Wad cymbals do u guys have...

joshie said:
hey drum hobbyist how about doing another photo of all your cymbals together.

By year end as I will be completing my collection of Bosphorus Antique series and Meinl Generation-X series... 8)

Alright! Got my new Bosphorus New Orleans 18" Crash

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

Thus adding on to my other cymbal, hahaha. Pathetic but sweet.
Bosphorus New Orleans 18" crash
Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride 20"

DSCF0759.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

thanks. hm overall the feel is rather dark? since i started off with a dark custom i decided to keep it moderate or slightly dark as i dont want a very big contrast. the new orleans fits perfectly in a jazz situation and its pitched isnt too high. it's supposed to give a jazzy feel to it and i guess both cymbals are warm and moderate in tone thus blending perfectly.

the bell is bloody loud, if you hit it right. overall its not that loud in my opinion, thats why i chose it as i play very much in "light" situations. however i've seen some rocker's using it.

joshie said:
Oh yea thanks Drumhobbyist for all teh advice and info.

You are welcomed! Finally you've made an excellent choice. Cosmetic wise is also beautiful...

Today I was at Accent to receive the Antique 18" jazz crash/ride and the 12" medium hihats... have to be Accent's 'sales person' to some NUS students who have not heard of Bosphorus cymbals and they end up buying New Orleans 14" hi-hats, Traditional 16" crash, Antique 16" crash and Stanton Moore 20" Wide Ride (should give this ride a listen!)

Accent's boss was one happy man! :lol:

he's sales just started shooting up. how was the new orleans hihat? im thinking of getting a hihat sooner or later. i heard the master's online, sounded decent.

Drum_hobbyist, thanks man!!! just got my MADE IN WUHAN chinas and they sound EXTREMELY perfect. No dings, no crack, very stiff and sturdy..

for those who said that buyin MADE IN WUHAN china's are like buying a lottery, than u are awfully wrong..

here are some pics... thanks drum_hobbyist once again for the lobang:D..

bon appetite:

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

oh yeah a few facts to be noted, they come in pairs of 80 bucks each, so if u wanna buy, ask someone to follow u so that u can buy one each...

the whole provided is too small so u have to drill a larger boring hole to fit into ur cymbal stand.

it sounds super washy and loud, the friendly dude, henry, still have a few pairs left in the warehouse.

and it has quite a great sustain to it..

so i'd recommend it to anyone who has a lower budget to buy these chinas:D

thx!

Those who have low budget, Boon Studio do sell Wuhan chinas from $30 bucks onwards... Still available. Go check it out.

Boon Studio is near Potong Pasir. Call 62881289. I'm not sure of the address details. Sizes, you have to go there and check it out la. All i know is that 16" and 18" are available.

Back