Problems within the band and solutions

Band members not being punctual in most cases are due to a lack of motivation or drive. Playing in a band and working in a team are very similar. If there is really nothing to drive the band to be excited about jamming, and it has become a dreadful routine, though not spoken or expressed in other ways, it is about time the band really has to thrash things out. Playing for a gig, I perceived, is the greatest motivation to a band. Without it, morale drops, especially when guys had been around for quite a while. Then, one should look at why other bands are getting gigs and why you are not. Reasons... you did not market yourself well, two.. you are really not up to mark yet, three...thisw one you can't help it because there really isn't enough gigs out there to cater for the growing number of bands.

Just a general survey...

if your band is still active, when was it formed?

Don't bother to write it here cos I'll start a new thread insead of killing this one.

i faced many problems in the past that almost made me content to being a bedroom guitarist..stuff like band members late for jams, never learn stuff for covers, that is esp frustrating cos the drummer and i learned every single song and detail just hoping for an enjoyable jam and one member don't know his parts..in a studio time is money, can't afford to waste time explaining to him his parts..so the impt thing is, find band members who are really committed and passionate..

but commitment is 1 really impt thing la, in my previous band ah,only me and my guitarist really interested, the vox kana hooked up by WOW,the drummer kana kidnapped by alien[lost contact], really sad case man
but our previous vox got a very good attitude and is commited, but too bad his singing skill cant make it,right kx? hahaha :wink:

team work

for a young band to succeed, normally the friendship and bonding must be strong.

just study the case in US and UK bands, all normally know each other since teens.

Singapore hard becos once you reach 18, all go NS then SPLIT !!!

Back