Suggestions for cheap and good guitar for overall use.

Display sets are normally selling stock anyway. And logically should be pre setup already done. Or already inspected for it's features and condition. A shop will normally only allow testing of display sets under supervision of staff only, to ensure stock is maintained properly.

Note not all shops will do that, some just put a guitar straight to the display.

Whereas, a new from box guitar, you dunno if it need to be setup, adjustment or un-inspected condition. Especially more so for low cost guitars.

All subjective lah, just weigh out your priority and buy from which suits you best.

I noticed that most of the guitars on display at SL are not setup properly for customers to try out...very high action...doesn't do the guitar pieces and us customers justices 8O I feel those at G77, LM and RS are done somewhat more proper.

There are options like the Craftsman's strats, Yamaha's Pacificas, starter packages or consider a 2nd-hand from Luther's classifieds.

my advice is... save up some more and get a better guitar... a jem jr is a good choice... if more to LPs, theres always the epiphone for you... start with a good guitar if u dun mind waiting a while longer...

i bought a samick at arnd 140... then had to save for ages before i cud get a new guitar... not to mention the heartache in seeing a fren with a jem jr as his first guitar...aaarrgghhh!! the pain!!

still juz my 2cents worth...

ups for ur hunt...

I thinking of selling off my JEM-JR... which I don't recommend for new users.

Get something with other bridge than the ILT1 on the jem-jr..

I think at SL sales you can get Epiphone LP around your budget

my advice is... save up some more and get a better guitar... a jem jr is a good choice... if more to LPs, theres always the epiphone for you... start with a good guitar if u dun mind waiting a while longer...

i bought a samick at arnd 140... then had to save for ages before i cud get a new guitar... not to mention the heartache in seeing a fren with a jem jr as his first guitar...aaarrgghhh!! the pain!!

still juz my 2cents worth...

ups for ur hunt...

i'd go with the cort x2 also, its a good beginner guitar, and its sturdy and it will last, 24 frets, how many more can you ask for, and the red is juz really red

Back