ALL things regarding GUITAR, PICKUP, STRINGS

eh may i ask a question.

an ephiphone lespaul , gibson lespaul and burny lespaul
all use doublecoil pickups

But the quality of the pickups used. are they different thus resulting in different sound?

Dimarzio pickups.

Hello to all. Since this post is all about the axe, I hope u guys could help me out. I've been looking for Dimarzio YJM(Neck) and Dimarzio HS-3(Bridge) pickups but never seem to have found them. If anyone knows where I could get them, please.. do tell. :)
...and if it's possible, quote the price respectively.

Thanks. :)

worst case if u cant find them here, u can order them from music123.com. they do ship to singapore.

regards,
Ken

well.. thanks ken.. appreciate the help. But please anyone, if there's a shop out there selling those, do tell. Saves the trouble to do the procedures.. shipping n stuff.

Thanks again. :)

i believe swee lee brings in dimarzios, u might wanna try calling them to see if they have the stock, coz somtiems it takes forever to get them in

yeah man. I called them.. but apparently they didn't stock in the YJM and HS-3 pickups. I guess I'd probably order them from the site u mentioned as my last resort. Oh well..

Don't exactly have an idea of what it's called other than (insert wood name here) strip. It's to strengthen the neck.

guitar bridge

hi, my guitar is a KKV B.C. Rich with a hardtail bridge.
i wonder if it is possible to change the bridge to a floyd rose bridge.
please send me a PM regarding this matter.

to gordanzz:
its called skunk stripe at least for strats its called that. other necks just say laminate can liao i think.

to MIA:
bound body means the edges got binding, those small stripe of plastic or watever surrounding the body. Thats the binding, so the body is bound.

to theunknown:
the saddles is wad the strings sit on at the bridge. those little metal pieces with grooves in them.

A few quick questions with regards to pups and saddles, though.

1: Regarding pups, are there any places that sell the Fender Vintage Noiseless sets, or the Samarium Cobalt pups? Fender claims that the Samarium pups are found on highway 1s, so i might begin to hope for someone selling it! From what i've heard, Davis seems to occasionally bring them in.

2: Anywhere that sells a brass saddle for a Telecaster? I've got a Tele that's currently equipped with Chrome saddles, but i'm looking for brass saddles for that vintage tone.

Any answers would be appreciated!

Cheers!

lol man this is starting to suck for me...
i just changed my strings for the first time after sending it for a full set up..
now it seems like its buzzing all over....notes sounds flat and stuff..but i checked..the intonation is right...
man..i guess it as something to do with the tension of the strings..i dont know..
any idea any one??

It takes a few days for the strings to "settle". Once they've been under tension for a day or two they won't constantly detune themselves so much.

[thread necromancy ftw]

-Annikk

Ditto. Or you can manually stretch them. Some people say it works others say it doesn't.

This thread is going almost 3 years old. :D

Ah no wonder!
Cos each time I change my strings, play, stop for a while and play again, the tune changed.

I have questions about strings.
1) The brand of the string really matter right? I used to use Ernie Ball but changed to Brooklyn like a few months ago cos apparently someone told me it was better. But I noticed that Brooklyn tend to get rusty pretty quickly, in like 3 weeks. I did all the precautions like, cleaning your hand before playing and cleaning the strings after playing, but don't think ut helps much.
And yes, I have sweaty palms/fingers.
So any string recommendations? That could last longer?

2) Is it fine to use electric strings on acoustic? Sound wise?

Thanks!

[=Girlpants

1) You could use coated strings. Unfortunately, usually only string 3 (G), 4(D), 5(A), 6(Low E) are coated. String 1(b) and 2(High e) are usually not. I am not very sure if the newer versions have a different coating but you could probably do a quick search online. Common brands would be Elixirs and Daddarios. Alternatively, you can use string cleaners or aftermarket coating such as String Life.

Not all strings are made the same. Some tend to rust faster.

2) The tension for electric strings and acoustic strings are different. So in short, no go.

need help on buying humbuckers..i play more to rock and punk and budget is ard $80.help is greatly appreciated.Buying for the neck first.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back