Peavey Microbass amp 15Watt or 20Watt?

sLapshock

Do you know the price of both? Is it worth to get 20 WATT over 15 WATT? Because i believe in thigns like investibg more for a better thing. But if i really get 20W Microbass, what difference does it make compared to 15Watt other than its shape?

Anyway how much is 20W AND 15 wATT

sLapshock said:
Do you know the price of both? Is it worth to get 20 WATT over 15 WATT? Because i believe in thigns like investibg more for a better thing. But if i really get 20W Microbass, what difference does it make compared to 15Watt other than its shape?

Anyway how much is 20W AND 15 wATT

All things being equal, the only way to tell a 20watt from a 15watt in terms of volume is scientific measurement :p There's virtually no audible difference as far as volume is concerned. Not too familiar with both amps, but if I were u, I'd be looking for at it's features and price tag rather than wattage.

what kind of features? and also, any reccomendation for good 15-20 watt bass amp? i play slap too and play hard rock.

sLapshock said:
what kind of features? and also, any reccomendation for good 15-20 watt bass amp? i play slap too and play hard rock.

For slap, u'll be hardpressed to find a such a small amp with a decent tweeter to give the clarity u would need. Perhaps the SWR LA series, though I have heard of ppl hating theirs so much, they set it on fire. :)

sLapshock said:

Just to share what i did... i'm playing a microbass too, HDB dweller, since my old Guyatone made in japan semi-vintage amp exploded. And i can't find the replacement National brand burnt power amp chip since its no longer manufactured.

Anyway its a bit crazy, but i have a spare Hi-fi speaker (Aiwa NSX... those mini-compo speaker) and i hooked it up to the 'speaker out' jack of my microbass, and i place the hi-fi speaker on my desk. Since the thing has a tweeter, a mid-range driver plus the bigger speaker (only 8" i think) the sound is quite... err hi-fi. nice slap tones to practice with. And since the Aiwa speaker is in a sealed, ported enclosure, the bass response wasn't bad too, even though i place it up on my desk. Cool. Sounds great when i play my CDs through the amp too, but since the microbass has no CD input, i made myself a simple passive mixer to mix bass + CD inputs to plug into the amp. Cost: $5. bus fare to sim lim tower not included.

squidospyder said:
Just to share what i did... i'm playing a microbass too, HDB dweller, since my old Guyatone made in japan semi-vintage amp exploded. And i can't find the replacement National brand burnt power amp chip since its no longer manufactured.

Anyway its a bit crazy, but i have a spare Hi-fi speaker (Aiwa NSX... those mini-compo speaker) and i hooked it up to the 'speaker out' jack of my microbass, and i place the hi-fi speaker on my desk. Since the thing has a tweeter, a mid-range driver plus the bigger speaker (only 8" i think) the sound is quite... err hi-fi. nice slap tones to practice with. And since the Aiwa speaker is in a sealed, ported enclosure, the bass response wasn't bad too, even though i place it up on my desk. Cool. Sounds great when i play my CDs through the amp too, but since the microbass has no CD input, i made myself a simple passive mixer to mix bass + CD inputs to plug into the amp. Cost: $5. bus fare to sim lim tower not included.

That works too. Although try to avoid higher volumes on it, as these speakers were not designed for the kind of speaker extrusions that instrument speakers are designed to withstand. Pre recorded music is usually nicely compressed. Oh yes, and make sure the impedence isn't lower than the amp can take.

In fact when I practice at home, I dun use a bass amp. I run my preamp board out into my hifi system. Even in my rehearsal place, I have a 1000watt PA setup to run the bass through.

well, from what i see, i decided to get peavey microbass 15 watts. so many ppl reccomend it, dont know if there any other better and cheap amp and nice looking amp.

Back