when taking photos with bunnies or kittehs or potato chips thats blaspshemmy

vittu saatana perkele

he, is a man, who understand the seriousness of being not serious! I rike!!!

Big big one here!

\m/

and if, he is serious, he is still

\m/

brewtal dah!!!

But people like me can't afford 5150 :( . Anyway I was talking about those rack processor kinda modelers not multi efx ones.

wasp: like a POD pro? meshuggah uses modelling from vettas and the axe-fx for their sound, so if it's metal enough for them it's metal enough for everyone :) i mean, they use a 30" scale neck for god's sake.

wasp: like a POD pro? meshuggah uses modelling from vettas and the axe-fx for their sound, so if it's metal enough for them it's metal enough for everyone :) i mean, they use a 30" scale neck for god's sake.

I heard that axe-fx is ... pretty good*

*Note: an understatement of sorts apparently....

omgwtfbbq i can never get used to modellers. I AM A METAlhead and you know what, I WANT WARMTH. Warmth and that natural saturated but tight clipping MUST NOT SOUND DIGITALS. Thats why i cants get used to modellers mang, doesnt help that im so used to the dynamics of my 5150. then again i cant carry my 5150 for jamming so i use my 5150 in a box.

lulz 5150 in a box, sekrat weapon pedals(its one part tubescreamer), okay liek it doesnt nail my real 5150 tone for tone but its liek 90% there so i guesss it works for meh.

oh yeh one more thing i will add mang, avoid pink stuff that is liek poison to metal mang coz i nearly choked on pink candy floss shoulda seen that coming, fogive me saatana for i have sinned lul o wait would that be virtue instead lolz i dunno

oh and dont abuse the \m/ symbol pls its a sacred symbol., you dont abuse it liek when taking photos with bunnies or kittehs or potato chips thats blaspshemmy

vittu saatana perkele

+99999999999999999 :lol:

Yep, but I'm using the Behringer V-amp bass pro. You see it right, BASS. But it also has modelers for electrics, acoustics and keyboards as well. Haven't try the keyboards though. By itself won't really impress much but putting it with a sonic enhancer/maximizer, it'll Scream Bloody Gore! ( No kidding man, My current setting made it almost sound like Death's debut album). I'm easily influenced by reviews from Harmony Central. If you can try read it and see people's comparison with the pod pro. I'd buy the pod but Behringer is cheaper. These rack modelers are excellent for direct PC recording too, so there's another plus point.

Latest posts

Back