what is the one song that inspired you to pick up the guitar

Re: what is the one song that inspired you to pick up the gu

Afrodisiak said:
Dunno if this is posted before...?

haha bro, cool man! haha me too, the guitar player being slash, song name november rain! the video clip, those postures he made in the dessert, i just had to learn how to...hehe

flash_tay said:
eagles - hotel california (live version).

so manage to play it yet? i get owned by that song everytime i try to play it.. haha.. song that made me pick up the guitar was tears in heaven-eric clapton.. still loving it..

B

Yeahhhh
Rick Price - Fragile
Extreme - More than words
Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive
Misteri Mimpi Syakila - Wings
Isi atau Kulit - Search

The early few songs that inspired me to play the guitar

and not forgetting

A shoulder to cry On - Tommy Page

I heard Yngwie Malmsteen - Far beyond the Sun. And was shocked. So got curious, interested, and tada. The cow was born.

Social Distortion - Don't Drag Me Down

First it was the intro drum beats tht got me into drumming. Then it was the thrusting solos frm tht song tht told me "hey, go get an electric guitar!" I already had an acoustic tho bt didnt do anythin with it for abt a few mths.

nirvana - smell lyk teen spirit ... the song that made me want to know more abt guitar

and the rest

Gnr - sweet child of mine
oasis- most of thier songs ... i simply love thier vintage guitar tone
incubus- very creative
mettalica - metal

listening to these bands made me pick it up ... all genius in thier own right :twisted:

lol for me, there was this particular church camp a few years... and there was this get-together time... there was this bunch of guys havin a great time playing the guitar and i was like... stoning around miserably...

then there was this girl who played Love Will Keep Us Alive by the Eagles (any1 knows which was the original band who played this song?) and i thought it was lovely...

so i bought a yamaha classical guitar (i was so clueless about guitars then i didn't know the diff between acoustic and classical) and leart my 1st song from my retareded buddy - Fook a Dog by Blink 182

:twisted: on a classical guitar... while singing it... YEAH :twisted:

Well for me, I got turned on to heavy metal by my friend when I was fifteen, and the first time I heard someone solo on the guitar was this malay playing Hotel California and I was like "god, how did he manage to do that!!!" And from then on I decided I wanna be a guitar player!!!!!!

JOHN MAYER"S- NEON! oh gosh.. after listening to it.. gosh. So into guitars and stuffs.. But till now.. i still cant play the song. Eh and the other song is Chop Suey by System Of the Down. The first song that i learn was Vertical Horizon- Best i ever had. :)

But yeah.. till now John Mayer is still my guitar hero.. and i still go crazy whenever i listen to Neon.

for me it was the best song of all.............
ali baba song.........
:smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118 :smt118

johnny be goode - CHUCK BERRY - comlpete with duck walk & other acrobatics... :lol: 8)

Back