Stratovarius - underlooked???

Quite possibly yes.

Their music is excellent. Too bad members keep coming and going, but oh well. Personal favourites: Eagleheart, Hunting High and Low, Black Diamond and I Walk To My Own Song.

And, um, Nightwish still rules. =P

From their site..

:D What does Stratovarius mean?

Stratovarius as a name doesn't mean anything. It is a cross between the words Stratocaster, which is a well known model by the guitar manufacturer Fender and Stradivarius, which is a famous violin type.

Oh yeah! I was right about the Fender part!!! yay!!!! :lol: Odd they don't play Fenders yet name their band after one of the most reknown guitar models in the world, eh. 8O

Praetorian said:
Yes, excellent songs. Might I reccomend you Nightwish? I know, I know, this is a Stratovarius thread... but still :oops:

gotta check that ... rhapsody also good ... just love these scandinavian theme bands

i love:

4000 Rainy Nights
Shattered
Eagleheart - seen the video...it's a little funny the way they stand around and stare at the camera.
Black Diamond
Hunting High and Low
Against the Wind
Cold Winter Nights
Speed of Light
Alpha & Omega
Millennium
Forever

the other songs are also good to listen...well..their lyrics are very inspirational!

Mr_KeyboardMan said:
Praetorian said:
Yes, excellent songs. Might I reccomend you Nightwish? I know, I know, this is a Stratovarius thread... but still :oops:

gotta check that ... rhapsody also good ... just love these scandinavian theme bands

I kinda like rhapsody more. Them being Italian and all.

AiraTekkan said:
Eagleheart - seen the video...it's a little funny the way they stand around and stare at the camera.

I know, I seen it, and personally I thought it was a hardcore budget music video. But it was cool anyway. I mean, hey, it IS Stratovarius after all :D

Finally! There is a God after all!!! Hahahaha!!!!
Good on you, momo. Thought I was the only Nightwisher here.

*has evil intentions of hijacking this thread and turning it into a nightwish thread* :twisted:

LOL...dont hijack la..stratovarius is cool too..u could start a new thread hehe. saw ur nightwish cover band ad..wish i could join, unfortunately theres duplication me play guitar too..good luck with it anyhow :D

Doesnt matter dude. We can always work in another guitar. Octaves sounds fun. Besides most Nightwish album releases have 2 guitars in them. Come Cover Me for instance. If you're stil interested, let me know.

dude.. are u guys like super motherf-ing pros or what man? never crossed my mind about doing that kinda shit... damn *throws guitar away*

by the way.. back to stratovarius please.. and i remind u again this is a stratovarius thread.. its like saying u have an apple in ur hand when its a banana... ok whatever u know.. just go jam ur little nightwish nursery rhymes..

dhalif said:
by the way.. back to stratovarius please.. and i remind u again this is a stratovarius thread.. its like saying u have an apple in ur hand when its a banana... ok whatever u know.. just go jam ur little nightwish nursery rhymes..

Dude, take it easy, man. I don't see why you're so worked up. It was just a little discussion. Chill.

Back