US fender 52 vintage tele

dunplayplay

My fren is letting one go, but he has re-wired and changed both pickups to emg, so now its a rock tele...so wad do u guys think? is it worth the buy?

butterscotch..

wah... US
wah... Fender
wah... '52
wah... tele
wah... vintage
wah... EMG
wah... butterscotch somemore

something to add to your growing collection of Fender huh

is it just me or is your every gear acquisition query just an exercise in name-dropping

i wonder if you really care about how the guitar sounds when you play it?

well to answer your question is really difficult, since you didnt say how much your fren is selling it for, cant tell you if it's worth it or not

but then again, i guess price doesnt really matter to you :roll:
so i say, buy it

you can always sell it off later if you find you dont like the sound (deja vu)

if it was truly a 52 tele....then slapping EMGs on it must have been the act of the year. Why the sudden acquisition of all things Fender now, seems pretty weird to me after you've had enough of your 62 RI within a few hours :?

If the original pickups are available then its a good deal just in case you dont like the emgs. Just let u know that the american vintage series has a vintage neck (DOH) 7.25 radius and thick neck which may not suit a lot of people. Pleast give it a good try urself. A tele is well a tele, twang n naturally bright. The emgs might darken it though. Am well either saving or i might sell one of my guitars to get a tele. But am quite nitpicky about it so yeah. Please try it first seriously. Am thinking of trading one of my PRS for a Custom Shop Custom classic tele or a James Burton US tele or its equivalents. Its a good guitar. Just try first.
If the original pickups arent available then can knock off the price quite a bit. Its ard 2.1-2.2K new i think at SL

Cheers

2.1-2.2 is for the reissue, but from the sound of it, it's a real 52'?

but for rock i did rather go with a Gibson - black ebony would be good... slurp.

but seriously, try it first.

original parts are still always more sought after. EMG... well, it's your preference.

You should try the tele yourself. tele necks can be a love/hate thing, particularly with neck radiuses.

if he changed to EMGs, and you happen to like it, why not?

however, what would be your reason for buying it? you're not going to sound much different with the current effects and amps (PA) that you go through.

I don't need EMG on a tele to rock. Teles are meant to rock. Check out Jeff Buckley on "Grace" album. Tele to Mesa Dual Recto. Seriously, emg on tele. If thats the sound you want coming out of the tele, look elsewhere please.

dunplayplay said:
My fren is letting one go, but he has re-wired and changed both pickups to emg, so now its a rock tele...so wad do u guys think? is it worth the buy?

butterscotch..

buy it. If you don't like it sell me cheap (oh btw, I don't want the EMG, please give me the stock pickup if you decide to sell me). 8)

hey mRe, i did not sell of my fender RI 62, i decided to keep it cox i am growing to love it more than my rg. It was impulsive act, till date, i am using fender as my main guitar.

And i was checking out gibson and tele, i wanted to buy a brand new. But not now as i am financial tight, so saving up. But then happen my fren owns that tele and he wants to sell it, but becox its just 3mths old, dats why i am here to ask u guys opinion. Not personal attacks.

As i read the replies, i was thinking, its emg pickups, and may as well get a rock guitar? Like? gibson? later i am going to try the tele. But its emg pickups, should i save up more for a gibson lp std instead? i mean i am in no rush to buy, just needed u guys to suggest to me so that i can think about all the replies and realie settle down on one.

Would appreciate it greatly, of cox i wanted to go for tones as well.

it's very simple

1.TRY IT.
2.like it? have the money? buy it.
3.like it? don't have the money? don't buy it.

the money is yours everyone can only give personal opinions

you're the one playing it. nobody else is going to.

:)

Query - how much is it going for? When and where was it made? The reissue 52 teles made in the early 80's in Fender's Fullerton plant are apparently among the best guitars Fender ever made, and increasing in value rapidly. But at the end of the day it must be something you are comfortable with and sounds good.

dunplayplay said:
And i was checking out gibson and tele, i wanted to buy a brand new. But not now as i am financial tight, so saving up. But then happen my fren owns that tele and he wants to sell it, but becox its just 3mths old, dats why i am here to ask u guys opinion. Not personal attacks.

As i read the replies, i was thinking, its emg pickups, and may as well get a rock guitar? Like? gibson? later i am going to try the tele. But its emg pickups, should i save up more for a gibson lp std instead? i mean i am in no rush to buy, just needed u guys to suggest to me so that i can think about all the replies and realie settle down on one.

Would appreciate it greatly, of cox i wanted to go for tones as well.

Gibson LP Standard. If you really surf alot of forums, like me a forum junkie, you'd know currently that you paying shitload of money for quite bad QC. Look at thegearpage forums. Those guys are paying insane amount buying R8s, R9s and having a badly files nut and bridge thats way off plus bad binding, tuners etc.. It's the minority yes. But much more than other makers. And yes. It's custom shop Gibson, not your run of mill. So buying new is probably the worst decision you can make unless you really know construction of guitar inside out. Fret levelling, crowning etc. I would stay clear of buying new. Learn how to pick a good guitar would probably help you more.

If you want to save more and get a really good LP style guitar, get a PRS Singlecut. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

As for personal attacks, hell no. We are just green with envy on your next purchase.

I think so far the best suggestion is: Try it.

Try it, at least for an hour or two, give us an opinion of what u think of the guitar yourself. (feel, build, tone, quirks, whatever.) from there, a better assessment and better replies will be given.

how about a 72s thinline tele. i love thoses :D anyway im getting one and adding a coil split function and phase switch very soon

alrite, after changing the pickups to emgs and rewiring, the guitar cost around 3.k, but he is offering me at 2k.

I tried the tele today for an hour, it sounds realie great and way different from my current 62RI.

My current 62RI neck is oval shaped and fingerboard radius 7.25.
However, the american vintage 52 tele which is advertised in fender website, i tried it today, U-shaped neck and fingerboard radius oso 7.25, but i feel its little thicker than my 62RI.

last qns, the more the radius, the thicker the neck? ain't it harder to play?

Latest posts

Back