ZOom G2 - Patch Sharing

i use it.....but selling it off already... what is MEH ?
the hi gain distortion and the chorus is good

I have a G2.1, think it's ok for the price i paid. Nothing wonderful or special about it, just think that its enough to satisfy my needs to play with different sounds..

Yeah, I like my G2.1 too.
There's another thread on the G2, maybe you could check it out.

I like the fact that you have two different EQ controls for the sound, so for whatever patches you use (esp the dist/OD) you can really personalize it to your liking. Managed to create a lot of sounds you hear from Santana, Metallica and Jimmy Hendrix.. :)

i've used it through a few different amps, imo it sux ass on a solidstate, but through a tube amp, it makes hell of a difference

Haven't put it through a solid state yet, cos i'm using a Valvetronix and it sounds really good combined with the VOX onboard effects modules..

well they have made improvements in the new models- i plug earphones into mine and connect to my pc to play along to songs

btw anyone has any idea how i can get a sharp distortion? something close to darrell dimebags dist

Hmmm.. try using patch C0 (C Zero) and then manually adjust the EQ and the extra EQ to suit your needs. There're a few other nice distortion, can't really remember the patch number. Basically, just find the preset patch that sounds CLOSEST (doesn't have to sound like it, just find the same crunch you want) and then edit from there. But being a multi efx, the artificial-ness of the distortion won't get you close to those made my single pedals. :)

WJ said:
well they have made improvements in the new models- i plug earphones into mine and connect to my pc to play along to songs

btw anyone has any idea how i can get a sharp distortion? something close to darrell dimebags dist

dimebags song isn't sharp i, think it is more like cutting away the mid.... i tried getting something like his sound... it can be achieve on my BOSS HM-2

Hmmm.. maybe you can use a preset patch together with the Metal Zone Drive? Just try the many ways you should be able to get it. :)

Does anyone wanna post specifics of their builds?
I have a metal tone to share that I think sounds quite good if anyone wants to begin sharing builds.
Also, what good settings are there to make the acoustic sound more realistic?

Oh oh! The acoustic drive mode (AC) does not make it sound like a real acoustic unlike the POD XT Live IMO, but i usually use A4 and turn on the AC drive, play around with the EQ and Extra EQ to basically get the tone.

Is the G2.1 suppose to come with a usb cable? Cos i bought one recently and it's not there. any idea where i can get it?

Latest posts

Back