Swee Lee - can't be bothered !!.

If there are any big shopping items i would get, i'd most probably get myself on a budget airline to hong kong and do my shopping at Tom Lee there. The "HQ" outlet is so much bigger, with a wider selection of instruments and better prices.

Yea.. Prices are competitive for certain brands and models, those, can't really be helped. But for others, some of which you can get for cheaper than what you can get in SweeLee. But the main attraction is the selection offered. It's really that much bigger and enticing. Not to mention the sales people who don't bitch if you pick a Gibson Les Paul Supreme off the rack yourself to examine, or even plug one into the amp to try.

Sounds good! I might consider that sometime. But being in a foreign country on your own, a useless helpless cow, kinda weird ain't it?

It's just like Singapore there man. Only a tad bigger. I doubt you'd have problems getting around. Besides, you don't even need to be there for more than a day. Go in the morning, take the evening flight back.

Good luck then :lol:

You can really start exercising your survival skills by feeding on lizards :wink:

Hmm..... I heard camel also produces milk too. Good quality stuffs..... wah lun..... now I wish I was a camel too......hahaha :lol: :lol:

One thing for sure, camel makes ciggrettes......hahaha.....lol.

ehhh..... I tink off topic already...... sorrie..

Try to look for stuff in Thailand or Indonesia when you're on vacation :)

SGD is stronger than Rupiah (I think baht as well), and operations cost is cheap, so you could most probably get a gd deal... haha

Check this Indon site www.guitarjoy.com out!

Well Mikemann, CRM softwares don't solve anything. They assist in CRM issues... CRM is a philosophy and culture businesses today have to adopt in order to attract and retain customers... If you have the right mindset on how to go about with your customers, you don't need CRM software at all (I tried the CRM function in Microsoft Business Solution-Navision, it's kinda rigid)

About the customer service at Swee Lee, I guess that is pretty natural. Sometimes they have the right people to serve you, sometimes they don't. Remember that it's not a guitar store (ie Davis), but a musical instruments store (ie Yamaha, but Yamaha is a music sch as well). They have loads of other things to attend to. Maybe they should have customer feedback?

I guess the strong control Swee Lee has over the local market has a backlash effect on themselves... No strong competition, hence the inconsistency in customer service... Lying in their laurels.. hmmph!

fgl said:
SOFTIES who go 2 KL...the fender dealer there is Bentley Music and Gibson dealer - Wong Fatts...much better selection of spare parts but be prepared to pay premium prices...

Apparently, I've learnt that Woh Fatt is no longer the dealer for Gibson... They've lost the dealership to Swee Lee. So I guess it's time to grab all the remaining spareparts they have in the shop for a good price now as in near future, they might be actually drawing their new line of Gibson's products from Swee Lee too.. or maybe they might not even considering doing it anymore.. :cry:

Regarding the rusty strings found in Swee Lee, I guess that's got nothing to do with old stock but rather the way they store the strings...

In their stores, the strings are too accessible, and with the high human contact, moisture from the breath and palms are bound to affect the condition of the strings... And sometimes customers have to rummage for what they want.

They should learn from Davis... Place the strings AWAY from customers!

They should learn from Davis... Place the strings AWAY from customers!
hahahahhha... if they do that, i guess there is going to be more complaints abt them here... hehehehhhe...

I think not... The condition of the strings will be better... Also, the guys will have to do their work. Why should customers be left to rummage thru the string packages and jeopardise the condition?

Sure, a lot of us are turned off by Davis' prissy attitude, but both Davis and customers benefit in the long run. Just think about it. The CASUAL ppl (the ones who try try but don't have the true intentions of buying at all) should really stop it.

Back