ALL things regarding GUITAR, PICKUP, STRINGS

need help on buying humbuckers..i play more to rock and punk and budget is ard $80.help is greatly appreciated.Buying for the neck first.

u might want to start a thread at the gear - guitar section.

my advice, save up a little bit more. and u'll have the cash to look at wider options like seymour duncuns or dimarzios. its worth the wait.

1) You could use coated strings. Unfortunately, usually only string 3 (G), 4(D), 5(A), 6(Low E) are coated. String 1(b) and 2(High e) are usually not. I am not very sure if the newer versions have a different coating but you could probably do a quick search online. Common brands would be Elixirs and Daddarios. Alternatively, you can use string cleaners or aftermarket coating such as String Life.

I don't know about elixir ones, but my aurora set has all 6 strings coated.

@girlpants: Aurora strings are coated and COLORED, so if you feel like decorating your guitar, you should try it. They look awesome on mine and I love it. $16 a set at Davis

hey i have a question, are my pickups (dual humbuckers) on my guitar supposed to be able to be tilted about? i found it weird that i could poke them and tilt them to a side.. is this supposed to happen? or do i have faulty humbuckers!? please advise. ive got an LTD guitar btw.. thanks

Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Do you need a special type of guitar?
The simple answer is No! For a beginner, any (nylon stringed) classical guitar will do the job.

A solid wood top produces a better tone than a factory laminated wood guitar.

A tapping plate needs to be attached on the top of the guitar. Genuine flamenco instruments already have these but any decent guitar repair shop or Luthier can stick one on for you. Right hand tapping techniques can certainly damage the guitar if this protection is not there.

Flamenco guitars are generally lighter in construction. I personally don't like heavy guitars. For me a guitar must feel comfortable and "user friendly". Heavy wood guitars like some classical guitars don't do it for me.

It was my opinion about guitars.

Jeanguitar

do u have any idea how can i get a fernandes mocking bird guitar..n how much is it??i've checked at yamaha,but i hate the painting..

is there such things as aluminium guitar strings???

yeah i was working and this suddenly came into my mind...
we all know that aluminium cant rust right??
so there such thing as aluminium guitar stings??

cause i still have this guitar(my first guitar) <---tgm acoustic
and its b string never rust for 2 YEARS!!!!(and its still feels slippery)
well for 1 reason it was a stock guitar string hehe...the rest all snapped XD

if u guys know where to get aluminium strings/non-rust strings please tell me about it....

I am afraid that's there's no such thing as aluminium strings.

You might want to check out the Titaniums fron Ernie Ball and I've heard really good things about the Rohrbacher Titanium strings too.

Assuming yours is an acoustic, the majority of strings are made out of various combinations of copper, phosphor bronze and tin.

Why so? Because I assume that during the formative years of the modern acoustic guitar, they tried all sorts of materials and decided that the mentioned materials sounded the best.

Aluminium strings, well, to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd like its tone.
Secondly, aluminium is expensive. I'm don't think I want to pay like $30 for a pack of uncoated aluminium strings.

What you're probably looking for are coated strings.
The string-market is mainly divided into coated and non-coated strings. Coated strings cost a bit more but can last you a whole lot longer due to their special coating (method of coating differs from brand to brand).

Un-coated strings are just your normal strings.

For coated strings, check out the usual suspects of Elixirs, Cleartones, Wyres, D'addarios EXP etc, the list goes on.

Last edited:
Selling my Fender amp

Selling my Fender amp. Its a Deluxe 112 plus, 90 Watts, Vintage & made in US. Very deep clean, gain and reverb channel. Good for home use but magnificent for live performances. Great condition. Call/SMS: 9850 3302.

PS: Could work out a bundle deal with my Digitech RP-12 or can get either seperately.

Last edited:
blues and hard rock guitar

hey guys i play more to blues like B B king style and hard rock, planning to get a les paul since im more used to my sx les paul copy so i wanna buy an epiphone lp std and upgrade it to SD pups in one shot my prefered ones are the alnico 2 pro but i know there are other great ones out there so u guys got any recommendations??

furthermore im also planning to make a project guitar like steve vai's jem cos davis got a jem copy shape, it comes with floyd rose licensed tremolos but how to get an actual ibanez edge pro bridge besides removing one from an ibanez guitar?? OR does floyd rose tremolos got same functions as edge pro tremolos do??? and for H-S-H config, what pickups should i get for blues and hard rock.

Thnks

Hi there... I'm using JnD LP Guitar bought from my fren few years back... Thought of changing the pickup as rust expanding. Isit worth changing the pickups to TESLA Pickup? Is a korean made pickup. DiMarzio too ex.

I'm into pop, british rock genre.

hi guys i am also planing to change my gtr pup, pls kindly advice which pup should be better for my epiphone lp. I play mre on blues, rock and jazz. So which pup shud i get? What brand seymour or d marzio pup? Hope to hear from u guys. Tnks

Hi guys great stuff, nice to see the guitar prices are included. how about the rough guitar service charges. I would actually like to know the estimated charges for changing a neck and installation of new pickups (neck and bridge) lets say for a telecaster. just the service charges will do, i'd be providing the neck and pickups

Latest posts

Back