RocK in The School

budakbone

Hey GUys, I don't know if post it at the right place where anyway, my school wanted to make a so call concert in school hall but e problem is we do not have any amp that is loud enough for e whole hall to listen. Could u guys give some way so that this concert will works in a nice way???

I heard there is a special types of cable for guitar that instead of putting it direct to amp we plug it to e hall PA.....

PLS GUYS MAKE THIS CONCERT HAPPEN :cry: :cry:

Dude you need amp ...period... and mic it up !!

and rental is not ex especially if you specify its for school !! :D

Take the challange ...make it happen .... and you can tell your kids abt it !!!

you need to get some amps and mic it up to your PA system if im not wrong. normally thats what they do. but you need someone who's good in that field in order to obtain the best sounds. for the rental of amps and such, you can always head down to most jamming studios for they do provide rental of amps and the such. *nods*

I once perform in school before and they insist I use their PA system.. They shuld have the cable for that... They lend me theirs to use.. But one thing, they don't allow you to raise the volume any higher or the system might go BooM! Only a certain level only..

try to get approval for a budget from ur sch for this 1st.

u can go down to luther musicworks to ask about rental of equipments.

budakbone, can you list out ALL the equipment you have? from there, we will be able to help you find the missing pieces.

*sometimes, we have everything, just that we dont already know :wink:

Rental is the way to go. Include a soundman when you ask for a quotation. Do note the acoustics of a typical wooden hall with high ceilings really is bad.
School's PA System, can you really trust those speakers? They weren't made for live music rather public address.

last year, i performed during my school's teachers' day concert.

my friend used a 30 watt amp and i used a 50 watt amp.

both of us could be heard.

initially we wanted to hook it up to the PA system but something went wrong, then cannot.

just my 2 cents worth though.

Ard 2 guitar, 2 10 watt amp , 1 bass, no bass amp, mic ard 2..........in the hall has ard 6 socket for mic if im not wrong.

How much e rent for an amp?? my school, e principle doesn't support rock music i mean punk,hradcore and etc. i dun think they will sponsor much.its like u hav it u do it, u dun hav it u dun talk.

Last year we were stop half way coz houses bside our school complain of e loudness. So our teacher want to do it in hall now.

1. you will need a bass amp.

2. you can use the 2 x 10w amp. just need to mic up the amp.

3. since you have 6 mic inputs, just 3 for the guitar/bass amp.

4. you need to rent/borrow a drumset. dont need to mic it up coz it will be pretty loud and the level will be just nice for listening threshold.

anything i missed out?

btw, if your school got military band,
try to get drumsets from them, ask permission from the teacher i/c
thats what i did.
haha.
btw budakbone, mind me asking what concert youre gonna play for in school?

Try getting Sponsors from any jamming studios. or music stores.

You can ask them to sponsor as your school's principal don't support Loud Music and I know he/she won't come out money.

So yeah, get sponsors.

Tell the sponsor that, the studio name will be BIG BIG advertise in School.

Thats my 2 cents thought//

hehe...

think bass amp you could probably get from a jamming studio, as said earlier. you might be able to rent mics too, if you don't have enuf. where a drumset is concerned, worse case scenario if you cant get one, let me know. i'll either lend u mine (which isnt in a peachy condition) or help arrange one for free. pm-ed you my number, let me know.

okie abt this topic..i've organise 2 gigs in school b4..just sharing what i know..DI does not sounds tt good..some other pple in my school tt that and sounds horrible..

what i did was i got a letter of approval from my sch..pass it over to a Community center jamming studio chairman..den he spon me the amps..i just had to arrange transport for it...

i got a Marshall lead amp from them 50watts i think..loud till the roof also move..Bass amp also..and the drumset was also from them..

maybe u can approach some CCs for help. A fresh idea?..no one thot of CCs till now..anyway the CC near my school got jamming room one lei. Cool?..hahaha.

Now thats what i call an idea!!! which CC is this blackelements?

by the way, do many CCs help where organisation of gigs is concerned?

wonder is Tanah Merah CC or Siglap CC got jamming studio.....maybe call em' tmr

i think the CC at braddell might be able to sponsor. Cause they have roundbox there. Mr Roy(not xtreme-boy) runs the place and occasionally organises gigs for his students. He's a bloody nice guy who can play everything and sing. Plus he doesn't charge for his lessons. Hohoh!

Back