open Discussion Thread <-- i dont know what to call it

Gee. i actually read that, but why think so deep, gosh~ i am in no way trying to show off or whatever you may think, but I have a friend who ALWAYSA GAS-es every single day. this post is for them to think " well. perhaps i dont need to spend money on my $400 podxt (pardon me if i got the price wrong)

He, is really on the verge of spending money every single day, now im not talking about doing good deeds. Im just stating that u dont Neccessarily Need the upgrades to sound or just cuz everyone has it.

IT IS fine to purchase pedals if u choose, im not saying its Wrong for spending money for that exceptional tone that everyone is craving for, for the last time~ im saying that perhaps what u have is fine~

yes i know its a modelling amp, im trying to say~ if i, or anyone else has this amp (Or any amp) for that matter~ u wouldn't need to seek upgrades~

PS: we're only talking about distortion here-

repulse~ yes thank you for your comment.

I Fully understand where you are coming from, please not that i said " mid range " type stuff..

which brings me to another point~ Thanks

it goes to show that having a decent amp is First!

if people get a shitty $50 amp, they they spend so much money on Gears and stuff, they're never gonna be satisfiyed~

i've always dreaded debates between digital and analog. mainly because, there is no conclusions to this, no end to the supporters of both fields.

digital music has brought us many advances which you guys have overlooked or consciously forgotten. your Mp3s files, IPODs, Creatives, Keyboards. No more huge vinyls, along comes CDs that play 1312312391 songs. no need to hire your piano movers for a gig, get a keyboard.

its not a question of which is better, but i really think they've both got their strengths.

they're people who get anal over analog pedals, tube amps, but still continue to listen their music from digitally mastered CDs and Mp3s!? so what? let's all burn our CDs and buy vinyls?

i think a lot of people would fail a blindfold test. should we conduct it. haha, point is analog is not better than digital or vice versa.

"feel" is wholly, intangible. can you say Carlos Santana's got more feel than SRV? i think its not fair to just say digital lacks "feel"

... comes CDs that play 1312312391 songs.

haha! :D

I was gonna say that this discussion will never end~

Really want to thank whoever has posted here and being involved~

wow, cool clip and cool looking strat. i think the secret to that tone is in the black nail polish 8)

Oh yes i am so sorry, i would also like to include that if u only own a Strat u dont neccessarily have to buy another guitar, u can make-do

On a side note, i think edder once posted a mp3 file comparing several analogue overdrives with varying differences in price. The differences were mostly subtle and in many cases u have to listen closely to hear them. So is it worth it to pay top dollar for such? Well its up to the individual.

Its also got to do with personally, how it feels.

Sound is but 1/2 the equation to a fabulous dirt pedal.

This discussion should remain more of a dialouge of how your tone sounds AzNjT.

shioks76: i suggest you read my post again, you didn't get what i was trying to drive at. The point is not ultimately in expensive gear or must-haves, more of a what-is-needed to achieve certain tones.

I was trying to let the threadstarter know what he was trying to say is only as good as for the modelling technology and not applicable to the other side of the fence.

aznjt: No one's shooting you down, i think it's because u didn't really state what was the point of the thread exactly. Only did you just mentioned it in your replies :lol:

i guess making do is a very subjective thing.
Lets say u have a strat and a ts7. I can't expect u to go and play metal just on these 2 stuff. So it depends on what u already have and what u want to do with it.

Also its true that many people have bought and sold gear without even realising the pedals full potential b4 doing so. I must be one of the biggest culprits considering the amount of stuff ive bought and sold the past 2 yrs.

Unfortunately some people are never satisfied and some people go in circles b4 they find what they really want. Kinda reminds me of the chorus of this u2 song: But i still haven't found what im looking for.

Also there are others who currently like what they have but later find something better. Mostly the prob of gear whores. Hate to admit it but im one of them. Actually the prob of quite a number of people who frequent this forum.

Arrgh i need help!!! :?

shioks76: I think it's futile on getting my point across, seems like you're not grasping it even after a clarification. I shall rest my case here, good day.

haha AzNjT, if ur fren wants to gas den let him la. not everyone will wanna choose the bare essentials rite? i mean if that were the case den lets all be communist, have 1 model of guitar which everyone in the world will use and stuff like that. look on the road. nissan good enough to travel all over singapore but some will opt for audi, bmw or even lamborghini but really its just up to wat u want lo. nissan obviously can get u across singapore but compared to a lambo for eg? same with other pple. im sure any old ibanez can do the job but guitar for me music aint something im gonna just half ass all my life. i wanna have good gear and enjoy it even if i spend most of my time playing at home cos it gives me pleasure to have good gear to play.

ur point is valid but i dun think u should think of it that way. if music is ur passion im sure u wont have to stinge on it aye.

i'm gonna say something very evil... :twisted:

no gas = no biz for guitar shops = no guitar shops = get pedals n axes at high price online = lost of interest due to money factor = no guitar manufacturer = no more guitar in this world! = extinction!!!!

no la.. it wun happen.. there will still b ppl gas-ing for no reason :D anyway it definately makes some1 happy 2 own something new :D

the guitar gear section is second only to kopitiam in post counts. The post counts in the guitar buy sell section is increasing at an exponential rate...
it could be that people really cant decide what they want, or the current gas situation is getting from bad to worse.

Good guitars, boutique pedals and amps are wants, personally i do not see them as needs. Its possible to make do with ordinary gears , be sastisfied with it ,feel good about it and hence controlling your wants.. its all in the mind, just a matter of self discipline i say. besides not everyone has ability and the financial resources to spend on their passion with such high pirority.
Well theres absolutely nothing wrong with getting all those fanciful gears, but from a non-musician/general point of view its like buying a gold tap for your toilet. Then again some people thinks its ok to have a gold tap in their toilet.

gradually, your GAS will worsen, you will spend more and more, you cant quit it!! when u try to quit, there will be withrawal synptoms because you have already set such high expectations for the achieving the perfect tone.
Ok maybe its exaggerated

well i'm sure there are people who will violently object to what i have said, but well i just want to be heard. :)
sorry to 'reopen' this topic.
its quite a meaningful topic anyway..

gradually, your GAS will worsen, you will spend more and more, you cant quit it!! when u try to quit, there will be withrawal synptoms because you have already set such high expectations for the achieving the perfect tone.

NOOOO!!! :lol:

Im already a victim. Anyway got to say that soft is now the main trading platform in music gearfir sg. Ever since luther website needed online registration + authorisation from moderator.

Well theres absolutely nothing wrong with getting all those fanciful gears, but from a non-musician/general point of view its like buying a gold tap for your toilet. Then again some people thinks its ok to have a gold tap in their toilet.

:lol:

Its like... duh?

Back