OM: Pseudo Jazz ...

then again, alot of trademark jazz players use alot of chromaticism..
to spice things up. one of the great aspects of jazz playing. im not really knowledgable about jazz guitar that much so i dont think i can really give anything constructive hehe...

but great tone man. love it. smooth playing! enjoyed it

hey guys... thanks for checking it out! :)

Spartans, you're right... I was trying to play with a swing rhythm, those big bands kind of music...

heh, abit late to post though i think i was the first few to hear it. I think the track started out with more blues and sounded more at ease after the first half :D

Yay! Clap Clap Clap! :D
That's so sweet Mooo! Hey You''re getting real close to nailing it once you start adding more of that Setzer influenced "Swing" to the pharses mate. Try some sixteenth beat triplets and approach each entry note on the 2nd beat with a flatted slur for a quick pseudo Jazz vibe!
Hey Mooo! Maybe you can send over some of those backing tracks so we can all start adding our own playing for sharing and learning from each other? What say folks?
:D

Aye Randolf! You are right... never thought of 16th beat triplets! And that "approach each entry note on the 2nd beat with a flatted slur", that could work out... ah... hahaha.. more things to try out! Thanks man!

Hahaha... the backing was available here a couple of thread down. :) Hay88 took it from me on msn and he posted his own take on it... hope to see more people take on this wannabe-jazz thing. ;)

Anyone wants the backing?

Back