US fender 52 vintage tele

how abt fender noiseless tele pups? or the seymore duncan replacements?

I once made a "Springsteen Esquire" with warmoth and fender parts but made the mistake of putting in Dimarzio tele basic pups - to me the tone of the pups wasnt my cuppa tea + they howled when played too loud...

I'd also probely get a 12 inche fretboard radius from WD music cos the 52 71/2 rad a big too much for me when string bending

my 2 cents 8)

Well, sold my 62 strat to a fren.

Well, i never regretted the telecaster..its truly wad i wanted..

Thought about it real long..sat in shop playing it for 1.5hrs before deciding to buy it. Was considering between a lp standard and my tele, but after playing both for long time in the shop..i decided to get the tele instead as i prefer the feel and tone that i wanted.

Thanks to Terry and sharon from guitar gallery entertaining the fussy me..but because of that..i never regretted my telecaster.. =)

Lesson learn: cannot buy on impulse, but try super long first and do loads of homework first before buying it.

I realise jap fenders are not gonna beat american ones..there's just so much difference in sound. And jap fenders value drop realie fast!! no point.

i'm loving my tele..priceless!

so you got your friend's 52 RI tele with the EMGs? or you bought a new 52 RI from Guitar Gallery?

congrats on your new purchase. hope it lasts you longer than the '62 strat

Too many contradictions. And btw, only if you keep it for another 3 years then u can probably think it a purchase u wont regret.

American Fender > Jap Fender. Not exactly correct. Obviously you don't know much about japanese guitar productions. :roll:

You can always pick a MIM strat that beats a MIA or MIJ strat if you try lots of them.

The underlying factor is perceived quality here. Everyone seems to be obsessed with the price tag. Bottom line: if you like it, why bother? You care for the price only because you want to sell it. if you get an expensive guitar, you'll feel more pain it was ever stolen.

Just play and ignore these factors. Like how dunplayplay put it... loving his guitar is priceless.

dunplayplay said:
Well, sold my 62 strat to a fren.

Well, i never regretted the telecaster..its truly wad i wanted..

Thought about it real long..sat in shop playing it for 1.5hrs before deciding to buy it. Was considering between a lp standard and my tele, but after playing both for long time in the shop..i decided to get the tele instead as i prefer the feel and tone that i wanted.

Thanks to Terry and sharon from guitar gallery entertaining the fussy me..but because of that..i never regretted my telecaster.. =)

Lesson learn: cannot buy on impulse, but try super long first and do loads of homework first before buying it.

I realise jap fenders are not gonna beat american ones..there's just so much difference in sound. And jap fenders value drop realie fast!! no point.

i'm loving my tele..priceless!

PM me if you decide to sell it half price next month dude! 8)

wah ... looks like some one got suckered real good at guitar gallery... haha

been there a few times... their prices are atrocious.
The girl sales staff is a real pretty thang though...

ChanMin said:
wah ... looks like some one got suckered real good at guitar gallery... haha

been there a few times... their prices are atrocious.
The girl sales staff is a real pretty thang though...

yeah +1 to that... crazy prices... i recall seeing MIM strat at GG for 1400 (not sure if they give any standard discount, but even the list price is more than sweelee already)

not so sure abt the pretty thang... heh :p

Latest posts

Back