The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

When the Germans scored, I celebrated with a "GOAAAAAL!!" (4x of course )
But the other blocks were dead quite and i KNOW theyre watching the game too.
Hmmm... maybe England fans.

..............]

Again, it was eeriely quiet around these parts here when the Germans scored
... except for our household of course!!

Germany FTW!

the germans looking mighty strong!
:D

fglgerman.jpg

GERMANY INTO THE SEMI-FINALS over 4-0 Win against Argentina!

Wow!

Yup! GERMANY!!!! GERMANY!!!!GERMANY!!!!!

Hopefully they would do well in The Semi-Finals...

Amazingly Netherlands got a win over Brazil....Wow!

99 Luft Balloons Go by!!!!!!!!!

She's A Model And She's Looking Good!!!!!

AAAAAAAhhhhh....Kraftwerk, Nena, Nina Hagen, ATB, Sandra, Michael Cretu....Great Music brewed in German Recording Studios!!!!!

Don't forget Scorpions....:p

Der Germans have been WUNDERBAR so far!

In this WC, they tend to demolish teams IF they score first. When the opponents try to look for an equalizer, they will hit them hard with swift and effective counter-attacking game. Australia, England and Argentina...all suffered that same fate.

But...the situation could be very different if their opponents score first. Germany's loss to Serbia was an example. The Serbs stunned the Germans with the first goal. And then Germany's fluid football became disarray and patchy, and even got a player sent off, while trying to search for an equalizer.

I can't wait for the Germany vs Spain semis.

Der Germans have been WUNDERBAR so far!

In this WC, they tend to demolish teams IF they score first. When the opponents try to look for an equalizer, they will hit them hard with swift and effective counter-attacking game. Australia, England and Argentina...all suffered that same fate.

But...the situation could be very different if their opponents score first. Germany's loss to Serbia was an example. The Serbs stunned the Germans with the first goal. And then Germany's fluid football became disarray and patchy, and even got a player sent off, while trying to search for an equalizer.

I can't wait for the Germany vs Spain semis.

huh? didnt Klose get sent off first AND THEN the serbs scored?

For Spain its going to be very different. The Germans need to score first against Spain, because Spain are a side that keep the ball very very well. If Spain score first, they'll simply pass the ball around in neat triangles to make the Germans tired. Even with the tight marking on show against Argentina, i doubt they can retrieve the ball as easily. And don't forget that the Spanish defence is also quite a bit better than the Argentinian defence. This one is so close i really can't call it. All i will predict is that the team that scores first wins. As for Uruguay vs Netherlands............well...........i think its pretty much a Netherlands vs Spain/Germany final. Whoever wins the Spain/Germany match should win the final, barring injuries/suspensions to key players.

spain overrated lar. spain is basically another england but with individuals who are more skilful than england. but ultimately just a bunch of individuals put together. unlike germany, who plays as a TEAM.

Germany has always function as A Unit in different competitions throughout the footballing world. That's why I always have them as a staple favorite along side - inregards to this world cup, Argentina. That's why it pleases me that even though Maradona's boys lost, they lost to a brilliant footballing team. I always believe if you're gonna lose, at least lose to a better Man.

FGL has some serious foresight.. he should have brrn the choice for Liverpool's managerial job. He has an aerial view, he's got 'em Bird's Eye peas :)

Prediction time! So far nobody got any right. Comon guys! Last 3 matches before we all go into football withdrawal until the EPL starts.

For the fun of it, I'll throw in 2 x Mcdonalds Set Meal (Upsize) of your choice delivered to ONE correct entry who can predict both matches correctly before Wed 07/07/10 2.30AM. Entry will NOT BE counted if the post is edited or posted after that time. If there are multiple winners then I'll just have to pick one winner randomly.

Your Predictions for the semi's please.
Full 90 mins prediction only. HT/FT score have to be spot on.
Just copy and paste with your scores filled up in your post.

My treat!
Good Luck!

==============================================================================
WORLD CUP 2010 SEMI - FINALS

Kick Off Time
Wed 07/07/10
2.30AM

URUGUAY VS HOLLAND

HT __ - __ / FT __ - __

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kick Off Time
Thu 08/07/10
2.30AM

GERMANY VS SPAIN

HT __ - __ / FT __ - __

============================================================================

Last edited:
I'll get the ball rolling then.

================================================= ============================
================================================== ============================

Kick Off Time

URUGUAY VS HOLLAND

HT 0 - 1 / FT 1 -2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kick Off Time
Thu 08/07/10
2.30AM

GERMANY VS SPAIN

HT 1 - 1 / FT 3 - 2

================================================== ==========================

Kick Off Time

URUGUAY VS HOLLAND

HT _0_ - _0_ / FT _0_ - _1_

Kick Off Time
Thu 08/07/10
2.30AM

GERMANY VS SPAIN

HT __1 - _0_ / FT __2 - _0_

Come on people, Choose your poison!
It's not everyday you get a chance to get free stuff on soft.
hehe

4762867455_a9b3fa0e6e_b.jpg

2 X upsized meals of your choice up for grabs! I think they still have those coca cola glasses per upsized meal as well

Last edited:

Kick Off Time
Wed 07/07/10
2.30AM

URUGUAY VS HOLLAND

HT _0_- _0_ / FT _0_ - _2_

Kick Off Time
Thu 08/07/10
2.30AM

GERMANY VS SPAIN

HT _1_ - _1_ / FT _3_ - _1_

================================================== ==========================

Back