Tabs or feel?

sidmontu

You guys drum by feeling or actually consider looking for tabs? Like for me, when my band decides to jam some song, I normally look for a tab first, and then add my own touches from there onwards. But now that mxtabs is gone, where the heck can I get accurate and extensive drum tabs??? Or should I just heck it and follow my intuition? :p

hmm i used to do that too...look at the tab and add some touches..hmm try 911 tabs...or u can also try tabhall..but i think they are not as accurate as mxtabs though...

sadded mxtabs is gone :(

actually you should use both i feel, you can make up someting called a lead sheet which shows okie after the 1st chorus of A section we stop on the 2 of the 8 bar kinda thing. just a reference. but u shld be able to feel the 8 bars.
the lead sheet will also tell you the tempo-up beat rock ard 140 for example or shuffle at 140. sometimes u may never have heard the song before or ur sitting in for a drummer who cldn't make it

heh obviously feel is good, but sometimes just not able to figure out from the tab and what you feel might be what the original drummer felt :p like for e.g., i had problems figuring out parts from the song "RHCP - Don't Forget Me (Slane Castle Live)". What Chad Smith did left me stunned. He played the whole damn song as if he's feeling it, and to me, some of the parts can't be figured out ^^ so i just whack anyhow bah :D

Mostly feels + song at 0.6x with tabs as reference for important parts.

Fills in to me should be 'felt', but if it's some really complicated stuff or is something I don't understand, then I cheat and look at tabs :p Other stuff can be heard at 0.6x speed, so I learn that way.

TequilaSunrise said:
Mostly feels + song at 0.6x with tabs as reference for important parts.

Fills in to me should be 'felt', but if it's some really complicated stuff or is something I don't understand, then I cheat and look at tabs :p Other stuff can be heard at 0.6x speed, so I learn that way.

How do you slow the song to 0.6x the original speed?

I have a program that can slow songs to 1/8 of its original speed, that's what I use to transcribe songs... but I have no idea where to get, my friend sent me the files... if I find out I will post.

Funkifized said:
I have a program that can slow songs to 1/8 of its original speed, that's what I use to transcribe songs... but I have no idea where to get, my friend sent me the files... if I find out I will post.

k thx! think that'll really help in figuring out some of the songs we jam

Windows Media Player is capable of changing speeds of all songs, and some movies. So if you want to say learn some grossingly fast song, then you can use that function under:

View -> Enhancements -> Play Speed Settings

Latest posts

Back