Vic Firth Shogun Sticks (Shira Kashi white oak)

weckl-x

DrumsticksVicFirthShogun.jpg

-Mini-Mass Order CLOSED-

Those in the order, please refer to latest post for updates!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've the chance to get a couple from my friend in the states, if there's demand, I don't mind getting a few more for fellow drummers here.

I don't remember seeing them locally... If they are? How much are they? If save $1-$2 bucks I think I'll just get locally. Not worth it to ship in. He's going to the post office to get shipping costs.. estimated each pair about S$15-S$19..

Couldn't seem to find any info on VF's current site... maybe discontinued, but from the feel of promark's, I quite like oak sticks =)

He has 8 pairs of 5A and 5 pairs of 7As. I'm taking two of each myself. Only nylon tips available.

"The Shogun line is made using Japanese Oak (Even though the wood comes from Japan, these sticks are made in the Firth stick factory in Maine, so they are AMERICAN MADE just like all Vic Firth sticks!). Oak is a denser wood that feels more rigid and has more weight to give your playing more power and a fuller drum sound. Oak sticks generally hold up a little better than Hickory, have a bright sound on cymbals and have a nice smooth feel in the hand with less "shock resonance" into your hands as hickory sticks. "

http://www.peelerdrumcenter.com/drumsticks_by_vic_firth.htm

"Vic Firth's new "Shogun" drumsticks are made from the highest quality Shira Kashi white oak from Japan, but they are manufactured at the Vic Firth factory in the United States.

The Shogun series consists of 5A, 5B, 2B, 7A, and Rock models, with each available in either wood or nylon tip for a total of ten models. These proven designs feature great balance and response, while the Japanese white oak brings a new dimension to the playing experience.

Shira Kashi oak is a dense wood that provides added stick weight and power for a full drum sound and strong sound projection."

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-13687230.html

Okay, I got the figures.

Each pair: S$15
Shipping for each pair: S$3
(Only S$3 if shared amongst all 13 pairs. E.g, less pairs > higher shipping cost.

So far those interested:

5A Nylons (8 pairs total)
- me (2 pairs)
- DT (1 pair)
-

7A Nylons (5 pairs total)
- me (2 pairs)
- kahuna (2 pairs)
- DT (1 pair)

PM me if you wanna join in, if you think it's not worth it, tell me too. I also don't wanna waste my money. Haha.

yo weckl, don't mind getting a pair of try it. hit me up with a pair of 5As! :) how do i transfer the $$ to you?

Hi... Last call for anyone interested in Vic Firth 5A white oak sticks (Nylon tips)... I'll check back by 11PM. Thanks.

Update at 12:41 AM

Shipping for each pair: S$3-S$5
(Only S$3 if shared amongst all 13 pairs. E.g, less pairs > higher shipping cost.)

So far those interested:

- me (2 pairs)
- DT (1 pair)
- alvyn (1 pair)
- joshie (1 pair?)
- danial (1 pair)

- me (2 pairs)
- kahuna (2 pairs)
- DT (1 pair)

Mini mass order -CLOSED-

Since only 2 extras, I'll cover those first lah, to secure lowest shipping price. If anybody wants, just let me know.

Okay, waiting for confirmation...

Latest Update for Vic Firth Oakies:

-Estimated cost:
Shipping for each pair: S$3-S$5

- me (2)
- DT (1)
- alvyn (1)
- joshie (1)
- danial (1)
- 1 pair available
- 1 pair available

- me (2)
- kahuna (2)
- DT (1)

Mini mass order -CLOSED-

Since only 2 extras, I'll cover those first lah, to secure lowest shipping price. If anybody wants, just let me know.

-Payment arrangements
No worries about being scammed, since I've already made payment for the sticks, I'm a bit worried about people backing out, but most of the guys here, should be quite okay lah.

What I'll do is once the sticks arrive, I'll send out SMSes and emails to inform you guys. Hopefully we can set a time where we can all meet.

-Expected arrival
10-20 days
Would be cool if in time for Christmas! But that's the very reason might kenna delay too, if people in US send gifts early. Let's hope for the best.

-Notes
Kahuna, alvyn, joshie - I don't have your contact numbers yet, drop me a PM. If you'd like to be notified by email, pass that to me too.

Cheers, tiring stuff man, let's hope this works out.

Dan was asking me about the difference...

If the dimensions are similar to VF's hickory American Classic line,

5A L=16", Dia.=.565"
7A L=15 1/2", Dia.=.540"

IMHO, the thickness is so slight it won't be noticeable by us humans!
A difference of 0.635 millimetres!

Length difference:1.27cm

-Confirmed cost:
Shipping for each pair: S$4
Total: S$19 per pair

- me (2)
- DT (1)
- alvyn (1)
- joshie (1)
- danial (1)
- kahuna (1)
- 1 pair available

- me (2)
- kahuna (2)
- DT (1)

Mini mass order -CLOSED-

Hey man, 7A's all allocated... if you really want, I don't mind giving up one of my pairs for ya.

Still one pair of 5A's available, if you'd like, you can take 1 of each. Drop me a PM with your email and hp no, will contact ya when it arrives..

-Confirmed cost:
Shipping for each pair: S$4
Total: S$19 per pair

- me (2)
- DT (1)
- alvyn (1)
- joshie (1)
- danial (1)
- kahuna (1)
- eugen3 (1)

- me (1)
- kahuna (2)
- DT (1)
- eugen3 (1)

Mini mass order -CLOSED-

DullTheater said:
so when arrive???
depends on the reindeers and driver santa izit??
hee heee

Haha, ya lor.. I think either just before or after xmas...
I hope the stupid reindeers don't get hungry and chew on our sticks :lol:

santa-sleigh.jpg

Latest posts

Back