US fender 52 vintage tele

not really, some prefer normal neck with narrower width neck (me). some prefer thin neck with broader width neck( defintly not me). to me, who wide the fretboard is, is more important than the thickness of the neck

radius is the curvature of the fretboard. like to bend like SRV or malmsteen den the more the curve the better. and btw dun buy any guitar just because someone tells u its gd. go try it urself.

dunplayplay said:
My current 62RI neck is oval shaped and fingerboard radius 7.25.
However, the american vintage 52 tele which is advertised in fender website, i tried it today, U-shaped neck and fingerboard radius oso 7.25, but i feel its little thicker than my 62RI.

last qns, the more the radius, the thicker the neck? ain't it harder to play?

Depends on your hand. For me I hate small necks, prefer a standard strat neck. Some people adjust to different neck profiles better.

If you have difficulty adjusting to the 62RI neck, I would suggest you reconsider about the tele. You can change almost everything else - electronics, tuners, bridge - but not the neck/body. (Well you could, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of getting the guitar...)

dunplayplay said:

neck radius and thickness are two separate components of neck size. They can be independent.

radius refers to how 'curved' the fretboard is, as penta-tonic said. it affects chording as well as bending.

thickness refers to the cross-section or the 'chunkiness' of the neck. if you have small hands, you might not be comfortable with necks like a 50s Les Paul

Lastly, there is the measurement of width. width refers to the broadness of the fingerboard. This will affect your fingering efficiency. If you like really broad ones (easier for shredding), then you should go for Ibanez wizard necks. Fender ones, and esp teles, are quite narrow by comparison.

neck.gif

a: width at nut
b: width at last fret
c: thickness at 1st fret
d: thickness at 12th fret
radius: 400mm (Wizard II neck)

Ya Lifehouse, i know its bad QC on Gibsons part but im a LP addict haha must HAVE! Which forum has the ppl complaining on the Custom Shop historics, im eyeing one myself. Have a 2nd hand Gibby LP Classic but im itching for a historic heh, love the LP tone cant get enough. You tried a Singlecut before? How they compare to the LPs, they might be of similar construction but i heard they sound quite different.

dunplayplay said:
alrite, after changing the pickups to emgs and rewiring, the guitar cost around 3.k, but he is offering me at 2k.

I tried the tele today for an hour, it sounds realie great and way different from my current 62RI.

My current 62RI neck is oval shaped and fingerboard radius 7.25.
However, the american vintage 52 tele which is advertised in fender website, i tried it today, U-shaped neck and fingerboard radius oso 7.25, but i feel its little thicker than my 62RI.

Of course it sounds different.. Man will i be surprised if it sounded the same.

Hmm... me saw this ad in Luther today

Date posted : 08 February 2006
3 month old 52' vintage butterscotch tele fitted with EMGs to go at SGD 2100. With papers and tweed case.
Email:62847797

i wonder... is this dunplayplay's friend trying to sell his tele? the description sure fits

ot abit. is there any buttersotch with rosewood fretboard tele? cant find it. nearest i could get is highway1, but its honey blonde which is not so yellow

turtlemuscle said:
or dunplayplay selling for his friend?

or dunplayplay bought from his friend and then don't like it and sell?

I heard he buy a new one for $2750. First 62 RI then this. Tmr, maybe join the local lambo club with a new Gallardo.

ciel21 said:
Ya Lifehouse, i know its bad QC on Gibsons part but im a LP addict haha must HAVE! Which forum has the ppl complaining on the Custom Shop historics, im eyeing one myself. Have a 2nd hand Gibby LP Classic but im itching for a historic heh, love the LP tone cant get enough. You tried a Singlecut before? How they compare to the LPs, they might be of similar construction but i heard they sound quite different.

Yup. 25" scale sure sounds different. Well even the LP sounds different. Wood sound tend to vary even if its the same species of wood.

I understand your LP addiction. I have SG addiction as well. I want an SG Junior so bad. That day I went Davis, saw the uncle stringing DR Reds for someone. Really wanted to purchase straight from that guy. Too bad a bit tight this month.. 8)

cool. the guy is rich... i jealous leh... heh heh. no lah just kidding.

dunplayplay, hope you will share your guitar with people ok? :)

hahaha... all you guys are funny man...

ok, put it this way. we all have access to the internet = we all can afford it. compared to the 3rd world... we are all rich! :)

somehow, after writing the above, i feel better financially...

wth... emg in a tele? serious? man... such a classy guitar is ruin by it ( dont get me wrong, i love emgs...) but NOT in a fricking reissue tele.. serious bro... why are u considering a tele when u already got such a nice strat... imo, i think u are really doing things on impulse..., see a nice guitar, buy and regret after u find that it doesnt suit you.

u could be more well off.. and might not feel the pinch. but for most of us here, i dont suppose everyone is like that. what i usually do is that i will try to find more info and feedback first before deciding.

my point is simple... research first, u will learn about things as well

i wonder how a tele would sound like with EMGs. to me, a tele isn't a tele if it doesn't sound twangy and snappy.

hydrogencynide:i like your seagull :D

Back