open Discussion Thread <-- i dont know what to call it

so i say lets just all eat chicken rice everyday. i mean having diff food everyday is just a want and i guess eating is just getting nourishment for the day so i dun suppose we should be eating whatever is nice cos that is just a want secondary to the point of feeding oneself. id say lets all go communist. there shouldnt be any diff clothes shop either cos clothes are just to cover our back and anything more than that would be a want more than a need.

haha ok i quit.

anyway, i dont think metallica's tone is anything too spectacular.

is that at bedroom levels? practice amps are great for that, cranked maybe not so.

why the hell are we talking about chicken rice...

mattleesc: its the lowest possible, any higher and the tone will be cracked up.

You play game don't upgrade armour?

You level 60, can tank level 100 but wear level 1 armour?

Please leh, you rikes like thish, people may rikes like thath.

Let it be.

i likes this analogy thing ahaha. i guess gas is really pples prob lo. if they can afford to spend on their passion then its no issue ya. and not everyone who buys one thing will keep buying another. im already done with my buying already..

pentatonics thats not communism, its a completely different ideology called utilitarianism.

there was a time in history where everyone was eating more or less the same food everyday, It was a need, people didnt really care about what they eat as long as they get to eat. And there are still people who eat the same stuff everyday. your chicken rice analogy isnt absurd.

but ultimately you cant use the analogy of a chicken rice, because chicken rice is consumable, musical instruments are durable goods. if you treat your musical instruments as consumables just like food, well then it just means that ur GAS beyond cure :)

ERM

ok .. Aznit you are right to send the message that we players , should look at our own gear and think whether are we fully maximizing it. whether we really need that new pedal or new amp.

from your clip i can tell you honestly that the tone is really nothing to be all wooptidoo see-what-my-mim-strat-can-do about.

you bring your strat to my house.. plug into my 5150 ..crank it to 3 and play the same thing. i "guarantee" you will be saving up for a tube amp.

then you are gonna have a big gig some day. and big gig you need more volume. so you plug into an awesome tube amp with 4x12 cab - direct in with your strat and crank the gain like on your modeling amp.
you will experience feedback and squealing and your crowd and the sound crew will hate you for it.

then comes the need to buy new gear so you wont have such problems.

But i totally agree with your concept of maximising the potential of whatever your money buys, before buying anything else based on impulse.

Back