Ultrasound a Scammers of gig organisers. Read this good people

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyamRaj

Hey Nic this is Shyam Raj here. Remember we spoke the last time ? Well Tks decided to play for ultrasound to see what was this bullshit all about . We obviously sold all the tickets aswell as saw what he was about .

Well dude you are just another money making twat. Bands its up to you to decide on your platform. But this is pure bull shit . I have prove that he said that live and loaded approached him for all the bands that had played with him once . And he said that he would never give live and loaded the the bands list as he wanted to be involved in it.

Is this wat you mean by giving a platform to bands?

In prior experiences he made bands sell 20 tickets at 12 bucks each with no drinks or proper equipment . we are talking 22 bands here. No E-poster adds were done , myspace publicity or even a simple thing of giving what he claimed , which was live and loaded the bands details . And dont you even lie about this Nic coz i do have prove. Little did u know my handphone was in my hand when i was talking to you rite? Ppl were also around .

22 bands x $12 x 20. how much does he make by placing an add like this on soft.com and no where else. He easily makes alot of money by scamming bands into paying for unsold tix.

True. Bands got themself dug into this. But wasnt his aim to give a platform to this bands?
Then why no posters, photographers , Reviews or even a simple thing of giving the names of the bands to Live and loaded who he claimed. When i asked him who was the person in live and loaded that approched him , he said he could not remeber the name or even the email. So would u want to loose such an important contact??

Thambi K Seaow is a band that gets paid for shows. I am not boasting , but we wanted to see how these underground band who start of suffer. The experience was bad. No monitors on stage . Noting to give exposure except for selling tix to their friends who could watch them at a jamming studio or wherever. Maybe a couple of other outsiders.

Here is what happened.

We asked him that if a big organiser was gonna ask him for his port folio , what did he have to show. His answer was tix stubs. How prof was that . After we gave him a peice of our mind . We told him that in future gigs we wanted to see an e poster at least , monitors , and photographers so that bands have a good photo to add into their CV. if he didnt we would let the public know of his scam work.
he agreed.

In the previous show there was a photographer and a e poster that he put on soft. KUDOS to getting a photographer. but for the profit you were getting you could have done a better poster.

What hurt me was when i saw young 16 year old bands who could not sell all their tix fork out money to pay for usold tix. This money is something that they could use for school Nic! And to me , you are a jerk for demanding that money and making bands sign on the dotted line under the pre text of a platform. THese are young kids who dont know what they are in for .

A particular band couldnt sell the tix and he held thier IC's and said that he would return it until they payed for the unsold tix . He also scolded them. We were informed of this , and we called him and told him to return them. ELse, we would come down and talk to him face to face. He returned it. haha NIC

Answer me now fellow readers. Is he a cop to hold their IC;s or an "Ah long " ?

When he cant promise bands a platform or at least proper equipment, what rite does he have that bands promise him the payment of unsold tix? You tell me this isnt a scam ?

Young bands out there . You are musicians and not salesmen. That same amt of money you are giving to idiots like these , can be used for your recordings and demos. you do not need to pay ppl like these for nothing. If 5 of your bands chipped in the same money that your friends had payed for the tix which are going to him but to yourselves and booked a studio or gig venue, you can still accheive the same publicity but to your own benefit and not some one who sits on the chair to demand money that he has not done work for.

He does this once a month imagine how much he earns. We will never work with ppl like these . If you need help pls pm me and i would gladly help in letting u know how you could organise gigs for yourselves. I'm sure alot of other sot.com ppl including james could give you tips willingly into how you could do a DIY gig.

DO NOT give in to money making ppl like these. when its them who should be selling tix for their own gigs. You are not sales men and entertainers remember that. Dont be desperate, but be smart. Remember , if you support these type of organisations,IF WE DONT STOP THIS, our local scene musicians will have a tradtion like this. Have some pride for yourselves.

YOU ARE MUSICIANS , NOT SALES MEN.

P.s he told us he sold 60 tix on his part. was is 60 tix compared to 22 bands selling 20 tix. who is the organiser and who is the band...on top of all of that, bands dont even get a commision.

Yours truely Ultrasound and Ncholas,

Shyam Raj
www.myspace.com/tks999

Last edited:
Shyam....you guys were awesome when i saw you at esplanade.....its been awhile since i last gigged with you guys at deafcon.

Anyways I agree with you, bands should have some dignity and not prostitute themselves to organizers. The trademark reply that most organisers would give to such an attack would always be the usual "Oh but nobody put a knife to your throat and force you to sign the contract to sell tickets" but here we have a classic example, with proof about how an organiser goes about taking advantage of young inexperienced bands with lies and what-nots.

Good work in exposing such scum Shyam.

he's just keepin' it real, can't blame a guy for trying to make money off of young and gullible bands. Aren't there plenty of other organisers that pretty much do the same thing?

Holding other people's IC is an OFFENCE!
Never give your IC/11B to anyone. ESPECIALLY NIC/ULTRASOUND.....

I have never supported such organizers. Hope that the young musicians is aware of these scammers.

Can we like report this to the police?

Can we like report this to the police?

dude... chill... why act so "singaporean" until u wanna report police?
certain things can still be discussed and settled in a more CIVILISED way..

anyway, the moment i saw the threads opened by ultrasound to find bands to play in their "paid" gigs(u pay them, not otherwise), that was when i've rejected their idea.. this local scene is small enough to have people ripping us off our money.. these kind of organizers are just making money out of the scene that all of us, despite the differences that we may have, have been slowly building to be what it is now..

apart from that, i really hope the younger bands would pay closer attention and realise that what they're putting out isn't contributing to the local scene but instead the avaricious organizers.

[=BleedsNoMore

Singapore Statutes 13d) and e)
(d) without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, is in possession of one or more identity cards;
(e) unlawfully deprives any person of an identity card;

And
Act 28/94 wef 1.3.95 vide S 74/95.
(4) Any person who aids or abets in the commission of any offence under this Act shall be guilty of an offence.
(5) Every offence under this Act shall be deemed to be a seizable offence for the purposes of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Hey Shyamraj got to agree with you man, for my band we never ever thought of performing at this type of gig selling 22 ticket?????poor equipment???no promotion for the gig itself??? i will rather join this year tapestry rather than performing for a money-scammer organiser?? or might as well organise our own DIY gig, this type of people are polluting the local music scene......

MutantBanana : Pass law test eh!

i think all we can do is just remind bands that we shouldn't be relying on pay-to-play gigs. this topic has been brought up in soft a million times, and yet, there are still dozens of bands who think joining such gigs'd be a great idea. sure, getting invited to play for gigs IS rare, especially if you're a newly formed band, but why wait for the opportunity for gigs, when you can create opportunities of your own. go email reputable organisers, go send out presskits / demos, go organise your own gigs with your friends even. DIY! just cos you have a youtube channel / myspace and a soft account doesn't mean you'll be metallica overnight.

ShyamRaj, who is this Nic you are talking about? a lowlife 'Gig organizer'? I would like to get a hold on him. Give me more of his details in private.

I agree with you. I won't say every single pay-to-play gig organizer is the same, but not a single one has convinced me that they aren't just in it to take advantage of the band's naivety. Sure they can claim it'd help the bands out, but how exactly? The exposure claim is total bullshit. No one goes to these types of gigs besides family + friends because these bands aren't auditioned and thus most of them are young and terrible.

Bands are way better off jamming at a house and inviting their friends over.

he's just keepin' it real, can't blame a guy for trying to make money off of young and gullible bands. Aren't there plenty of other organisers that pretty much do the same thing?

Keeping it real? Sure, he's making a living(by exploiting kids), doesn't make it right. Just because other people are doing the same thing doesn't change anything either.

^yeah but the fact that there are plenty of other such organisers gives credence to his legitimacy in the scene, even though his methods are definitely more questionable. I don't want to get into a debate about whether doing it is right or wrong in such a morally ambiguous atmosphere. We live in a capitalistic society, so to expect things to change anytime soon would be to expect a social revolution.

It's good though that there are people like Thambi KS to lambast people like this in public so young bands can get a fair shake of what's what.

i like u shyam... power

yound bands,do take note of tis things.
u may thing tat its a gd start to begin with but wats ur advantages compared to ur lost?

i personally will nvr sell tickets to play. no gig then no gig lor. the world is not over.

build ur band tighter n make better oris,no point in jamming 3 -4 times then rushing to do gig but end up u playing wif sucky equipments,kena scam,kena sell ticket (like as if u r the organiser),kena push ard,kena criticise.

if it happens to u then take it as a lesson learnt. once bitten twice shy.

my 5cents
ok rock on!

Come to think of it, there aren't much benefits of these kind of gigs, the most you can get is the experience and "feel" . Say if your band is good and really good enough to get those paid gigs/ no-need-sell-tickets gig, you know it yourself that you're good and people are paying to watch you and stuff.

However in this case for P2P gigs, if your band is still not tight yet, I don't see the point of paying and then disgracing your self on stage, moreover if you do badly on that gig, people will remember you to be that sucky band. Not that I'm saying that everyone who attended these kinda gigs are bad.

But if your band is good, you will perform well on stage and people will like your stuff, and you will get opportunities. Its definitely WAY better to spend the money jamming and improve your tightness as a band. The results are much more promising.

Lastly this is what i think, if you've got a shot at something, make sure its the best performance and make it impact-full.

Just my 0.02132134589 cents
happy0158.gif

Cheers,
happy0180.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back