ZOom G2 - Patch Sharing

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the G2.1u for the purpose of laying down guitar ideas on my iBook. I see that it's bundled with Cubase LE software. Anyone tried recording with the G2.1u direct via USB yet?

baker said:
Is the G2.1 suppose to come with a usb cable? Cos i bought one recently and it's not there. any idea where i can get it?

Firstly, it doesn't come with the effects bro. Secondly, buying might not be an option if you have lots of printers at home. Most printers use the exact same USB cable as the Zoom EFX, the USB Type B. For clarification, refer to this pic that i posted:

IMG_0688.jpg

Getting it from Courts, or even Harvey Norman tends to me more expensive. Try those computer shops at Sim Lim, or basically just any computer shop. Hope it helped.. :)

reyar said:
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the G2.1u for the purpose of laying down guitar ideas on my iBook. I see that it's bundled with Cubase LE software. Anyone tried recording with the G2.1u direct via USB yet?

yes i have.. its quite good and easy. Only thing is i had a slight buzz on the system a couple of times.. but it went away after a while. not sure what caused it.. The cubase is good in that it solves all the latency issues for you.. you can play along to the recorded tracks and just layer on.. syncs perfectly. I'm working on pc btw but it should be the same on the mac i suppose. cheers.

baker said:
Is the G2.1 suppose to come with a usb cable? Cos i bought one recently and it's not there. any idea where i can get it?

think u can get it from courts, harvey norman, or sim lim square... but make sure you get a >short< one.. the longer ones may have problems with the power supply to the G2.1.

btw i'm new to guitar stuff. I just bought a boss blues driver BD-2 today and did some A/B comparisons with the G2.1.. well, i must say the BD-2 sounds slightly more 'ballsy' on overdrive and less 'digital' and slightly more responsive but by not much. I'm surprised the G2.1 comes so close actually... 8O

just to share abit more, i'm currently connecting my bd-2 to the input of the g2.1 and turned off all the g2.1's effects except for a touch of reverb set at long decay.. oohlahlah.. nice.. :D

now if only i could get my hands on one of those tube amps...

hi dwarfstars, think the marshall patch (NC) comes quite close. I'm talking more of the dynamics of the playing. You can always tweak the EQs to your liking..

i still prefer the amp sims off on the G2.. makes the guitar just abit 'sterile'.. the reverbs/delays/wahs/chorus effects are good though. 8)

ok.. nvm.. i'm playing thru radio speakers now.. btw.. if u guys have any zoom g2.1u patch to share please comment.. thnx..is it possible to download preset patches into the zoom?.. btw i find the zoom ok la.. juz that the distortions all quite high gain.. and the overdrive (OD) is lousy.. and some of the effects never bother to explore.. hahah..

dwarfstars said:
ok.. nvm.. i'm playing thru radio speakers now.. btw.. if u guys have any zoom g2.1u patch to share please comment.. thnx..is it possible to download preset patches into the zoom?.. btw i find the zoom ok la.. juz that the distortions all quite high gain.. and the overdrive (OD) is lousy.. and some of the effects never bother to explore.. hahah..

quite true, a bit too erm digital :lol: ??? haha, but if you want something that'll help, try using the od1, with gain at about 70, tone at 6, then use the booster at about 7-10, at tone 3, try a flat eq, and turn on the cabinet simulation

Yah what you say about the overdrives is true.. even to a electric guitar noobie like me i can tell that its bad... haha.. thats why a bought a bd-2 to run it into the G2.1.. much better. :) Think the best thing about this unit is the effects.. very nice i must say.. the reverbs and the delays. Just run a couple of overdrive pedals into it and your'e set. :roll:

Indigo_blues said:
Yah what you say about the overdrives is true.. even to a electric guitar noobie like me i can tell that its bad... haha.. thats why a bought a bd-2 to run it into the G2.1.. much better. :) Think the best thing about this unit is the effects.. very nice i must say.. the reverbs and the delays. Just run a couple of overdrive pedals into it and your'e set. :roll:

yar but 1 thing i didn't like was that i couldnt boost the drives in the zoom from an external booster, plugged in before the zoom, to increase the volume

jeremyrozario said:
Indigo_blues said:

yar but 1 thing i didn't like was that i couldnt boost the drives in the zoom from an external booster, plugged in before the zoom, to increase the volume

hmm.. didn't really try that.. usually i run it on the fender clean amp setting with the gain around 60-70, then just set the blues driver for the amount of crunch that i want.. can control from the guitar volume knob like that also... yah, the crunch probably coming from the blues driver, not the g2.

Back