SOFT is going IPO

Newbie, newspaper is good, only thing is, "we need to find a way to do advertisement for low price aka free". method as elaborated by Cheez. :lol:

Cheez, ha..ha.. the link is my only weapon to get advertising dollar from them. i know this is a chicken and egg thing. no investment and yet expect returns. this is where creativity comes it. :smt118

Mr_X, paul gilbert did say 'hi' via video on SOFT. 8) you saw the video?

seekz, Newman or Maxim or FHM magazine - i like! :smt040 any spin doctor around to help me wipe up a potion?

Azaro, the objective of SOFT is for people who are interested in making music to come together. Listeners are the secondary market. would love to hear more about your ideas and suggestions.

mikemann, gig got many people doing already. if SOFT do it, kinda dilute the gig market? but we definitely support any organisers!

audio, the www.lioncitydiy.com people are really ON! i mean to create all those gigs, really much much more effort than me sitting behind the screen and clicking. for now, i want to try to remain online as much as possible. SOFT try not to replicate what the others are already doing cause it will only dilute the effort by the other organisations.

gordonzz, i am/will think very very hard about your radio suggestion cause i really need to be very careful with the bandwidth/file size issue. it does cost quite a bit of money to host/serve these huge files. it is a great idea and it is something that i have always wanted to do but lack the financial. i hope someone else could take up this idea and materialise it. :wink:

what if you guys create a gig which also promotes soft? like an intro to soft kind of gig. maybe there will be damn huge banners of soft and maybe u guys can promote your shirt and stuff over there? haha just an idea.

i mean like him(paul gilbert) participate actively in the forum, instead of just a video. But that will be tough. Orh maybe asking him to promote Soft.com.sg during the concert? he's coming down here sometime this year.

I think the idea of sending the links to the journalist is great. Soft.com.sg can dun organise their own gig, but maybe help out in the already on going gigs? Make use of such occasion to promote too. Orh during the gigs, after a band finished, talk to the band members lah. Give them the link or mr.soft's namecard. etc.

Mr_X said:
i mean like him(paul gilbert) participate actively in the forum, instead of just a video.

why not we focus more on local artists.
maybe once a week or once a month, we have a QnA session.(question and answer)
so in that session, SOFT will feature a particular band/musician.
then, members of soft can ask them questions and the band /musician will answer them. notice that i highlight "member". so, a fan of the artist have to sign up to SOFT in order to ask a question. therefor, the SOFT family will get bigger =>
-the disclaimer is that the band(maybe whole or juzz a member) haf to be online for the whole session. and they/he/she has to answer maybe A LOT of Qs.

so, in exchange, SOFT might feature the band's eps, stuff to promote the band.
then, i recall that james was trying out this sessions@SOFT.(sessions@aol) also another good idea to attract peeps.

as for gigs, there are already a lot of gigs around. the best is for soft to cover the gigs. give them reviews, take fotos, promote the gig.

any comments?

Since southeast CDC is colaborating with HeartRockSingapore's dream of promoting our very own breed of talents...

The thing is , if soft could provide Southeast CDC with musicians for it's Jazzpiration events and hopefully upcoming music events organised by the CDC in exchange for funding to promote this site...i think it would be a case of a WIN-WIN situation...

funding from the CDC means more $$$ for soft , more $$$ means more opportunities for promoting this site to the masses , more opportunities for promoting this sites means more members signing up for soft and more members signing up would make soft a MORE established website dedicated to local music....

so many good suggestions!!! if only i could execute all of them!

but, i took a baby step today. hee..hee... i went to promote SOFT at the guitar hub (Peninsula/Excelsior). Look out for SOFT posters all around.

super thanks to kerr from Guitar77 for introducing all his 'neighbours' to me. i tell you, if i were to go alone, i sure dare not speak or tell them about SOFT. surprisingly, they all know SOFT, wow! feel like superstar!!! haa..ha..haa..

got some very good suggestions from the shops too. watch out SOFTies, something is coming to this little screen soon. ok, better not say too much now.

places that i've visited today:
Guitar77
Living Strings
Luther Musicworks
Guitar Connection
Davis Guitar

hey satch, you were at Guitar77 jamming?

ha.haa... i tell you, today i met like 10 - 15 SOFTies and I am sooo happy. I should have taken my camera along and take pix with you guys! ha..ha.. (excuse for me to remember who i met) :oops:

yea, i was jamming there. with iyona87 and our band. u were chatting with kerr and rui?

remember???

Organise SOFT gigs at Paradigm or something. You know, sponsor gigs or create your own.

Or like, a gig by the beach. Get SOFTies to play... I'm sure they dont mind going it for free.

Also, you could get other music websites to put up SOFT banners.

I don't know if this is dumb or not but maybe we can have our own so called 'soft banner' . then those of us who have our own websites/blogs can actually put up the banner so more people will know about soft. :)

This sounds extreme but should be quite effective.

Go and public transport operator (MRT, SBS) and then advertise on the busses and trains lor. I mean, if you put a picture of a guitar or Joe Satch it'll most probably catch the attention of musicians who have yet to hear of SOFT. Haha.. expensive though..

release a soft.com.sg compilation album or something. so many people here surely got a lot of original works rite?

viper said:
I don't know if this is dumb or not but maybe we can have our own so called 'soft banner' . then those of us who have our own websites/blogs can actually put up the banner so more people will know about soft. :)

this is proven.. effecetive... i give my thumbs up to this...

for all the gigs you have, put soft in your flyers, stating for more info...

wangdexian said:
And while SOFTies are gigging, we can always give a shout out to SOFT...
"Hey guys remember to visit www.soft.com.sg , best music website in s'pore!!!" :lol:
WTML. Imagine people bouncing around going "hhhhheyyy~ guyysss!~ rreeemmmeemmberr toooo vviiissiiitt..." tt kinda thing.

And I think the online banners thingy is a good idea. =)

advertise in the following: New paper, ST... but of coz need $$

maybe write to ministry of arts & comm tat u want to promote local music let them sponsor u... every here need $$$ lah

Back