Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

• Subaru Impreza WRX STi

• Hyundai Tuscani

• Total voters
Yeah....as we are in the same topic.... I'd also like to put down the same level the current Volkswagen Beetle. Overpriced with all the unnecessary features, ANOTHER AH BENG car!!!!!

Furthermore, a pain to own if you run into any major problem. I once saw a 'new generation' beetle LAID UP in my mechanic's workshop for 6 MONTHS due to the spare parts not available.

Dunno. My Sis works for Performance Motors, and the Mini, well, let's just say I'm in love with it.

Especially the black JCW one with racing stripes, chequered roof, Sparco racing seats, harman kardon speakers, 19 inch rims.

It's a beauty. That's my opinion, anyway. True, the Mini is no longer a mini, but hey man, i still love it.

:lol: :lol: Haha..... If you give me one free of charge, of course I'll take it in a jiffy. But I SWEAR, I will never part with my hard earned money for that kind of vehicle..... cheers 8)

I heard horror stories about performance motors, about vehicles spending more time in the workshop than on the road. Well, who ask them to sell 'performance' vehicles, sure to give 'perfomance' problem...hahaha..... That's old story, hopefully they bucked up.

then wat about d original mercedez? wat does it stand for? :roll: wat happened to merz now?

maybe mikemann thats juz ur preference..

and i tink u're not paying a mini for its name only..u're paying for so much more other than the name itself..there are so many differences between the old one and the new one...

no doubt its expensive but for some people they rather get the new one rather than the original one that u mentioned..

I like the mini..old and new

heehee.... I can put bonnet racing stripes, chequered roof, Sparco racing seats, harman kardon speakers, 19 inch rims in a TOYOTA COROLLA too what..........HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding...... :D

Oh.... the thing with Merc.

Yeah, I'd respect them without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, merc also evolve along a very long way. Today's merc shape has changed so dramatically that it's looks is very different from the past. But to me it still stands for roughly the same thing.

You see, merc kept evolving throughout the years, also implementing innovations with the generations. It's a car which is more true to me, evolving from a,b,c,d,e,f......... with the years.

Well, you take the beetle and the mini, what you get??? An evolution from a then jump to z!!! Where is all the in betweens???

It's like there is no handover from the originators to the next generation builders. Yucks, totally rebuilt from scratch is what I see.

heehee..... this is just my own personal sentiments, I respect all others who loves the new mini and beetle. No probs. If it's your car, of course you must love it too.

Ah.

You can, but a Corolla simply isn't mini. Plus, you can't put in a Superharger.

Corolla lacks the fun factor. :(

Oh eh dun just concentrate on this thread leh. Talk in the supercar thread also leh =P

heehee..... japan should have turbo & super charge mods for the corollas what.... not to mention NOS too...... heehee

It's just money, if you got it you can do whatever is possible. Just use back the car shell and dump the rest, totally custom spec the vehicle.....heehee

Actually I not sure too lah......I not car buff what....heehee :lol: :lol:

If I wanna play play. I'd custom spec up an ordinary car, which will still looks as much as an ordinary car to anyone. But they dun know what is under my bonnet.......Hahaha.... Then press one button, my dash board converts to racing mode with the works.....hahaha... Super, turbo, NOS......hahaha...

Just dreaming lah.....zzzzzz.....

actually... The cars are so expensive... whats the point.

even if you had the money to burn....

singapore roads arent for fast driving...drifting... normal commuting speed is around 100 - 120km/h on expressways... even a van can reach those speeds...
vans can go to 140-160km/h.

only specific dark ulu roads ..which trust me... the police already know about.
most cars on the road above 1300cc wont have trouble hitting speeds of 120km/h.

if you really want to play cars. invest 10k on a track car. Really just the shell and all the performance parts you can kram into it. NOS... super charger whatever you want. and drive faster with the safety of a roll cage and in worst case ...you only kill yourself.

As opposed to buying a $130,000 mini. ( which is rumoured to be a gay man's must-have ) for 130k you can buy a 350z which will get you twice BHP. 3.5litre V6. Porsche looks and japanese quality.

Ah yes, but the Mini is German. And it has the FUN factor. Oh well.

As for NOS and stuff, there's NOTHING you can do to your car in Singapore, and that SUCKS.

Get caught with NOS = confiscation of car, driving ban, fine, jail term.

Scary.

Praetorian said:
Ah yes, but the Mini is German. And it has the FUN factor. Oh well.

As for NOS and stuff, there's NOTHING you can do to your car in Singapore, and that SUCKS.

Get caught with NOS = confiscation of car, driving ban, fine, jail term.

Scary.

Mini is most certainly NOT German!

It's British and is still made in Britain at Oxford, despite the brand being owned by BMW.

ChanMin said:
As opposed to buying a $130,000 mini. ( which is rumoured to be a gay man's must-have ) for 130k you can buy a 350z which will get you twice BHP. 3.5litre V6. Porsche looks and japanese quality.

Hahaha.....that's a good one....hahaha... a gay man's must have.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ey not i say one ah ... i read it some where... i swear...
but its a cool car la the mini....

im getting a swift which is similiar to the mini cooper in design and performance.... just alot cheaper.

the STI has always won the EVO.
the evo 9 is like an evo 8 ... whats the diff... minor tweaks here and there... some fancy terms.. haiz... marketing is evil.

STi vs Evo now there's something to think about. Personally the Evo still wins.

It's the minor things that make the Evo IX so ugly. New front bumpers, and those two fog lamps or whatever, those two holes flanking the intercooler... ugh...

Evo VIII was so much better looking.

Back