should i go for piezo?

Heavenscloud

Hey i'm getting my very first electric guitar and i don't want it to be a second hand. by budget's ranging from $800 to $1400. Was looking through the YAMAHA models and the RGX820 came to me. Was kind of cool, with piezo pickups that simulate an acoustic metal guitar. However, it costs the same as an IBANEZ JS100! Oh no.. should i go for looks or should i go for practicality? From what i know Ibanez guitars are usually expensive without a reason. And is YAMAHA a good brand? PLease help!

Get a Godin

Why don't you get a Godin? I heard that they have piezo and electric pickups too. Bubbles, if you're reading this, kindly confirm?

Yo keep in mind that running piezos into an electric guitar amp won;t give u optimum results. Electric guitar amp speakers are colored to sound better for electric guitars, u'll want to either run a stereo output with the piezos either going into an acoustic amp or a PA.

Make sure that watever guitar u are getting, has a decent onboard preamp for the piezos. The extremely high impedence of piezos would mean the signal would degrade significantly through your cable without a buffer preamp.

i've got a yamaha AEX1500 jazzer..JS floating hum and piezos pickups

with both piezo and magnetic floater or just the magnetic alone thru an electric amp Tech 21 trademark 10 the difference is not so obvious , but thru an acoustic amp Ultrasound it is much clearer.. depends on ur amp..

i have tried plugging a godin lgx into both the electric guitar amp and the acoustic amp at the same time. It sounds as if there are 2 ppl playing. :wink:

creatures77 said:
i've got a yamaha AEX1500 jazzer..JS floating hum and piezos pickups

with both piezo and magnetic floater or just the magnetic alone thru an electric amp Tech 21 trademark 10 the difference is not so obvious , but thru an acoustic amp Ultrasound it is much clearer.. depends on ur amp..

The yammy has an active buffer between the piezo and magnetic? Else blending the 2 signals passively would almost render the piezo inaudible. The magnetic being much lower impedence would drown the piezo out.

piezo pickups eh?...
one question... what are they? i know the question sounds pathetic but i seriously havent heard of it before. im very blur at pickups so maybe some of u can enlighten me... hahaha...

First, get a guitar you like. Then install Graphtech Ghost piezo pickup. Not exactly cheap but you can get everything done under your budget.

You guys have been great! Thanks a zillion. What are some of the good guitars that you experts recommend? Under a thousand bucks? =)

Latest posts

Back