Two more snares for sale

Mike Sutcliffe

I thought I'd list the next couple of snares I have for sale here, rather than eBay.

First up is this great 6.5x14 Pork Pie BoB (Black chrome on Brass). This is a great drum, in very good condition. It's just simply bigger than I need for any venue I'm playing right now. This drum has been kept in a lined case in a humidity-controlled room since I got it, so the chrome and shell are both in brilliant condition.

The batter head also has heaps of life left in it.

This drum has a great big fat sound, so if your playing metal, rock or blues, this might just be the snare you've been dreaming of!

I'll let this one go for $280.

P1000126.jpg

The next snare is one that's going to become increasingly rare over the years, as Yamaha have now discontinued their signature models, as far as I know. This is the Anton Fig Signature snare.

This snare is just a little smaller at 6x14, but this one features wood hoops. (I put brand new ones on at a cost of over S$300, as the old ones had taken a bit of a beating). I also replaced the snare strainer with an original Yamaha one, as it had become too pitted to be pretty any more. There's also some minor pitting on the lugs, as you can see in the images, but from a distance, you can't see this, and it certainly doesn't affect the sound of the drum.

The design is very clever, as it has cutaways in the hoops, so it'll fit into a standard snare stand, despite having large wooden hoops.

This is another huge-sounding snare, one that makes bass players turn around and go "whatthef***?" And again, as much as I hate to see it go (and I really do), it's just not getting the playing time that it should.

As you can see, the head on this drum is also in great shape.

Given the amount I've already got in this drum, I'm asking $600 for it. These are 450-600USD on eBay (before shipping), so I think this is a reasonable deal. Hopefully it'll go to someone else who'll love it.

If you're interested in either of these snares. Please contact me on 9796 9363. The snares will be available in the Tanjong Katong area. Cheers.

UPDATE: Looks like the BoB will be heading over the Causeway after Hari Raya, so that just leaves the Anton Fig to go...

Maybe the price seemed a little high at $600, so how about I reduce it by $100?

So this now-discontinued and highly sought-after drum can be yours for $500. Sound fair? As usual, if you have any questions, let me know on 9796 9363.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back