"swee lee is ripping us off" (update)

hahahhaha.. maybe they daren't to post it in Swee Lee's Thread? hahhah.. aiya.. boycott here or there, i notice ppl only say say here lar.
If so easy to boycott, then erm... Dr Chee won't get into so much problem lor. During my time hor, so many ppl say boycott Mcdonald lah..now ppl also patronise.. Haiz... but this is a forum right? Just for most of us to wank our fustration rite? Wank wank liao, go back to normal life and pretend nothing happen... :) that's life ya? ehehheheh

totally agree.... no action being taken and i guess
everyone is not cohesive in action when talk about Boycott....
8)

no action need be taken... thats why its called a boycott.

no need to muster up every musician in singapore either. just me myself not patronise them anymore is my way of telling them they suck. and now at least i know i'm not the only one here who feels that way.

To each their own... I go to Davis to get my DR bass strings, Guitar Connection and Davis as well for my guitar parts... But if I need something fron Swee Lee, well, I get it there. Simple. But about Yamaha... Hmmm just compare their D'Addario strings pricing with Swee Lee and you'll know why I seldom visit them. I get what I need, no need to bother too much about other things.

I mean its funny how we don't bug Metro or Giordano to try their merchandise every now and then when Hush Puppies or something comes out with a new model. Is that why the staff there are more friendly? At least probably because I don't visit guitar shops to try out basses for 1/2hr each time like so many others I spot everytime i'm there :) I mean I do try, when I want to get the thing... I won't try if i'm getting it next month, coz if its not there by then, whats the point? Again, like some fellow players I know who do that. I guess i'm not thick-skinned, the most I'll do is ask price. Specs I will check online and I view user reviews.

But if I do have a question, I ask nicely and I get answers. If you ask the right people of course, those who don't know better will tell you nonsense. I really don't see big problems anywhere in any music shops in SG, probably I SHOULD drop by once a week to piss them off and see what happens :)

I guess its attitude. When I was younger I had this 'I won so and so band competition' attitude, and it doesn't help, seriously. They don't care, probably they have regular gigs every night earning 3K a month to bother about your rockstar attitude with your one-time $1k endorsement. Act like a humble human and you get what you want. Isn't that the whole point? Getting what you want?

Play more music and whine less people. Including myself.

Jacksons used to be 'controlled' :roll: by CitiMusic. Maybe some left overs there u can check it out? Then u see their service good or not. hahahahahh

Boss pedals can can be found in Davis leh...

So u beri poor meh? :lol:

I used to work for a certain shop which sold music equipment. The deal i got there was, no commision, fixed pay. One day this kid came in and asked me about a cheap guitar. I gave him the full discount i was entitled to and let him decide. After pondering for minutes, he came to me and asked me:" Do you control the price?"

Genuinely, i was pissed at the question. I already gave him a full discount as i did with all my customers. This actually pissed my bosses off, but i did it anyway. And this jerk-face had the cheek to ask me if i CONTROLLED the price.

Anyway people, think about this: You set up a friggin business, you import mechandise, you sell it. You want to sell it at a loss or to break even? This is the message i'm getting from all of you. Its like you expect businesses to work for you 100%. without giving anything to them. Profit margins are there for a reason. Mature people will know that it takes alot of costs to run an operation like Swee Lee. Just look at how many sales staff they have.

Prices are Percieved Values. You think its too high? Go elsewhere and look for options. Dont whine FFS. Businesses need to survive. We don't need the gear as badly as they need to sell it. How many of you play music full time here?

I totally agree with that. No use also.. U want to boycott also U won't gain a single cent. Die die also, later U have to go to Swee Lee to get certain stuff that U can't get anywhere..

For eg; My dream is to own a Pearl Masterworks set. The pinnacle of drum craft next to Tama and DW. Since Swee Lee is the only dealer for Singapore, I have to go through them to order and all that. Fair enough that the service will not be perfect and all that but we have to make do with what we have.

And also, its not that we have to go to Swee Lee everyday unless u work in a shop that's opposite Swee Lee and U hate that shop so much that U wanna burn it down. Most to most, drop for a visit once a month and then FO..

So IMO, there's no need for all this boycott stuffs and all that..

And that's just my opinion. :)

Hmm...been there a couple of times...haven bought anything from there yet but their attitude has certainly improved...more friendly now...

As for boycotting there is no point really...they are after all the biggest music shop on this island and brings in the stuff u want.....its something like the SBS and SMRT...they are going to raise the fare price again....are u goin to boycott it and not take the public transport? Its impossible cos they are only one who brings u the transport service unless (u have a car)...haahah..Its a lan lan situation...Jus live with it ...haha.... :roll:

no. ya are missing the point.

i agree with brother 3notesabar.

we sit here , typing in front of a computer screen , whining about how certain local dealers like tt , like this , high prices , super expensive , ultra bad service.

we gotta realise something. for every bad dealer there is out there, there are equally bad customers.They need us to buy their stuff. we need them to supply us our gear. it works both ways. if you really arent happy about it, order online.

stillwater said:
City Music retails Japanese Jacksons at HALF the price of Swee Lee's you know...

hahhaha. ok lah, try ordering more Jackson from City Music and see how lor.. U dunno meh, they are clearing their stocks so badly, that's why half price mah. Most of them already hanging there since at least 3 years ago lor.. cos Swee Lee already got the dealership for Jackson that many years liao. Ey..ey.. U really only see a meter away from ur foot step har?

hahahahahha

tdtdh

shred5 said:
I totally agree with that.

I agree with u. the thing is that, its all up 2 the people where they shuld go and get their stuff. good or no good, its still up to whoever have the money.

like Donald Trump always say, ITS JUST BUSINESS, NOTHING PERSONAL.

the high prices to sustain a business i can understand. just that i look at the price i'm paying as a value i, as a customer, am getting in retun for my buck.

charging a high price for the sole purpose of sustaining a business and leaving your customers unhappy just seems like the olden days of doing business, before customer satisfaction became a reality know wat i mean?

then there are other businesses out there that strive to give the best value to their customers, like Sheng Siong for example or Looi's Motor for the motorcyclists. I know its taking it out of the music context but its all business.

if Swee Lee could put in that effort to maintain good customer relationships and basically become a more customer-oriented system, i would willingly pay more.

not rebutting anything man... just 2 sides of the coin here.

Latest posts

Back