Urgent Help Needed - Drilling metal

ShredCow

Any one here knows where/who does drilling of metals?

I've got a trem with the arm assembly stuck in the arm holder hole. It NEEDS to be drilled out.

So thing is, who/where does this drilling?

Guitar Workshop?

Mechanic Garages?

Mr Mint?

Does anyone have a clue?

Does it mean that you couldn't unwind to free the trem bar? If so, the treading could have been misaligned. Forced unwinding the arm may damage the arm and drilling could probably damage the arm and the assembly. I managed to save both at one time, but it depends to how severe the jam is. Can PM me if this is the case.

yep, no prob...I had my SRV trem arm break off a few tymes b4...

Get a set of screw extractors from hardwhere shop. Bot mine from Handyfix for about $5-6 bucks.

Make sure you have the correct size in the set U buy to fit the hole the bit is stuck in. Drill i a bit , then reverse action on yr power screwdriver to remove.

Shouldnt damage yr trem block at all... cheers

ShredCow said:
Any one here knows where/who does drilling of metals?

I've got a trem with the arm assembly stuck in the arm holder hole. It NEEDS to be drilled out.

So thing is, who/where does this drilling?

Guitar Workshop?

Mechanic Garages?

Mr Mint?

Does anyone have a clue?

That sucks, Daniel...hope it isnt your supra modded Ibanez?

Ah, update.

Johnleong was kind enough to drop by with a battery operated hand drill with steel bits. Thanks John!

Drilled it out. :)

It ain't my guitar lah, its Pooo's prestiege RG 1527. In anycase, its now fitted with a spanking new OFR arm. :) Stays in place, works excellent.

Latest posts

Back