wat shld i get ?? guitar ? multi efx ? amp ?

siva

hi ppl // im a newbie on the electric guitar and would like to upgrade my equip a little .. so i have been thinking . wat to get ?? amp or guitar or efx ?? plz enlighten me on wat affects tone beside my fingers and also recommendations on wat to get .. THX !!!

btw .. im using a ibanez grx40 and an ibanez 10 watt amp .both came in the ibanez started pack which i got from sweelee ... and also using a boss ds2.

go to the open mic section and listen to the tones of the guitarists in this forum.

there are people using zoom multi efx like satch.. cavett... and DS-1 pedal users like me , liff etc... listen to the tracks and judge for yourself. since you already bought a ds-2. i suggest you keep it. it is a good pedal...

no point in offloading it cheap...and have to spend even more money to buy multi efx.

I think the most important aspect to upgrade first is the guitar, although EFX and Amps are pretty darned important too. Get a decent, not-too-expensive guitar, there are many threads here on starter Ibanez's, and get maybe a good amp, the CUBE 30 is excellent. My review for it is under the thread "What amps do you use".

So the way I see it, upgrade in the order of Guitar - Amp - Efx.

My 2 cents.

so in rank of importance .. wat would u all tink ? u tink i shld get an efx first ?? amp first ?? or guitar ??

siva said:
so in rank of importance .. wat would u all tink ? u tink i shld get an efx first ?? amp first ?? or guitar ??

if ur tight on a budget, try gettin a mfx pedal, thats the "cheapest" way to alter your tone, and gives you a chance to experiment around with different sounds and effects, den when u got more cash and get better, u can upgrade to a better mfx or individual pedal, den maybe later u can get a guitar and a better amp, well juz mi honest opinion

budget .. .dun noe leh .. 200 - 300 ? heard the korg ax1500g is gd .. wat ya all tink .. maybe wan to get that ..

Latest posts

Back