Wad cymbals do u guys have...

i just hope what i'm looking for at bosphorus wun go poof before i can see and test them.. hiaz.. exams exams..

Good... once bought don't regret... this is one principle many drummers fail to live by... that is the reason for the deflated resale value...

drum_hobbyist said:
Good... once bought don't regret... this is one principle many drummers fail to live by... that is the reason for the deflated resale value...

I think buyer's regret is unrelated to deflated resale value.

How things sound at the shop are affected and changed by so many other variables in the studio, live gigs etc. Not always the same. Actually, instead of living by that principle, I feel it's more important to be honest with yourself if the cymbal/s doesn't work for you, fit in with the rest etc, let it go and find something else. Of course, if one can afford it, then no worries lah.

When you purchase something, then sell it off second-hand, you're definitely not going to be able to sell it at the same price you bought it for, whether you regret it or not. Unless you got it at a lowered price already, or the person you're selling to knows peanuts. That's just market forces at work, for electronic goods, guitars, etc.

Unless there's some rarity ascribed to the item, like Paiste 602s, old Gretsch kits, for example, then the price will appreciate.

Not everyone can afford (the finances or space) to keep the things they purchase when they are in the market for new gear, maybe for a different project, or just trying something new, everyone has their own reasons.

Anyway, I think this seems to be hardly a problem in sg, it's really quite a small resale market here. :) my two cents.

That is what I am getting at... there is no one cymbal that can fit all situations... if one is so particular of sound to fit all situations, then the best practice is to have a wider collection of cymbals to be available...

All of us here are entitiled to share our principles and let the silent majority to decide what approach to take for their own good... people have their blind spots and need another person to help them to see... :wink:

Received my first batch of Bosphorus Antique Series...

P1010005-1.jpg

The Antique series and the Istanbul Mehmet Sultan series may look similar but both are in a different world. The Sultan series is thick which results in meaty projection while the Antique series is thinner which results in exotic sound.

In no way the Antique series is a cheaper version of the Sultans in terms of pricing.

antiques eh? hmm howabout the traditionals? post them up here! was thinking of getting a hihat urgently. probably zildjian or bosphorus. opinions drum hobbyist? which should i go for? and which type's of zildjians could give me that warm feel.

joshie said:
antiques eh? hmm howabout the traditionals? post them up here! was thinking of getting a hihat urgently. probably zildjian or bosphorus. opinions drum hobbyist? which should i go for? and which type's of zildjians could give me that warm feel.

In terms of cost effectiveness for quality, go for Bosphorus... hey man... you need to go down and listen to all the hihats available... should try the New Orleans 14" hihats... 8)

andreww said:
dun mind me sayin this, but the bosphorus cymbals do look like the trojan 22inch ride eh?

I do not know whether this cymbal pattern originates from China or Turkey... but what I do know that the process of making by Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet and Trojan differs... that means they sound different from each other and neither it can be said one sounds inferior to another... :wink:

drum_hobbyist said:
joshie said:

In terms of cost effectiveness for quality, go for Bosphorus... hey man... you need to go down and listen to all the hihats available... should try the New Orleans 14" hihats... 8)

new orleans eh? sorry one more favour could you list down the stuff they have, meaning the different brands of cymbals. i'll go down soon. trying to find time to

joshie said:
drum_hobbyist said:
joshie said:

new orleans eh? sorry one more favour could you list down the stuff they have, meaning the different brands of cymbals. i'll go down soon. trying to find time to

New Orleans is a series of Bosphorus... the other series are Traditional, Antique, Turk, Ferit, Master, Gold, Versa and Stanton Moore... go to Bosphorus website to check out the catalogue...

Back