Swee Lee - can't be bothered !!.

Actually, I don't think it's anyone's fault the strings are rusty. They are made of steel afterall. It's the packing adopted, non air-tight paper packaged strings are very vulnerable. Even I have less that 6 months on the shelf strings starting to rust already, never take out before too.

Iron/steel based strings gives good tone, but they practically start having a chemical reactiong with moisture in the air once they are produces. Imaging Signapore having a air humidity level of 80% or more very often, so you can't really blame it on old stocks. Unless even the paper becomes brown..... hmmm..... possible.

Ah... Thanks mikemann... Have you tried placing dehumidifiers (ie Thirsty Hippo! There's also re-usable dehumidifier units sold at Challenger and Home-fix?? at $20) near the strings?

These are measures that could probably extend the shelf life of the strings... Placing strings away from customers (not saying that you should hide them! lol), and using dehumidifiers.

hahhhaha.. I can't imagine Swee Lee having Dehumifiers next to the strings section!! That would be so unlike of them! :)

To think that a guitar shop will call back after they take down your particulars is like dreaming of a guitar shop from heaven. Luther, Davis, Swee Lee, never ever got a call back. Maybe if you buy a 3000 dollar gibson you'd get that call.

I think a lotta people know about my troubles with sweelee before..numerous posts...but sometime back..I went to sweelee just before the sale...and I was pleasantly surprised...

The service was top notch....

When I stepped in the Lady Manager personally greeted me and asked what I was interested in...then she immediately got out all the pedals I asked for and started finding batteries.She then called on one of the salespeople from inside to assist me in more technical matters(I think his name was Jason-i dunno ,dun really remember..tall guy tho)He then let me choose any guitar I wanted and i tried out 6 pedals over one hour...without any interference...the guy just told me I will be there(points) if u need me...

I was very happy....Points to sweelee to have improved their service.

I think its times when the place is really crowded,that the staff get a lil irritable..and maybe you cant blame them..Im sure there are always a lot of bad customers....

but even at the most demanding of sales...I have always found Kalai to give very good service..and service with a smile if i may add....

Frankly I think that during busy hours..they are just understaffed. :lol:

As for call backs..I dunno one store who does that...had the same experience with EVERY store in Singapore....so I leave that outta my comparison.

cheers :lol:

i sent my bass for repairs there. and all they did was raise the action to reduce fret buzz. who's with me to boycott them!

You weren't expecting them to crown the frets were you

But yeah, my noobling self actually brought my RG to there to help reduce the buzz and help fix the trem, they just messed it up like hell. The guy doing the repairs, no offence, but i think i know more about floating trems than him, and he was so damn rough!! But then i met shredcow and .. aha!

Human connection is a very intriguing affair. When someone barks at you, your mood will be spoiled, and then you won't treat others well as well. We humans are like magnets.
I believe in every company, the bosses do play a large part in the eventual playout of customer service. When the bosses continously bark at their staff for every trivial issue, the staff won't give out good customer service too as their moods have been damaged.
This is what i encountered when i was staying in Australia. People were just naturally nicer and bosses seldom pick out on their staff unless the issue is something of great importance. And even so, they would point out their facts clear enuff for their staff to understand. That's why the customer service there is naturally better.
But here in Singapore, there seems to be this "militant" aspect of pushing, barking and straining that is what asian society seems to be based on. The eventual outcome is as expected bad customer service or pretentious ones (we do it becos we have to, not becos we really want to!!).
Human connectivity shouldn't be one that is done due to stressful agendas or rules but one that does come from within (our emotions and feelings!). People who talk to someone who really cares can feel that presence on the person, and naturally, attraction would happen (no dirty thots pls!!!).

That lady manager at Swee Lee was rude to me several yrs ago. "Can u ask somebody else?!" was her irritated reply to my bass strings query.

Swee Lee main business is distribute audio and sound system regionally,
they ship cargos of music equipment to Indoesnia, Vietnam, etc.
not this shop to feed tha family.

The showroom is to show their presence, that's all.
So needless to say, don't expect good service.

They are the sole distributor of brands like Roland, Fender, Gibson, etc.
Consumer has to see their face.

yeah yeah they still do tt to me once in a while, always this lady doing the paperwork at the cashier area, freaking annoying. even at other companies they'll get another person to tend to ur needs...

newbie100 said:
The showroom is to show their presence, that's all.
So needless to say, don't expect good service.

so being a regional distributor, having a showroom will inevitably lead to bad customer service?

to be honest, I think swee lee service has improved alot from say 15 years ago - much better these days .....

I dont like the leave yr bag at the corner area rule though ... alamak not say I can hide a strat in my briefcase or wat..hahha... :p

Back