Swee Lee - can't be bothered !!.

Even so... would you rather jack up the price of custom shop fenders and give discounts on strings, or give discounts on Custom shop Fenders and jack up strings to $8.50?

Most of the strings i see people buy are from Davis. Swee lee? I dunno, but they seem to be concentrating on other things. Hence the old stock assumption.

Hmm

As for my personal experience, Swee Lee BB people are generally nicer to speak & get info. They are really kewl peepz who is willing to help offer some good advices.

As for Swee Lee Sims Drive, I called to book a jamming studio on a Thurs morning & this uncle told me cannot book, then I stunned. I thanked him & put down the phone. Later in the noon, I tried my luck again & its another guy speaked up the phone & I did a booking thru him successfully. So I'm lyk "Woot!?!"

I wld definitely still go back to Swee Lee.

hmmmmm... so far i've got no complaints abt swee lee's service. i guess its how u approach the ppl there. but here are a few pointers, look for adam or kalai, they are the friendliest there. and if i want to enquire abt something, i'll usually e-mail them, they get back to me with the info within 2 days.

string wise, i dun think they are old stock, coz their daddario's xl are usually out of stock. so i would go to ranking, their neighbour. its $5, same price. ive had instances when i got rusty sets of fender strings from them, got them changed, but have to provide the receipt.

the strings are swee lee, whether old or new stock, are usually rusty...i've seen the condition of the strings beside the pick counter too many times to have any more hope of finding a fresh pack...even the packaging is rotten, go davis or ranking, at least they are in good condition. yea, i have little expereince with swee lee, so this is about as far as i can say regarding strings...:)

i rather go small shops which have better service and staff if really no choice then go swee lee but all music is under swee lee ? no?

have no idea about that but definitely the main swee lee have a lot to learn with regards to customer service attitudes despite their number of years in business

i remember in july 2003 i was looking for some tama double pedal and they said they wud call me when it came...............................they are yet to call me.

Hmm

lars_ulrich said:
i remember in july 2003 i was looking for some tama double pedal and they said they wud call me when it came...............................they are yet to call me.

Maybe they are really busy & I noticed that their sales table alway v messy (both Bras Basah & Sims Drive). Guess they are quite dis-organized too. :(

It's only human not to remember things even last week.

I guess they could have a system to jot down customer queries on a notepad log. But who would be able to follow up so closely on cold leads and casual enquires.

So far maybe the big MNCs can afford & maintain CRM (customer relation management) computer softwares. Even such softwares requiring human action have plently of 'humanly' flaws.

Even I would forget what I converse with a customer just earlier this afternoon, unless it's a very HOT lead.

So guys, you should ask yourself this, unless you yourself can give this kind of commitment, is it fair to ask of such commitment from another human???

The fairer solution is to ask when is the next possible shipment, and follow up YOURSELF when the time comes. If they can't give you a specific timeframe, just make a choice whether to pursue the same dealer at a later date, find another source or find another alternative.

I'm basically saying, look here, you are the one looking for the item, not the dealer. So it's only fair that you yourself do the ground work. Dealers have their own adgenda to fullfill, not just one isolated order. If they were to follow up closely any casual enquiry, then they will go bust very soon. Because "MOST" casual enquiry are just so, CASUAL, not serious.

Unless you put your deposit money in their cashier, and already confirmed a order. Then it warrants a mandatory follow-up.

A viewpoint from within.

It's only human not to remember things even last week.

I guess they could have a system to jot down customer queries on a notepad log. But who would be able to follow up so closely on cold leads and casual enquires.

So far maybe the big MNCs can afford & maintain CRM (customer relation management) computer softwares. Even such softwares requiring human action have plently of 'humanly' flaws.

Even I would forget what I converse with a customer just earlier this afternoon, unless it's a very HOT lead.

So guys, you should ask yourself this, unless you yourself can give this kind of commitment, is it fair to ask of such commitment from another human???

The fairer solution is to ask when is the next possible shipment, and follow up YOURSELF when the time comes. If they can't give you a specific timeframe, just make a choice whether to pursue the same dealer at a later date, find another source or find another alternative.

I'm basically saying, look here, you are the one looking for the item, not the dealer. So it's only fair that you yourself do the ground work. Dealers have their own adgenda to fullfill, not just one isolated order. If they were to follow up closely any casual enquiry, then they will go bust very soon. Because "MOST" casual enquiry are just so, CASUAL, not serious.

Unless you put your deposit money in their cashier, and already confirmed a order. Then it warrants a mandatory follow-up.

A viewpoint from within.

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
lars_ulrich said:

Maybe they are really busy & I noticed that their sales table alway v messy (both Bras Basah & Sims Drive). Guess they are quite dis-organized too. :(

hello? its been over 2 yrs now....

mikemann said:
... find another source or find another alternative..

Nice points there. But geez. Finding another source of the goods which Swee Lee carries, is like. Finding Kryptonite. They control the major brands into Singapore. Its like, either we get it from them, or we do unorthodox methods. But that sucks, cos when they run out of stock, they only restock annually, where they ship a shtload to save on shipping costs.

Well my message is, with Swee Lee, being the controller of the trade monopoly of musical instruments, we either buy from them, or have no choice but gas. :S .

PS : There are other alternatives too, but would you take the chance?

Did you try to call them back to ask again?

Actually I also pester my distributor for some products which is outta stock too. Shipments are always a bitch, they have to coordinate a container full of stuffs, very often they will miss out on singular order items like replacement parts. Happens all the time. I also face this. Still waiting for a drum hardware part to come too, even when they already come 2 round of the same brand items already.

I keep pestering, till one fine day, I see it display on their rack and I also not informed. Have to grab it before they sell it off again. It's always like that, human mah.
A lot of time, it's the manufacturer at fault. Cause the order already punch in, but they also missed out. Or they also no stock, or no manpower to tend to it, some could not even be bothered for an isolated item......etc.etc...... so many factors.

Sometime, when opportunity comes, the window is very short. When window close, dunno when will open again. So be alert and prepared to grab it when it's hot.

Haha well said. But I notice the goods that are hot, you either get them during non-peak sale periods during the year, or risk them being unavailable by waiting for the sales.

Sorta, buy before it flies. or something.

When they outta stock, really if you need that particular item. Sometime have to import it in yourself from Net sources or a dealer's network. This is the consumer rights, even if they have distribution rights, this should outweighs that. Because you are acting on their failure to produce as a dealer.

Alternative, means to find and accept readily available items. May be slighty different in performance and feel, but still the next better option, like we say, an alternative.

SOFTIES who go 2 KL...the fender dealer there is Bentley Music and Gibson dealer - Wong Fatts...much better selection of spare parts but be prepared to pay premium prices...

Yeah but there was this time when there really was no alternative, sometime back early this year when Swee Lee ran out of Boss distortion pedals. So did every other place in Singapore.

It suddenly became like Ds-1 fever in Singapore, but so hard to get. Shipment didn't come till MONTHS later. Clearly there was huge demand, but I wonder why they didn't opt for a faster shipment to cope with the demand..

Back