what to look for when buying guitar?

for me i've never actually bought an acoustic, with the exception of mi dad's 12stringer, but occasiconally when i pick up an acoustic in a store, i'd just pluck it where it is, if the open string sound is appealing, i might just play it for a while, anw i didn't realise this until recently, but i've got no normal acoustic guitar, i need 1 too

BlackMoo said:
neuro182, you own the guitar which I was gassing for ages for. WEeeee.

you sure u know wad u were GASsing for? thick neck? bright mid/treble excessive pickups? a bridge which arm will get loosened with usage? beneath the paint got lots of wood putty? heehee, anw back to the thread...

:p wowowowowow!!! I guess i hv to learn the guitar languages too~ manz...i feel soo idiotic...dunno anything abt guitar... wat do u guys get for ur first guitar n hw do ur go abt for the very first time finding ur ideal guitar :?:

MackSonne said:
I think since you are a beginner on the electric route, you should get either an acoustic or classical first. It will jump start you into chords and notes first without having to spend much. After all you need to get introduced to the instrument.

Well just a thought. It is still up to you to decide. But if you do, at least you are making an informed choice. That's what's most important.

eh, i'm not really into electric, but i more for the eric clapton n smoothing side... :roll:

Hmm

Hmm as for my axe, I personally love the neck, not too thick for me. The pickups can be replaced tho I'm getting the hang of it. Tremolo bridge wise, the arm can be adjusted so it goes in deeper for more stability. I might be saving up more for a RG550EX. It'd be more power up.

Oopsie, outta topic again -> Back to the topic . . .

then acoustic would be best! learn strumming, plucking, also very nice. also can solo on acoustic like Mr Big's to be with u 8)

tany said:
then acoustic would be best! learn strumming, plucking, also very nice. also can solo on acoustic like Mr Big's to be with u 8)

so true, i've always believed it good to start off with playing acoustic

anw if you feel lyk going shopping, juz bring along a seasoned guitarist to guide you along the way

Intonation.
Are the frets properly sitted?
Is the nut properly cut and sitted?
Any hissing, crackling or any funny sound emitted when you twirl the knob?
Crackling when you switch the pickups?

Lifehouse said:
Intonation.
Are the frets properly sitted?
Is the nut properly cut and sitted?
Any hissing, crackling or any funny sound emitted when you twirl the knob?
Crackling when you switch the pickups?

u mean these are some of the things to look out for? manx...i dun hv much frenz who's into guitar...if i go get it myself, u think the staff will cheat me on the quality :?:

ok...juz sms my fren, he said he gg sell his to me...he bought it few yrs back, haven told me the model yet...he also dunno hw much to sell me...mayb i got his model can post up here n let ur comment abt it :?: he said shld be acoustic guitar, well most steel string are acoustic right :?:

I juz saw some brands online, dunno good or not, need ur advice. :?

The guitar man(TGM)
J & D
MORRIS

i think morris is the best given the px is the highest...

i didn't know it stands for the guitar man.. i thought it was the green man :? my acoustic was from davis.. 80 bucks congress.. not bad.. tone's quite nice but playability isnt so good.. high action which could be taken care off.. how much is your friend selling his kapok for?

Back