OM: Zombie acoustic cover - Tainted Friday

atee

Hola. Tainted Friday's got another acoustic up.

Zombie cover - Tainted Friday
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DHHCCM8JZ3RU3ANKS7C2DSSU2

Again, our drummer's singing. And shaking the egg shaker. Yanni on bass. Amanda on guitar and backup vocals. The mixing not very good ah, cannot hear the lead acoustic and backup vocals. Not we mix one. Anyway any critiques/comments will be very appreciated!

We're trying to get some originals done too, we'll put them here for comments to improve it when we're done. ;)

Thanks!

wow, this is like a blast from the past.
the cover is really awesome. the acoustics is great. really nice.
out of 10, i give 9.
wohoo!!! :D

whoooot sweeeeet :D

i love it.

my teachers did this for teachers today. darn nice :) good vocals.

i kinda hear of the bgsinger. maybe its just me ><

nice vocals cel, and nice acoustic work on the guitars atee. overal was a nice cover, and i really liked the egg shaking thing. the mixing wasnt very well done, bass sounds clippish and the backup vocals could be louder to get a better effect.

I thought I just heard The Cranberries acoustic live! lol.

On a more serious note, the song sounds not bad overall. Acoustic guitar has nice feel and nice vocals too :D

unwell14 said:
i kinda hear of the bgsinger. maybe its just me ><

Haha Don't worry you're not hearing things. We couldn't afford the time to sit in during the mixing, plus this is just a japalan thing to play for teachers' day, so we didn't really care much.

But yep it could've been mixed better. Thanks for the comments so far!

hifi_killer said:
the rhythm guitarist is abit too violent on her guitar.

Hey the strings didn't break what. Hahaha. But seriously, violent meh?

u guys rock.... really and its a very version of the song as well.... i really hope to hear more from u guys soon.......

hi fored

how did you do the recording?

there's a compressor that is pressing the music down. usually a little is fine to control the overall dynamics but it is a bit too much in this song.

yes yes indeed...vocals are really nice :twisted: and one guitar is violent..i cant play accoustic to save my life >.< so im violent to my electric (warlock abuser \m/) but awesome cover..keep it up!

soft said:
there's a compressor that is pressing the music down. usually a little is fine to control the overall dynamics but it is a bit too much in this song.

School recording studio. AV uncle mixed for us hahaha. Yea he was saying something about using a compressor... But we just let him do whatever he wanted with it, so we didn't have the chance to edit anything before it got burned into a CD. Would have prefered mixing it ourselves, but it's his job lah. *shrugs*

And thanks for all the comments so far! Seriously, violent meh? ... It's an emotional song isn't it?

brings back memories of jc where yanzi used to sit next to me yodelling dis song in class...

the rythm guitar is fine....

kompressor sial...

eagerly awaiting the originals....

parasite_eve said:
the bass sucks :oops:

Hey man thanks for the comments. Mind being more specific about the bass? In what way don't you like it? Than we can improve on it. Yep.

I think the compressor is pushing the vocals back. Its stopping the voice from going louder to express the emotions. Btw, i notice that ur singer has some pitching problems lol..

LOl ur school got recording studio good liao ... :X..

fored, do you happen to remember what equipment you used for the recording? mics, mixer, multitrack ...

Mic would be the AKG C414(gold one), mixer's a Mackie. Don't know the model, it's an old one I think. A big one. Hahaha. Then it goes to the Mbox, and he uses the Protools software. Yep.

I would love to get my hands on that mic. ;)

Latest posts

Back