Recording studios in Singapore

Robin

Hey guys,

Too many recording studios in Singapore today & from samples I've heard, I'm sorry to say that most of the studio's in Singapore sound terrible. I personally write and produce stuff abroad and only a couple of studios come close to achieving good quality. For doin living music, there one place in McPherson (which Im not gonna name) at Tong Lee Building has the best drum sound as well as other live instruments. Its an ideal place for tracking but for mixing down, if U have money I suggest U bring Ur multitrack else where. Thats one studio thats more than value for money. If Ur doing Commercial stuff there's another place (which i m not gonna name) thats wherer dbs did "Life is Beautiful". Thats a good place to do programmed stuff. Lion's studio is pretty good too but a little expensive for local acts. The rest of them which start up with basic computer based multitracking and stuff sound bad. U can compare recordings. Its lack of exp from the engineers and also the limited audio toys that they use unlike the other studio where U actually use "real" gear. Anyway its up to each one to pick where they wanna do their stuff. Make sure U know the quality of sound U wanna achieve for Ur demo. Good day folks.

hi Robin, care to share with us which are the studios you worked with aboard? hopefully we will catchup to those standards soon. :wink:

Expensive ????

Hey guys,

....Lion's studio is pretty good too but a little expensive for local acts.....

Not nearly as expensive as you might think..... and right now we're also doing a Chinese New Year Special Promo.... works out at about 40% off our regular rate, but you need to get in before (or during) the holidays.... phone me on 64734677 or SMS me on mobile 82353733

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/Lion/lion.html

Lion Studio is 'pretty good'?

I guess that is a severe under statement!
I would think that Lion Studio is one of the best acoustically sounding studio that I've ever heard and probably the only good studios left in town that can record, mix & master an album that can be of international CD release standards.

In fact, I use their recordings as a reference to improve my own skills in mixing alongside with other reference CDs from Sheffield Labs & Reference Recordings.

Lion Studios expensive?

talking prices, last weekend we had a rock 'n' roll band in - with vocals - did 3 songs (multitracked). Including mixing & mastering it cost them all of $500. and sounded great. ....long as you're prepared & you know what you're doin'.....

Sure, we do some high end, relatively expensive stuff for international release, but that don't mean we can't do stuff for people on a tight budget too ...... whatever your budget ..... if you book in, we'll do the very best we can for you. Phone 64734677

hi john, do you have samplers of Lion Studios recording? or the rock'n'roll band one? the only lion studios recording I heard was Plainsunset's 1st album which I think was done in a rush or something.

thanks!

got, but if you wanna hear some samples then you need to come round here. Recordings are the property of the client, not Lion Studios. Recent commercial releases are Jazz or Jazz/Rock/Pop but aren't available in Singapore. If you look at our web page clients
there's a list of some of the artists we've worked with..... maybe you can find samples/previews on the net.

Last edited:
Hi John,

Sorry for disturbing you. I'm looking for a Recording Studio that gives reasonable charge for those with tight budget like me. I'm planning to
record some songs with my accoustic guitar and my voice for my
personal collection only. How much is the charge per hour?

With the tight budget, is it possible to have a qaulity result?

My pleasure to hear from you:)

Rgds,
JR

Musiczone and Roland Lim are the best I've got to suggest, for a reasonable budget of 2-2.5k, U get a Superb recording, mixing and mastering the whole process sound! :)

you gotta know where to go and not blame studios of being lousy, the price you pay is the sound you get. Good sound comes with a good price IMO

Cheers

1) i think big studios like pavane / lion may have.
2) find a loaded friend who has a grandpiano , then record yourself. or find me haha.
3) music schools ? like yamaha /cristofori etc. then negotiate? then record yourself again.

and v expensive.. maybe i should source for some of those churches with a nice sanctuary and a grand piano... like a 'live' sound.. heh

Back