ALL things regarding GUITAR, PICKUP, STRINGS

I suggest you get an acoustic. String it with .11s and let your fingers get used to the fretting of strings. PM me if you have more questions.

DarknessFury said:
Hey, it doesn't matter if the bridge saddles are not in a straight line, right?

IMO try to keep them as straight as possible, if not, u would be getting a different scale not to mention the shifted position of the harmonics of the strings :)

What do you mean by "straight", DarknessFury?

If you are talking abt the height of the saddles, they definately should NOT be straight, they should follow the radius of your fretboard. If your fretboard is flat, then yeah, maybe, with immaculate fretwork and a dead straight board, yes.

If you are talking about intonation, where the saddles all line up straight, then its also a NO.

You line them straight, your intonation goes out of wack. Do not line them straight.

SX GG1K (Bundle with amp and accessories) - $235
SX SST62 - $195

These 2 guitars...where can i get it?i need to get e SX GG1K cos its cheap but is it good?? :?:

ala_carte said:
if u want cheap, i recommend ibanez..they're good and cheap for sure :)

Absolute spot on. Bought two Ibanez and had a really good time with them. They sound great and easy to play.

go down to swee lee and try for urself cos wad u want may not be there necessarily..the other time, i wanted an epiphone so bad, i went down to the shop, tried the model i was interested in, tried a few ibanez models and i went home with the ibanez :)

Yeah...a good entry level guitar would be an RG. If you have money at your disposal, dont waste time...hit on the JEM7VWH. The rockers' dream guitar. That thing is absolute gorgeous and has a smooth and fast neck. It also has a good resale value. Just my 2 cents :wink:

But the JEM uses gold hardware, wears off too easily.
Evo pups, compressed like no tomorrow, if you like it that way.
Overpriced in the first place.

But it looks good. 8)

yup i agree. WAAAAAAAAAAAY too overrated to me. A good starter would be the Ibanez RG321MH. It's fixed bridge so u dun have 2 worry abt string changing, esp. during gigs if u break a string half way thru. And the sustain is excellent, thanks to the fact that it's string-thru body. Its made of mahogany too, which is considered one of the best and it's overall well-built. Just 1 thing I dun like abt it are the stock PUs but nothing a PU change can't solve :)!

hmm..yea.ibanez is great.sadly i bought a flyod rose iwth a floating bridge.lots of trouble restringing.should have bought a fixed bridge and non-flyod rose.

Need Help With Electric Guitar

Hi Guys,
I am scouting for an electric guitar, my budget is damn pathetic, its only 300 bucks, so what can you guys recommend? I know the budget is sad but that is what I can afford for an electric guitar. Help please.. Thanks

zzpiggyzz

1) Get those beginner packs from any guitar shops !!
nice guitar + amp + accesories

2) look out here in the buy/sell section for good used deals ....

3) gotto Cash Convertors ~ 5/10 chances of getting a good axe ...

4) look out for music shop 1/2 price sale ....btw you just missed one !!

:wink:

Back